Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2nd Annual Hanna Park Drive-in April 12th jax, fla
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Hanna Park Drive-in April 12th jax, fla Reply with quote

i hope to see every come out for this event!! bring out those splitty's!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A= bus show
B= 67 south party (unless noted elsewhere)
C=Sunday all vw show.

remember split window buses only.
there is beach access so bring a bathing suit, surfboard, beach chairs or whatever. restrooms close by. BYOF!!
rain or shine

IMPORTANT--- THIS IS A STRICTLY LOW KEY CRUISE IN TYPE EVENT. THERE IS TO BE NO TRAILERS/SWAPPERS VENDING. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. THE ONLY TYPE OF SWAP ALLOWED IS BULLI BRIGADE STYLE IF IT DON'T FIT IN FRONT OF YOUR BUS DON'T BRING IT! STATE PARK RULES APPLIED AND ENFORCED!!

instagram im_eating_pizza

Last edited by eddiemoney on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a navigational rally planned after the bus show but before the 67south party sponsered by locashracing.

more info to follow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok nav/rally info

Quote:
first car leaves hanna park @ 2:30. 2-4 minute interval between each. all types of cars welcome (vw prefered air or water). ends @ 67 south.

my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vw-in-neptune wrote:
ok nav/rally info

Quote:
first car leaves hanna park @ 2:30. 2-4 minute interval between each. all types of cars welcome (vw prefered air or water). ends @ 67 south.

If its an all split bus show then there will not be too many different types of vw's there Confused
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vujade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
vw-in-neptune wrote:
ok nav/rally info

Quote:

If its an all split bus show then there will not be too many different types of vw's there Confused

sure there would, you cant forget VW Spectators Wink

'67 Sunroof Notchback for sale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mike if you were to drive out in your daughters honda then you could go on the rally too. you just cant park in the show. thats all.

Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The First Ever (and maybe Annual) Lo Cash Road Rally will be on Saturday, April 12th, the weekend of the Jax Beach VW Show.

Participation will be FREE, but limited to 75 teams.

The rally will be a cross between a traditional Poker rally and a Berg style navigation rally.

There will be navigation instructions to take you through the course. Along the way you will have to answer various questions in the booklet. The answers are along the course. Also along the course you will collect 5 common playing cards from various stops. You will also have the opportunity to gain bonus points.

Scoring will be based on:

Number of correctly answered questions.
Number of points from your hand of cards (points will equal face value of card. Ace is 1, 2 is 2, 10 is 10, Jack is 11, Queen is 12, etc).
Bonus points gained.
Time to complete course. Deductions for going to quickly OR to slowly.

It’ll work like this:

Each team (we recommend 2 or 3 persons per car) will register and be given an instruction booklet. READ THESE CAREFULLY!

We will seal the driver’s license into an envelope. It must remain sealed. If it is opened at the end of the rally that team is disqualified. Bottom line; don’t drive like a maniac, obey the traffic laws and you’ll be fine.

The first car will be brought to the starting point and the time noted. When told, the team will take off. Follow the directions in the booklet and answer the questions along the way. At the various stations, collect your next playing card and continue on.

Teams will take off with a 2-4 minute interval between. This will reduce teams following each other and make for more fun finding the answers. Hint: When you find an answer, DON’T POINT!!

The rally will end at the 67 South Saturday evening Pre-Party on Powers Avenue. If you get totally lost or give up, just bail to 67 South and enjoy the evening.

I will be working up some give away prize for a raffle and some sorts of prizes for 1st place, second place and perhaps worst team to actually make it all the way.

If you'd like to help organize this event or man one of the card stations along the way, please email me or call

More info will be posted as it’s available.

John Hunt
www.LoCashRacing.Org
904-412-7887

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vw-in-neptune wrote:
well mike if you were to drive out in your daughters honda then you could go on the rally too. you just cant park in the show. thats all.

Nah, I think I'll drive the singlecab instead. One of the rally questions can be: Where can a broken down VW enthusiast find a set of points in St. Augustine at 11pm on a saturday night so they can get back on the road and get home?
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gr8ful71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of turn out did you have last year? I am thinking of rolling up from Lauderdale.

Joe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there was a total of 15 splits and 3 bays and a couple bugs. not bad for the show ever.

then on sunday was the all vw car show with around 100 plus cars and a huge swap.

wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went last year and had a good time. I'll be there this year. Will, any shirts this year?
Geoslavetoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:

Nah, I think I'll drive the singlecab instead. One of the rally questions can be: Where can a broken down VW enthusiast find a set of points in St. Augustine at 11pm on a saturday night so they can get back on the road and get home?

too easy...in the spareparts box, inside the spare dizzy. We're talking VW enthusiasts here, not NOOBS.

I hope there is a good turnout, I cannot make it this year. Damn family is gettin in the way Evil or Very Mad

Jason
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there.

Hopefully I won't blow an engine on the way to the after party like 2007!

Will, you drivin' your bus?

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T-ravis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
vw-in-neptune wrote:

I know what the answer wouldn't be at least Twisted Evil
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-ravis wrote:
my65vert wrote:
vw-in-neptune wrote:

I know what the answer wouldn't be at least Twisted Evil

Cool
57Drag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Wink
CASON
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully ill be able to take my pile to this one Confused
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CASON wrote:
hopefully ill be able to take my pile to this one Confused

What is your pile?

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CASON
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mpribanicWhat is your pile?[/quote]

65 sedan bulit out of everyone in middleburg/ jacksonville's spare parts Very Happy
Dirty South Girl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: 67 South Party April 12th... Reply with quote

It's on!!! It's dirty!! It's gonna be dirtier than the dumpster. As always, BYOB. We'll provide the rest. Raffle goodies are stackin' up!! From cereal bowls to knocked loose road reflectors!! Take off your thinking cap and don't forget oil.[img][/img]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: