Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

78-79 sliding side windows
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmx2c4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

Does anyone know if a standard window seal will fit the sliding side windows on the late bay windows? Before I tear one apart and find out its a special NLA seal etc. It's a Champagne Edition with the chrome insert as well, any info appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

They sell the rubber seals for that window at Wolfsburg West. It is just a standard rubber w/o vent window. You can order it with or with out the groove for the chrome strip. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

NOS seals from that place in PA.
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

Busdepot.com
Bags Buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

Chabanais I used the seals from Busdepot and would addvise to go to West Coast Metric for any rubber. They are more money but they are alot better. The new rubber from Busdepot (one year old ) I have to replace now. All the corners riped and split.
Karl
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

Really? The NOS stuff? I've had good luck with it. Tell me more.
Bags Buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

Chabanais , I had a hell of a time getting it on the glass, had a real hell of a time getting the windows in to the bus, and after about a month or so the rubber split in every corner and I mean split in about 6-8 spots.
I have gotton a lot from them , but no more rubber.
Chabanais , where are you from ?
Karl
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: 78-79 sliding side windows Reply with quote

SF CA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: