Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

can someone run a vin check for me
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowblind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: can someone run a vin check for me Reply with quote

I know its only $20 through websites... but many can do it for free

1986 westy that I'm going to get if no title problems:

WV2ZB0258GH069977

Thank you in advance
-brad
devesvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all good i just checked the vin no bad stuff at all Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
snowblind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi devesvws,

Thanks a lot. If you get a chance, can you PM me the results ?
m2008s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are those of you who can check it for free able to see any/all accidents, etc involved with the vehicle? if so i need one ran too Smile

Check out my Myspace (click WWW) and add me, send me a msg though or ill decline Wink.

FOR SALE 71 SQUARE http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=690111
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me stupid. Please explain this running of VINs for free? My feeble mind does not grasp this concept.

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R39o,

If you are looking for cars, you can buy carfax for 90 days unlimited use for about $25. Some businesses use it full time, if they're in the biz of auto acquisition.

So these guys are basically asking if someone has access to carfax so they can get a history of their auto without buying carfax.

I'm always a little surprised when people won't shell out $25 to cover their axxes on an auto purchase, but that's probably why I never have any money, either.

In any event, I was going to post to this thread and suggest that when you're asking someone else to do something in order to save you money, maybe you ought to offer them a spiff or something... just seems like the Samba way.

Best,

Lanval
m2008s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanval wrote:
R39o,

If you are looking for cars, you can buy carfax for 90 days unlimited use for about $25. Some businesses use it full time, if they're in the biz of auto acquisition.

So these guys are basically asking if someone has access to carfax so they can get a history of their auto without buying carfax.

I'm always a little surprised when people won't shell out $25 to cover their axxes on an auto purchase, but that's probably why I never have any money, either.

In any event, I was going to post to this thread and suggest that when you're asking someone else to do something in order to save you money, maybe you ought to offer them a spiff or something... just seems like the Samba way.

Best,

Lanval

agreed. paypal the guy $2 or something. haha

Check out my Myspace (click WWW) and add me, send me a msg though or ill decline Wink.

FOR SALE 71 SQUARE http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=690111
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Captain Pike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r39o wrote:
Me stupid. Please explain this running of VINs for free? My feeble mind does not grasp this concept.

Agreed__especially from a new member(1 post) looking for free service without ever contributing to the forum.
Try to give before you take.
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lanval wrote:
R39o,

Best,

Lanval

agreed. paypal the guy $2 or something. haha

Oh, spiff. I thought you wrote "spliff".

My bad.

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spliff, spiff, it's all good.

Well, whatever you got to offer. I don't have money, but I have time and good junkyards... early on someone told me, "If you want the truth, start by offering it".

You can substitute many words for 'truth' here, and it still holds ~ if you want someone to do you a favor, a good way to get it is to do them a favor first. Or so it seems to me.

Lanval

edit ~ you know, I just got that r39o might've been speaking sarcastically, in which case my apologies for stating the obvious... Embarassed

L
devesvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try $29.00 for 30 days Shocked i just bought a 94 golf found it had 2 owners.it was bought by the us state department for german diplomat use. thats kinda cool info i think Laughing and the low miles checks out and no bad stuff at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
snowblind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise to be contributing much more to the forum now that I am taking ownership of a vanagon. If devesvws is in my neighborhood then I will do my best to find him a spiffy spliff.
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Give Credit Where Credit is Due... Reply with quote

That's not a bad offer... Pass it along, that sort of thing. Welcome to the funny farm, add your Van's year and model to your signature, and post some pictures of your new source of financial drain.

And learn... the Search. The Search is all-pervasive... It flows through our posts... Allows us to perceive, to learn... Talk like this, you will. Drive the others crazy, it shall... Yes, yes!

Shocked

Waiter! Stimulants, Table 3!

Best!
snowblind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK well I just got the van a few hours ago, will update my info later. 1986 westy with about 130k miles (broke odometer).
brooklynvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIN search doesn't always show all accidents. Only those reported.
mine checked out A-OK on carfax but I have since found evidence that it was hit in the back at some point and fixed.
RIP 1986 Saab turbo
and my daily commuter: a Bicycle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
hiram6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIN check also isn't going to show the rust monster hiding in your seams.

The only reason I did a carfax (paid for myself, thank you very much) on mine was to see if it had ever lived in a really harsh environment. VIN showed one year in Chicago Illionois, 8 in Boulder CO, and then to Georgia, where it still lives today.

You can't lie around on the beach and drink rum all day.................unless you start first thing in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
devesvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowblind wrote:
OK well I just got the van a few hours ago, will update my info later. 1986 westy with about 130k miles (broke odometer).
i would say carfax is not the true facts but its all you have if it did not come with a pile of work repair invoices. the guy that sold me the 94 golf gave me all he had of repair invoices etc with miles Very Happy . ok in your case the po bought it 3/05 with 104727 the last record of miles was 10/06 at 116909 thats 19 months and a little over 12k add about 13 k in the last 16 months since the 116909 and you get about 13000k sounds about the right miles so it might be a bit off but i bet the miles is close to the true milage now fix that spedo Wink Confused yet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: