Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Bay recently?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
schitraroff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Wow, the grey primer shows such a huge improvement. YOu must be excited.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

The converted parade bus, was a big hit. This isnt the best pic, as they painted up the rear sides nicely, but cant see it here.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

just fixed this part

Stage one

Stage two

Stage three
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

schitraroff wrote:
Wow, the grey primer shows such a huge improvement. YOu must be excited.

Thank you, it has been nice being all one color this week. Paint going on today or tomorrow Very Happy

Jetfxr69 wrote:
The converted parade bus, was a big hit. This isnt the best pic, as they painted up the rear sides nicely, but cant see it here.

Hippies invade Lancaster!
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

The weather was awesome today, 70 by 10am, dew burned off by the the time I got back from the dump. Color day. Of course the bugs were out and it’s Sept in Maine so the leaves are starting to drop, both pissed me off even though I expected it and this isn’t a restoration or a show car. Not even close on both counts. Smile that being said, it’s now one color again, looks good from 20 (yards or more...), and if it gets dinged or scratched, I DGAF. Bumpers on, lenses back on, lights mounted. Windows will go back in once it has dried more and I pickup a windshield.

Shot some old shitty hubcaps since had half a load of paint still in the cup. Not sure if will use them or run “naked.”

Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Coming along nicely Scott. I wish I could offer the windshield out of blue bus, but we need it for ryans camper, his is all smoked around the edges.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
Coming along nicely Scott. I wish I could offer the windshield out of blue bus, but we need it for ryans camper, his is all smoked around the edges.

Thank you, I’m pleased with today’s progress, hoping to get more done tomorrow.
I remember saying to you when he picked up that westy that the windshield looked like it was not good at all. when you showed me the blue beast, first thing I thought of is “good glass for the westy” Smile. Monday I’m gonna go up to Reggie’s and see if they have one, I can get one new delivered to Portland for $185 but everything I’ve read, the new ones don’t fit. I’d be PISSED to drive 3 hour round trip and drop $185 just to break it. OG and local first:). Gotta put windshields in both my Dodge and Karen’s Jeep next month, too.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Windows in. Use WCMs kit, went smoothly. Hose confirmed no leaks:). Got th door handles back on, interior panels in (except kick panels, those are trash), and hinge covers in place. Been a productive weekend Smile.

cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Good looking Bus!
kevinj73us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Today I cut down a tri-fold mattress to use on top of my Z bed. After a couple of camping trips using 2” foam pads over the bed, we decided we needed a little more cushion to even out the difference from the hard cargo area to the soft(ish) seats.

Here is the mattress we ordered- Milliard Full Tri Folding Mattress with Washable Cover (73 inches x 52 inches x 4 inches) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W67PAPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oz7IDb43VX56N

At 52” it was too wide to fit in the cargo area with the spare wheel. I trimmed each of the 3 panels to 44” wide so it would fit folded in the cargo area.

I did the cuts by hand with a serrated bread knife. Right now the extra cover fabric is just folded over under the passenger side edge of the mattress.

I will fill in the gap between the mattress and the driver side wall with the off cuts. Need to sew up a cover for them.

Super comfy now.

kj
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Not bad, i like
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Hobobus got some groovy retro AM/FM sound, to replace a really crappy cassette head unit that was in there when I bought the bus. This thing looked good, but the power kept cutting in and out, the goofy metal cage thing it mounts in wouldnt tighten on the dash, and it didn't even sound that good. It was time for it to go.

Custom made an aluminum faceplate to fit the new old radio.

Got the radio at a swap meet for $3. Cool I usually buy these $2-5 things when I see them. This one works and sounds great.

It only had one knob, and I couldn't believe my collection of old radio knobs couldnt produce a knob that fits. Weird. I need to hoard more stuff! Laughing (Don't tell my GF that.)

Then took the bus to the pet store - Got a cool pic.

Rockin that new old Audiovox sound. Fozzy approves.

Hobo

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

HoboBus wrote:

Rockin that new old Audiovox sound. Fozzy approves.

Hobo

Waka waka waka!

Did a bunch of little things around working on the yard. Got auxiliary backup light mounted

Three point retractable hooked up

ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Dug into the long forgotten memories of middle school home ec. classes and made curtains today. Didn’t take as long as I thought it would, pleased with the results for $7.00 + tax (I gotta move back to NH...) and a few hours worth of my Sunday.

The better half looked inside after I hung them. “Doesn’t look as cute inside” which I take to mean that she no longer thinks it’s “that @&$%#! eyesore in the driveway” and think it at least looks “cute” outside, so I’ll take that as a win Smile.

Welded up the frame for roof rack, want to get that done while weather still decent. Guess after that I have to work on the “not so cute” inside.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Looking great Scott! You have certainly been hustling. Just in time for that October snow surprise to come. Nice shameless EMT promotion pic.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Got tired of the sloppy steering on the crew cab, along with the popping and flopping of the broken front sway bar. Someone beat the hell out of this front end.

I ended up replacing it with a good factory sway bar. I had mix reviews about putting on the aftermarket 7/8” HD bars, but actually enjoy the stock body roll. Running 15” wheels with 205’s, along with some good shocks, I think changing and correcting a few other components, I’ll have this front end nice again.

Oh, and change the oil on the red bus in the background.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skoolieman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Finally got around to installing new shocks all around. I put KYB GR-2s up front and KYB Gas-Adjusts in the back. I'm looking forward to cruising without getting pushed all over the place by trucks and the wind. Hopefully these help.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Was near a Home Depot this week (closest is about an hour away) and made a run through to get stuff for the interior. Had today kinda off and waiting for my windshield to arrive, so dove in. Created an extended platform to bring the deck out from 36” to 6’. We are both 5’3” so this should be a good “lay down” length. It gives me about 22 cu ft of storage under there.

Then built up a sideboard. This covers the old spare tire well and will be where the electrics will run and possibly a 5kw diesel heater. Not sure how much cold weather camping we will do but might go that route just cuz...

Cut and fit the carpeting in the back. Once I get the wiring run I’ll tack it down on the sideboard.

Built a small kitchen shelf unit. My jig saw died so couldn’t cut hole for sink or do the plumbing. Yes, that’s a microwave...I’ll probably poly the wood that isn’t covered by carpet. I have my isolator kit and fuse panel, gotta pick up house battery so can wire it up. Looking at a 100w solar set up, might be the next purchase.
Mispeld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Pulled engine, trans and fuel tank. Replaced fuel sender and cleaned tank. Cleaned engine and transmission. Painted tins and intake. Replaced input shaft seal, hockey stick and ball. Replaced rear main seal, pushrod tube seals and pulled 1&2 cylinders to apply rtv at the bases. Replaced intake boots and gaskets. Adjusted valves, changed oil, and replaced low side fuel hose from fpr. Replaced TS2 since I was in there. Replaced plugs, exhaust gaskets, and studs on muffler. Also replaced mustache bar rubber motor mounts. Installed the gas pedal linkage kit. Put it all back together and she would not start. Lost spark, so I cleaned points since they apparently got dirty while doing the work. Had good spark now, but now no fuel! After a few min I discovered I forgot to remove my fuel hose clamp between pump and rear tin. Embarassed

Man she purrrrrrs and shifts amazing now. And a working fuel guage! Took 8 days start to finish by myself including a few hours during the week after work.

I know... I need to get the proper washers for the CV joint.

Old hockey stick and what is left of the ball.

ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Hot damn, that’s productive! Nice!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
Jump to:
Page 439 of 463

Jump to: