Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Bay recently?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

^Is that Capitos replacement?
’65 Deluxe Build
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Bought a bus... 1974 westfalia.

Just wanted to add a little update to this... y'all probably know, but after agreeing on a price he said it was ours. About a week passed with no contact and when I said that the next day was when we settled to pick it up he told me he had sold it the Monday after I went for more than asking Crying or Very sad some people just can't keep their word...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
Bought a bus... 1974 westfalia.

Just wanted to add a little update to this... y'all probably know, but after agreeing on a price he said it was ours. About a week passed with no contact and when I said that the next day was when we settled to pick it up he told me he had sold it the Monday after I went for more than asking Crying or Very sad some people just can't keep their word...

You can't rely on people. At least most. There is no such thing as a good deal, just the deal at hand that you need to pay for right then and there. Luck favors the prepared? Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
^Is that Capitos replacement?

Wink Cool yes- but you didn't hear it here. Shocked

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

You like them high tops, don't ya, WilliamM? Smile

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
You like them high tops, don't ya, WilliamM? Smile

it was actually my second one-but splitty fever got me and then a few health problems and by the time I got the replacement motor nearly finished- I had 2 splits and a Rivi-- so something had to go- when a chance comment in a blog caught my eye- and I knew that there was no rust thru out (not counting the battery tray) and a good tight cap, so made contact, and soon we had a deal-

They have already posted pics on instagram and Ep 5 coming to the masses soon. They want a rebuilt engine- so will use the current one as a core pretty sure they will publish a "build blog" so I'm just plugging along making it work, so parts can be picked up.

My first Hi-top- about 1986

pretty happy it will be doing the adventure in it I did in 1973- but with out the car and internet- still have boxes of film (yes children- we used film cameras back then) that I drag out from time to time.

If blue bus will ever behave, I will start another journey. - no regrets - just memories-[img][/img]
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

To bad it didn't have much room for stuff. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't step in any!

Last edited by williamM on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
TheHippieVanMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Finished off the tongue and grove cedar plank ceiling this weekend. Ive also been working on beefing up my insulation.

Hoping to frame my new interior in the coming week while the weather is still nice.

www.instagram.com/TheHippieVanMan
www.youtube.com/thehippievanman
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Very Happy your going to wake up and think you rented a room at the Grand Canyon Lodge-- very nice set up- should be able to heat that up with a candle n a clay pot.

Got the ignition switch changed out and-- IT WORKS- Laughing spun over from the comfort of the front seat- also found spring for under the steering wheel- so firmed up that area- then Fabricator John found a drag link with excessive play- so that should firm up the steering- BUT might end up replacing the entire front end with a recently rebuilt one from Anaheim- (thanks guys)- so this unit may go under the 66 EZ. we will see.

Don't step in any!
maz-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

got her to start after sitting outside for 11 years!
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

maz-o wrote:

Well done! How did you do it? Was it a lot of prep work?

williamM wrote:
Got the ignition switch changed out and-- IT WORKS- Laughing spun over from the comfort of the front seat- also found spring for under the steering wheel- so firmed up that area- then Fabricator John found a drag link with excessive play- so that should firm up the steering- BUT might end up replacing the entire front end with a recently rebuilt one from Anaheim- (thanks guys)- so this unit may go under the 66 EZ. we will see.

You know the rules, Bill... Pics, or it never happened! Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Special reverse flood lights installed:

Robbie

SwEEt!

Details?

What’s That Noise?!?
maz-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
maz-o wrote:

Surprisingly little prep work! Rebuilt carb that was flooding big time, along with new points and plugs, and she fired right up! Mind you this is the first time I even touch an aircooled engine so I was pretty pleased Smile Obviously it needs a lot of work but at least I know an engine rebuild is worth doing now.

bonus video of the start: https://streamable.com/buhoi
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
maz-o wrote:

williamM wrote:

You know the rules, Bill... Pics, or it never happened! Laughing

How about a before pic-?

Don't step in any!
maz-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Started ripping out the old headliner, and what do I find underneath? WASP NESTS! *shudder*

Bugs and the like are kind of a fobia of mine and I'm utterly nauseated by this. Sure they are probably long dead but...NOPE! Can't deal. Sick Sick Sick

AirAssault2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I'm sitting here, as I am away from my bus for the next six months, reminiscing on a camping trip we did this time last year!

Link
The Quaint Gypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Made her patina'd copper ( Modern Masters reactive copper paints and patinas

(still in process of adding different degrees of "weathering" to her)

ALso, gave her a new set of fuse boxes as the stock one suffered the fatal crack down the middle.
kruno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I have a few door clips and I have prepared for 3d print.

I hope the dimensions are ok Confused

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2618439

'05 renault modus Smile a little gallic gay car
toXic rust
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

To hold the door cards on? Confused What is this for exactly?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kruno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

'05 renault modus Smile a little gallic gay car
toXic rust
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Why print those? Wont you be spending $80 of time on a $.02 item? Is this just for fun?

Sorry for all the questions. Id just like to see people with this equipment and talent produce things like heater knobs for an early T3, Westfalia cabinet door handles, radio knobs......... Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
Jump to:
Page 416 of 463

Jump to: