Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Bay recently?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 462, 463, 464  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I know right? May not be for everyone but dayum that looks real nice. Shocked Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cooper363
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
I know right? May not be for everyone but dayum that looks real nice. Shocked Cool

Thanks man
cooper363
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

NorCalWeekender wrote:
cooper363 wrote:
I removed the vinyl around the windows and painted it to match the exterior. I just finished the new interior panels and headliner. I understand that its not for everyone, no worries, but I am happy with it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I really dig that headliner work. Do you have more pictures of the build or a thread somewhere?

Thanks man, its actually a kit you can order from Bamboom Wagens www.bamboomwagens.com, it honestly took me a total of 4 hours to complete it. Check out this link for a walkthru of how to install the headliner:

https://youtu.be/dkQ8_5OM5Kg?list=PLO6XzKH1MSbeTrABaO3xM1CSAICKGbEdp
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Hot damn! Thanks!

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cooper363
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

NorCalWeekender wrote:
Hot damn! Thanks!

No prob, good luck, post a pic if you end up going that route.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
Sunday September 8th, 2019 I said fairwell to my Bus for good. Upward and onward! She will always have a place in my heart (good or bad is TBD)

Checking out of the baywindow scene, or the VW scene altogether?
stevespeirs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

cooper363 wrote:

Thanks man, its actually a kit you can order from Bamboom Wagens www.bamboomwagens.com, it honestly took me a total of 4 hours to complete it. Check out this link for a walkthru of how to install the headliner:

Just watched the video. That's a pretty sweet headliner. Might be an easier-to-install replacement for my torn, ripped, tatty headliner... Think
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:
Sunday September 8th, 2019 I said fairwell to my Bus for good. Upward and onward! She will always have a place in my heart (good or bad is TBD)

Checking out of the baywindow scene, or the VW scene altogether?

Just out of the ACVW ownership. They are still cool cars, and will always have a place in my heart. Just don't wanna own one. It was a third car for me, and just doesn't make sense. I spent too much time on it to get no financial return. But I still own a 2003 Jetta GLI, and have zero plans to sell that anytime in the future, so that's my VW scene now I suppose. That VR6 engine is great.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cooper363
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

stevespeirs wrote:
cooper363 wrote:

Just watched the video. That's a pretty sweet headliner. Might be an easier-to-install replacement for my torn, ripped, tatty headliner... Think

Thats the exact reason I chose this headliner, I knew I could do it myself, no taking out windows etc.
veskovici
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
^^^ Vanagon ambulance cab divider window apparently fits. That is not a Vanagon side slider.

Right .
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

“Borrowed” the drag link out of Blue Bonnett, for Seamus.

Seamus’s steering was wandering about a 1/2 a wheel. Down to a 1/4 wheel now. Bad still, yes, but much improved.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Yesterday (Sat) cold and raining so I offered to take the lady out for a day of shopping. She give me the stink eye.
“What’s the weather tomorrow? Nice? You taking me out today so you can work on the bus and not feel guilty?”

Busted.

Got a small window of nice weather this week. My goal is to be on the road for the pig roast next month. I can do a lot of things in the cold and wet, paint ain’t one of them so today hit it with primer.

Got a few runs before got the mixture dialed in (MFG ratios only listed for 75F abs sea level, was 83F and I’m in the mountains) so will sand those out tomorrow, color on Tuesday, then hunt down a windshield and get the windows back in before it rains again.

I. Will. Succeed.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Wow - quite a weekend project!!
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
Wow - quite a weekend project!!

Thanks, and NO BUGS!
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I have black flies embedded in my rear paint....... don't paint in the Spring.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
I have black flies embedded in my rear paint....... don't paint in the Spring.

I try not to go outside in the spring if I can help it...
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Nice new coat for that bitch! The bus I mean.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
richard123vmt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I replaced the shaft of the windshield wiper. I inflated one tire. I put my rear bumper back on. (Running it off for a long time). I am now thinking about my front end. The shocks were new 20 years ago.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

converted a late model tintop into a split window today.

ok, before you all whip and beat me for such sacrilage, let me explain that our local high school homecoming is this week and the theme this year is “ through the ages”. our teachers, which my family is part of, drew the 60’s. and since no one around here has a hippy bus, our parts rig got volunteered. a little tape and spray paint, and honestly, no one up here will even know or care its not actually a 60’s bus. im sure the whole crew will be wearing tyedyes and goofy shit so no one will care.

let the flogging begin.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Laughing
I was about to be mad, until I read the rest. That's pretty cool actually. But anyone who thinks doing that to their driver/show car is a good idea is just wrong.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 462, 463, 464  Next
Jump to:
Page 438 of 464

Jump to: