Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Bay recently?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 451, 452, 453 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cartoonmonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Ernie that is crazy man. I can't wait to see what you do with er!
Shout out from the Pacific Northwest.
Fozzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Bumper ectomy.. Removed, banged out most of the dents, filled, sanded and painted them white.. probably too white, but they look OK for not having any idea what I was doing. They are on, but not tight, the front is crooked and I haven't worked on them much to get them perfect..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

71 Tin Top Westy
Adopted Dec or so 2017
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chorro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Been cruising lots, we put on about 1500 miles this month. fixed up the original westfalia rack and scored a realyy cool light bar with neat old fog lights. Me and kids went and picked up some straw bales, used the old rack. Loving our little 68

kruno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Link

'05 renault modus Smile a little gallic gay car
toXic rust
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mike77777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

been parked 2 months, started her up and drove around a little. Very Happy
Cuccuzze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Just about dont getting the walls in. . All the walls are lined with soundproofing adhesive panels, insulated, sealed and covered with soundproofing foam. Then made the holes to secure the clips. I put the spare in today, and the cover I sewed 2 years ago!

When I laid the floor, i followed dimensions I found online, sadly, it is slightly short. Not horrible... once the captain chair and table are in, I can trim the gap between the floor and wall.

Cuccuzze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

cartoonmonkey wrote:

The bumper and steps look great. What did you do to make the black rubber step really black and shiny? Did you replace them? How do they adhere?
Fozzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Cuccuzze wrote:
cartoonmonkey wrote:

The bumper and steps look great. What did you do to make the black rubber step really black and shiny? Did you replace them? How do they adhere?

They are new. they are secured using the steps themselves, they have tabs and pins that pop into the original holes in the metal (pics hopefully show them

71 Tin Top Westy
Adopted Dec or so 2017
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cuccuzze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Got it.. so you probably has to pry the old one off, sand, paint, and snap the new ones on. I'll try this! They look really nice!

Fozzy wrote:
Cuccuzze wrote:
cartoonmonkey wrote:

They are new. they are secured using the steps themselves, they have tabs and pins that pop into the original holes in the metal (pics hopefully show them

Fozzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Cuccuzze wrote:
Got it.. so you probably has to pry the old one off, sand, paint, and snap the new ones on. I'll try this! They look really nice!

Fozzy wrote:
Cuccuzze wrote:
cartoonmonkey wrote:

Mine were the originals and not really pliable anymore.. so they did kind of "pop" off.. the new ones were nice and pliable and with some duckbill pliers pulled into place nicely. The other thing you have to get that I had a lot of problem fitting were the "seals" that go between the bumper and the bumper ends... I will end up redoing them because I don't like the ones I got. I did find the ones I want to get though

I ordered new hardware kits for front and back, and splash pan seals for the rear.. I put a new corner on my passenger side, and the hole for the splash pan bolt is a bit off..

71 Tin Top Westy
Adopted Dec or so 2017
Cuccuzze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

So where do I get those bumper ends? The numnuts that painted my bus never took them off and sprayed them over... so I guess I will have to grind them out.

What is a splash pan? I have two small holes over the rear wheel hump, is that the hole youre talkin about?

[/quote][/quote]Mine were the originals and not really pliable anymore.. so they did kind of "pop" off.. the new ones were nice and pliable and with some duckbill pliers pulled into place nicely. The other thing you have to get that I had a lot of problem fitting were the "seals" that go between the bumper and the bumper ends... I will end up redoing them because I don't like the ones I got. I did find the ones I want to get though

I ordered new hardware kits for front and back, and splash pan seals for the rear.. I put a new corner on my passenger side, and the hole for the splash pan bolt is a bit off..[/quote]
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Finally cleaned up the garage enough to get HoboBus inside for the winter.

We have a garage-under, so the roof rack had to come off. Rolling Eyes Even with that, it just barely slides in under the garage door trim.

But at least the Bus is out of the weather for the winter.

Cool Razz Very Happy

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

your garage door can be adjusted to go up a few more inches.
I'd recommend that it's usually a fairly easy task of turning the adjust screw a couple turns.

it will not effect the door going all the way down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
your garage door can be adjusted to go up a few more inches.
I'd recommend that it's usually a fairly easy task of turning the adjust screw a couple turns.

it will not effect the door going all the way down.

Thanks Dan! Sadly it's not the door that limits it - it's actually the trim on the framing of the opening. Rolling Eyes Hard to see but this pic might show it better if you zoom in.

The trim is only 6'4" from the floor. (It's only a 9ft x 6.5 ft door.) The Bus just skims by. At least I don't have to deflate the tires. Confused Laughing

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
scubasteve321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Among many other projects prepping bus for an extended journey South;

Cedar kick and door panels

Jb916
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Just scored this 79 bus this past summer for my wife's essential oil business. I got her the grille for her birthday in November, then got it powder coated for christmas. I finally got around to installing the grille and running some LED lights behind it so you can read the words in the grille!
Powder coated

Installed

NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I've been doing lots of little pandemic projects to just escape from being at home and working all day, but last week I finally got my slider cover off (screws were pretty stuck and rounded out) because I'd planned to replace the nylon block.

While it also gave me a good opportunity to clean up the area under there, something definitely didn't look right with my roller unit.

Yeahhhhh, that really broke at some point in its past. Thankfully, a friend in Idaho has one that he's sending down for free. So I should be able to get it swapped out this weekend.

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fozzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Cleaned the (already removed) front doors, new rubber (not the best) and new door cards from TMI.. New hardware and rubber "seats" and new clips.. had to drill the holes a bit bigger but it made the job easier. I used a heavy weight shower curtain for the vapor barrier (cheap) Overall, pretty happy with the results

71 Tin Top Westy
Adopted Dec or so 2017
Charlie57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I have been working on my dash. I repaired some holes and painted it with vinyl spray paint. I think it turned out pretty good. I am far from ready to put it back in. My goal is to check all the gauges and lights before it does go back in. Someone at one point added the battery gauge which I plan to leave.
Charlie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Charlie57 wrote:
I have been working on my dash. I repaired some holes and painted it with vinyl spray paint. I think it turned out pretty good. I am far from ready to put it back in. My goal is to check all the gauges and lights before it does go back in. Someone at one point added the battery gauge which I plan to leave.
Charlie

Wow. That looks good!

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 451, 452, 453 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
Jump to:
Page 452 of 463

Jump to: