Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1990 Mexican Bay Window wiring diagram needed
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:11 pm    Post subject: 1990 Mexican Bay Window wiring diagram needed Reply with quote

We are working on a 1990 Mexican Bay window panel (factory 1.8L jetta engine)
and are looking for a wiring schematic for the van. Specifically we are adding a USA Golf / Jetta instrument cluster that is identical in mounting & appearance to give the van a tachometer & MPH speedo. All seems to be working properly except the tachometer.
Does anyone have a manual or wiring diagram for the van? I have one for the Golf but not all wire colors etc are the same. Thanks
favguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1990 Mexican Bay Window wiring diagram needed Reply with quote

DrDarby wrote:
We are working on a 1990 Mexican Bay window panel (factory 1.8L jetta engine)
and are looking for a wiring schematic for the van. Specifically we are adding a USA Golf / Jetta instrument cluster that is identical in mounting & appearance to give the van a tachometer & MPH speedo. All seems to be working properly except the tachometer.
Does anyone have a manual or wiring diagram for the van? I have one for the Golf but not all wire colors etc are the same. Thanks

I'm not sure manuals for the Mexican water cooled buses exist at all, I've searched high and low including in Spanish, but have never been able to come across one. Brazilian water cooled, yes, but they're totally different. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1990 Mexican Bay Window wiring diagram needed Reply with quote

Sounds like you need the wiring diagram for the donor car and not the donee.
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1990 Mexican Bay Window wiring diagram needed Reply with quote

As I said in the post, I have a wiring diagram for the Golf. I need one for the van as wire colors are different, terminal positions are not marked either.
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1990 Mexican Bay Window wiring diagram needed Reply with quote

Update for anyone interested. The 1990 Mexican Bay window bus accepted a 1989(ish) Jetta gas engine tachometer cluster as a direct plug in swap. The 1st cluster I tried had a bad tachometer. It has to be a cluster with two large plugs for the circuit foils at the bottom. I haven't tried to see how accurate the speedometer is but everything else works perfectly. Will sort out speedo soon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: