Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pulls to the R w/ braking
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1966poptop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Pulls to the R w/ braking Reply with quote

Im putting a 69 deluxe back on the road. I never drove it before restoring it. When I apply the brakes hard it pulls to the left. I reajusted the brakes, with no change. Steering arms seem to be tight.
Any ideas? Thanks
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Pulls to the R w/ braking Reply with quote

either the right flex line (rubber brake hose) is bad, ie. clogged/collapsed internally, or you have bad leaking wheel cylinders on the right side and the the shoes are contaminated.
I would pull the drums off and inspect and if it is ok there then change BOTH the front flex hoses, re bleed and adjust again
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Pulls to the R w/ braking Reply with quote

I get this too but actually all 4 brakes are new. I think my steering box is bad because under hard braking my Bus veers to the right and my steering wheel isn't straight unless I slam on the brakes.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Pulls to the R w/ braking Reply with quote

If it's puling hard when you are braking it's probably the brakes. If your wheel cylinders are properly adjusted and your master cylinder is good, then I would next replace the flexible lines. The flexible lines are really only good for a few years and should then be replaced. They absorb brake fluid over time and swell thereby reducing the amount of pressure that can go through them- this is a common cause of brakes dragging- the fluid goes in but has a hard time coming back so the pistons are slow to retract. Be sure to completely flush the system.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: