Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

engine rebuild
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
71SuprDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: engine rebuild Reply with quote

i might get a 69 camper bus and the guy says the engine needs a rebuild. is that hard and how long will it take?
thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71SuprDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: engine rebuild Reply with quote

the guys says it something with one of the rods. is this serious?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Juancho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: engine rebuild Reply with quote

Engine rebuilds cost money. If the engine is really in bad shape it is probably more economical to just buy a rebuild instead of trying to rebuild the engine you have. However, I would never take anyoneÆs word for it when they say an engine needs a rebuild. The previous owner of my bus said the engine needed a rebuild, but the problem was fixed with $15 in parts.
I would ask him more about this rod. Is it bent? What does it mean it is bent? How does that effect the operation of the engine? How does he know something is wrong with one of the rods? I would do a compression test on the engine, after the values have been properly adjusted. If pressure is above 100 pounds in all four cylinders, (not great, but acceptable) and there isn't much difference between the pressure for each cylinder, than the engine is probably salvageable.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: engine rebuild Reply with quote

I had talked to you about the bus and just wanted to know if you were interested in a trade
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: