Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1974 Lime green westy Confused
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Crazy Chinchilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: 1974 Lime green westy Confused Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1974 Westy. I am pretty new to the Bay Window scene. This Westy has a propane tank, pop top, Sink, stove, Fridge?, and AC unit. the AC unit is behind the Drivers seat with the sink and the Stove and fridge is behind the passenger door. the hinged top on the stove ( when you open it ) hits the inside of the door runner on the top, and doesn't open up all the way, so the lid won't stay open. What is the deal with that, it looks all original.

this is very similar to the bus I have but not as nice, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...2413142852

the range and fridge/ice box looks like what I have and it is in the same place, but I can't open the top of mine all the way.

What is this supposed to have or am I smokin crack ?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: 1974 Lime green westy Confused Reply with quote

the stove lid should slide to the left and then when you lift it up slide it to the right and tuck it behind the curtain rod and there should be a rubber stopper there, the rubber stopper keeps it from going back and the the curtain rod keepes it from going forward.

Does your ac unit look like this one?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/67062.jpg
dana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: 1974 Lime green westy Confused Reply with quote

slide the dang lid to the left man. it works alot better.
Crazy Chinchilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: 1974 Lime green westy Confused Reply with quote

DRRRR, sorry slipped out, Man let me tell you how stupid I feel now.

yes, that is the AC Unit that I have. Anybody have any experiance with those? Do they Put out....... you know.....enough cold air? is it worth having this AC? or does it put to much stain on the motor?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: 1974 Lime green westy Confused Reply with quote

The color is Bali Yellow(i think) Don't know much about that a/c setup.
NeverHadaBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: 1974 Lime green westy Confused Reply with quote

Go to the type2.com archives and type2.com tech section for info on the A/C. I've had A/C in busses with the old York compressors and it wasn't bad. However, the newer Sanden compressors rob less power and work better. If all your other components are in good working order then it would probably be worth the effort and cost to upgrade to the Sanden and get everything working again. Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: