Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

70 Louvered window knobs
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
griffwagj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: 70 Louvered window knobs Reply with quote

The knobs on my 1970 louvered windows are stripped. Does anybody have any good tricks for this problem. When I bought the van, one of the screws was broken off in the hole. I was able to extract it but the handles are still stripped. I was thinking of maybe a knob with a set screw but i don't know were to get it.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: 70 Louvered window knobs Reply with quote

I've seen small "crank" type handles put on like are used on louverd windows of beach houses or other type outer shutters.
seems like I also saw someone use outdoor or other water facuet handles too.
they actually mate with the splines on the crank stub.
Of course the OG type may be available used or at http://www.gowesty.com or http://www.busdepot.com or other suppliers.

good luck
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
griffwagj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: 70 Louvered window knobs Reply with quote

They do have the origonal knobs at go westy. I think its the crank stub thats stripped though. I got new knobs from a junk yard that worked on the window there. But when I put them on my window it just spun and spun and spun. I'll look into your other ideas though. Thanks.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: 70 Louvered window knobs Reply with quote

Ok, your first post stated that the handles were what was stripped...in that case the crank style for home type louvered windows and shutters should be available at some type of hardware store or window/building supply house. I think they use allen head or other type set screws.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
griffwagj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: 70 Louvered window knobs Reply with quote

Yeah that sounds like that might be the way to go. Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: