Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

exhaust for 2000 fi
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
canabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: exhaust for 2000 fi Reply with quote

We would like to know if any aftermarket exhaust could be put on our rebuilt 2000 motor in our 74 bus, from the block to the tip to eliminate our heater boxes.We never drive the bus in bad weather and would like to eliminate the weight and the boxes.They are in like new cond but we want a perfomance header/exhaust? any ideas.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: exhaust for 2000 fi Reply with quote

I think that would have to be pretty much custom made, there is not alot of demand for what you are asking for.

some aftermarket custom exhaust for the type 4/2 engine do exist but for buggies and off road etc.

I do not think there is a "simple bolt on" you can buy for what your asking, but I'm also not saying it is not impossible to have done/do.

good luck...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: exhaust for 2000 fi Reply with quote

These guys:

http://www.tangerineracing.com/Super_Header.htm

Although the exchange rate is getting better (wow 72 cents!) this is an expensive addition to a stock motor. I thought you'd be interested in the pictures at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
canabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: exhaust for 2000 fi Reply with quote

wow very expensive,One of my tickets is a pressure welder ,I'll try to fab something up, see what I can do.We just thought that we could buy a aftermarket exhaust that was not as expensive as our paint LOL I'll will post the exhaust I fab after we move next month thanx....
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: exhaust for 2000 fi Reply with quote

you might try gutting a pair of heat exchangers and just using the inner metal pipes for 'manifolds' and then get a bolt up header...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: exhaust for 2000 fi Reply with quote

John at aircooled.net sells a header set up which bolts to the exhaust ports allowing you to fashion a suitable exhaust.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: