Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Anyone know this one? Clearly just rolled off a flatbed transport, SE Minnesota.

EDIT: Call to the shop where it's sitting (finally answered phone) revealed that the 'guy who owns it is from Minneapolis' and that his interpretation was the the exhaust has just fallen off, along with that it won't go more than 40 MPH...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Just saw (and chatted with the owner of) a nicely kept aircooled Vanagon L Westfalia…looked and sounded great (he kept it idling as he shopped at the gas station). I never really noticed how good those integrated metal rear vents looked.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

I just ran up to Dr Injector in Tacoma to pick up a set of WBX injectors I was having serviced. Between here and there I saw not one...not two...but three fully kitted out Syncros which appeared to be independently heading towards adventures afield. I was driving the yucky EV, so they didn't even notice my friendly waves. [pouty face]

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Jamo7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

I'd like to give a shout out to the spotter who poked his head in my window as I was getting hoisted up the tow truck ramp on NE 130th St this afternoon. He asked if I had someplace to get towed to. Luckily I was just getting towed home, but as I thought about it afterward, that is the kind of kindness that helps make this hobby (whatever you want to call it) so special.
Inspired,
James
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Saw Bob Steven's beautiful Titian Red Syncro near Trolley Square this morning.
What a treat!

I did not have my camera, but this is from Syncro Solstice:

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

One silver tintop with a cool VW logo in the doors at Sail Sandpoint
A blue westy on Sand Point Way
Another tintop further along, also blue

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Saw this clean '89 parked at a nearby repair place that is generally littered with various diesel VWs. This one is sporting some wheel arch rust and kitchen seam rust, plus lots of GoWesty stickers and an interesting cabinet treatment.

calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

There a pretty rare site here on Long Island, but i saw a white camper in the Costco parking lot recently!
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Saw four yesterday at Sail Sand Point on Lake Washington — an all white Westy, a burgundy tintop with a gray beltline stripe, a silver tintop with a basket and some interesting VW graphics on the doors and hatch, and well-loved early blue tintop (lots of battle scars but still rolling).

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Caught this one back in May.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Saw a covered shape while making the rounds today and decided to investigate.

Didn't get any closer, but it looks like an Assuan Brown early Westy with Merc wheels.

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

there is one of those just a few minutes walk from me that hasn't moved in the 2.5 years I have known about it…curious to see if they might be amenable to someone taking it off their hands/getting it out of the yard. I only see the back so not sure what year. But I expect all that time sitting there hasn't improved it.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

I'll bet this one is pretty nice and taken care of. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same guy who has the maroon hardtop with Sube swap I mentioned a few pages ago.

Yep, page 121 post says this one is an '83.

Last edited by campism on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

campism wrote:
I'll bet this one is pretty nice and taken care of. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same guy who has the maroon hardtop with Sube swap I mentioned a few pages ago.

I suspect this one is…not. Servant of Elwood might have some useful tips for whoever scores it…no For Sale sign, it's just sitting.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Go knock on their door and ask. The PO of mine said she'd have sold sooner if someone had asked.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Go knock on their door and ask. The PO of mine said she'd have sold sooner if someone had asked.

I wonder if I would be the dog who finally caught the car…"now what?"

I think part of the appeal of a second (or third or…) one of these is to re-do all one's earlier projects, with the benefit of hindsight but also without tearing out existing work.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

I saw 80 various Vans and Buses at Westies on the West River this weekend.

There was no way to get a picture to show how many Westies were actually there, but there were a lot of them.
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Lol.

The one with the kids kayak a page back is the Thingamajigger.
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

WA.

And two westys were eastbound on hwy 16 near Gig Harbor a flash silver followed by another.

Yesterday a decked out white Syncro in Gig Harbor.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Awesome Syncro in UK near Bristol at the Grange
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 124 of 169

Jump to: