Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

wa
benandmj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Just passed a white tin top Syncro headed west on I 40 about 100 miles west of Oklahoma City.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

2WD SYNCNO, that is seriously funny, maybe I just missed it on other threads...
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
2WD SYNCNO, that is seriously funny, maybe I just missed it on other threads...

That is funny, I totally missed it!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

I think another funny sticker would be for the place by the door mirror: "1WD"
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

A gunmetal gray Syncro Westy in Shoreline this AM and a white tintop with an American flag motif around the beltline at my local supermercado…never seen that one before.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

i spotted this one a few months ago and in one week it will be mine.

the best part (besides the price) is that it comes with a 90 automatic passenger van.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Applause

Nice find(s).

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

This local repair place is turning out to be a gold mine for Vanagon spotting. I've seen several campers there over the years and another pair showed up this week. '89 on the left and '88 on the right. Always glad to see more vans in town.

First up is an '88 automatic with a Syncro badge on its 2WD nose and no apparent Syncro gear otherwise. No tags and it looks like it needs a bit of work.

Next is the '89 four-speed that looks like it's very nicely kept.

jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

borninabus wrote:
i spotted this one a few months ago and in one week it will be mine.

the best part (besides the price) is that it comes with a 90 automatic passenger van.

Wow! Pics and more info when possible, please.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

The very rare dual headlight/windshield option

Nice Bus....I mean, Van.
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

We've been camped at El Coyote south of Mulege, Baja Sur, Mexico. Next to us is a nice gold 2WD '86 Westy with a Bostig. It turns out to be Wes and Susan from near Makay, Idaho. After talking to them, it also turns out they bought Pam and Jeremy's van which I actually had ridden in up the Shaffer Trail at Syncro Solstice. Small world.
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

thanks for the kudos all. i do now own the syncro and the (actually) 88 7 passenger auto. i will start independent threads on both in the near future.

all i know is that i've been lusting after a syncro since before i knew what lusting after something meant Dancing

here's a pic of it as spotted just to stay on topic:

Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

That’s pretty cool. Good eyes! Someone started on it, put a hightop on. Where's your build thread?

In Germany 36 hours now (Frankfurt, Wurzburg, Stuttgart & Black Forest) and haven’t seen a single Vanagon or Doka.

Lots of T4s, T5, not a single T3 or T2.

==================

Edit 56 hours. Have seen only two T3s thus far. For comparison I've seen 3 new 4x4 Dodge pickups. Seattle has a LOT more Vanagons than Germany.

============

EDIT

Feb 2- Feb7, 2018. Germany then Zurich.
Grand total of two T3s spotted in 5 days, (one camper and one van in the distance). Germany is no Seattle/Portland.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb

Last edited by Sodo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

wa
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Picking my van up from Eion’s Automotive (Bostig 30K service, GW warranty replacement rotors, p/s system flush, new transmission mount, etc.j today where I was checking out the usual assortment of vans parked there and across the street and one stood out. Sure enough it was Nacho (Drive Nacha Drive: http://www.drivenachodrive.com/).

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
bsrad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
Picking my van up from Eion’s Automotive (Bostig 30K service, GW warranty replacement rotors, p/s system flush, new transmission mount, etc.j today where I was checking out the usual assortment of vans parked there and across the street and one stood out. Sure enough it was Nacho (Drive Nacha Drive: http://www.drivenachodrive.com/).

Anyone know what Brad & Sheena have been up to lately?

-----------

1987 Syncro Westy
1967 OG Single Cab
1976 FJ40
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

This doka belongs to Pete, a guy I met on CL. He came over to look at a vanagon I was selling. He pulls up in this doka diesel. Way cool. Newport News Virginia.

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

The repair place on Lakeside Avenue came through again with another Westy. Saw this one this morning but did not get out for a closer look. This is about the seventh Westy I've seen at this place over the years, along with one tintop and one AdventureWagen. Either they do good work, or they're the only place that does not turn Vanagons away.

Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Been on the Big Island of Hawaii for 4 days and seen 7 vans. Much thicker here than Germany but sparse compared to Seattle.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Page 119 of 170

Jump to: