Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

[/quote]
I remembered incorrectly; right side.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/quote]

I have that plug
mines a trailer harness
Rear discs
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
Shore power or a block heater maybe?

I spoke with the guy at the time. He definitely built it out for camping and verified that the plug was for shore power. Not a bad place for it. I should drive by to see if the van is still there.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

looks similar to a noco shore power plug.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Yesterday at about 5:30 PM I spotted a root beer Westy North bound on US 52 just North of Harmony MN. I was driving Mrs. Black's Malibu, so I think my wave was not noticed. I've seen that same one a few times over the years. It was loaded with a few bikes on the back. Fair haired fellow, perhaps mid 50's driving.
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

This Vanagon was spotted in Port Angles, Washington on September 15, 2022. I was on a multi-state road trip to the PNW from SE Kentucky. I was tripping in a Ford Expedition Max with five others on board. I saw several Vanagons on the 17 day road trip.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
August_West
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

That's me Very Happy

AndyBees wrote:
This Vanagon was spotted in Port Angles, Washington on September 15, 2022. I was on a multi-state road trip to the PNW from SE Kentucky. I was tripping in a Ford Expedition Max with five others on board. I saw several Vanagons on the 17 day road trip.

'78 Westy (sold)
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

August_West wrote:
That's me Very Happy

AndyBees wrote:

Wow! Well, welcome to the Samba ........... amazing what you may see out on the road. That day, we traveled up on Mt Olympus and then out to Neah Bay hiking the last half mile or so down to the Pacific Ocean.

Of course, a trip like this would have been more fun in a Vanagon. I tried to get your attention but the circumstances were not right!

We enjoyed our stay in Port Angles ......... restaurants and food were great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
August_West
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind welcome. The Olympic Peninsula is a special place. I spent over a month there this year. Cool that you went all the way out to Neah Bay. The views are worth the effort.

Wow! Well, welcome to the Samba ........... amazing what you may see out on the road. That day, we traveled up on Mt Olympus and then out to Neah Bay hiking the last half mile or so down to the Pacific Ocean.

Of course, a trip like this would have been more fun in a Vanagon. I tried to get your attention but the circumstances were not right!

We enjoyed our stay in Port Angles ......... restaurants and food were great.[/quote]

'78 Westy (sold)
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Passed a nice looking but rough sounding air cooled yellow Westy Vanagon struggling its way up Hwy 99 just North of Squamish last Sat on my way up to Whistler.

Saw another, a late 80s dark red Westy Vanagon this time on the way back down to Vancouver but no pics as I was driving. Beautiful weather to be out and about in the Bus last weekend.
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
VeeDubn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Saw this one passing through the intersection on my way to work yesterday.
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Thought I would give you van-hungry obsessives a short compiled look at the "Vanagons of Victoria (B.C.)" - the gf and I have been camera-hunting them for the last little while - no shortage of them out here whatsoever.

Aaaand...a Eurovan Doka! How often do you see those?:
chrisaj1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

leecat wrote:
Thought I would give you van-hungry obsessives a short compiled look at the "Vanagons of Victoria (B.C.)" - the gf and I have been camera-hunting them for the last little while - no shortage of them out here whatsoever.

Aaaand...a Eurovan Doka! How often do you see those?

We did a fly-and-drive Victoria trip years ago and I found about as many as you did, including a Eurovan Doka!
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

got behind this van on ca 166 on the way to san marcos pass. wasn't today though, it was tuesday.

luckily it turned off at the round about to santa ynez. with its "pass me...something-or-other" bumper sticker, it was feeding into the slow-vw van mythology by only doing about 49-50 in a 55 zone.

NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Several years ago, when taking some photographs of the garden, ornamental fishpond (with visiting Mallard ducks) at the family home on Canvey Island, Essex, England, I saw this VW Transporter T3 (i.e. Vanagon in USA parlance!) based motor-caravan, stopping briefly at the T-junction outside.

At the time, I was actually photographing the ducks! It was purely coincidence that the VW Transporter T3 was there at the same moment.

On the No. 22 & 27 omnibus route between Canvey Island and South Benfleet, there is currently a parked 1980~92 VW Transporter T3 double-cab pickup in somewhat tatty looking condition, but I haven't had the opportunity to examine it closely.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Walked by this today in Waikiki, HI.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Waikiki, HI

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Pchill2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

My wife and I spotted a beautiful white westy headed northbound on I77 near Davidson, NC on Saturday. We were headed south in ours and don't often see others in our area.
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

Spotted a few days ago in Hereford, Maryland, where I sometimes hike with my dog. (I was driving the Golf, the dog car, not Sinka.) As you can see, this beauty was decked out in all kinds of Go Westy regalia.
charleslabri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Reply with quote

I see you with that nice syncro westy in Templeton

My Build Thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=730525&highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Page 165 of 170

Jump to: