Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Monroe Air Shock Fittings
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doodlebugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you have a male fitting on your shock i have monroe for the front an rear an the hyd shop told me they were 7/16 20 also he fitings u got fit an didnt leak part number for the shock at summit is ma803 ma711
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mellemel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not as fast as I would like it to be, but it will do for now. I don't know if you could make that hole larger or not... you probably could I guess, but I'd be more concerned about getting metal shavings inside the shock and puncturing the bellow. I'm sure it can be done... I thought about doing it myself but didn't want to have to fork out another 70 bucks for another pair if I messed these up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eurobug
Sofa King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I might have to do the same thing. So you left the original thing coming out of the air shock on and then put those fittings on that? Is it even possible to make the opening in the shock larger or is the original one adaquate?
mellemel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They worked out great! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eurobug
Sofa King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did those fittings work out?
mellemel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone who is in search of fittings for the Monroe air shocks...

The thread size is 7/16-20. You can do a search for hydraulic fittings with that thread size and you'll come up with all kinds of fittings for your setup. This is the route I'm taking with mine:

http://www.hydraulicstore.com/index.php?loc=items_...e]=1215375

http://fittingsandadapters.stores.yahoo.net/femcon9.html

Hope this helps... I've had a time trying to get info on the threads and the fittings for these air shocks, and wouldn't want anyone to have to go through high water and hell like I did just for some info on a pair of $69 Monroe air shocks.

Melle Mel
mellemel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeVVenth, I'm still searching for the right size fittings for the Monroe air shocks. Upon my search, I found this 1/4" x 1/8" reducer...

http://www.ridetech.com/products/1_4_male_x_1_8_female_reducer-1020-52.html

I don't know if this would be something you might could use in your setup, but I may have to go this route myself if I can't find out the fitting size on these shocks. The auto part places around here look at the threads on the shocks as if they were from another world or something. Shocked
mellemel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air management kit I got has 1/4" air line which appears to be better than the 1/8" line that came with the shocks. Pete at Airkewld has that info on lock down! He use to sell those fittings separately(5pcs). I'd gladly pay him for them, but couldn't see forking out 150 bucks for the air shocks on his site. He's a good guy though... I give him credit for all that he's doing with the air ride kits and all.
SeVVenth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be certain, but I think that we have the same ones. Why do you want 1/4 anyways?

I got a free truck air bag pump (1/4 sized) with gauge and wanted to run that so I could adjust for fatasses in the back. As it turns out, those fittings are stamped into the shock housing.
Now my only options were getting this to that couplers or getting the below fittings from airridefittings. Then running 1/8 tubing to the T and 1/4 to my pump/gauge control box. And believe it or not, this was about the only combo I could find to do this. I COULD NOT find a simple 1/4 hose to 1/8 hose adapter.

www.AirRideFittings.com
1 x 1/4" Tube to 1/8" NPT Prestolok Female Connector (66PLP-4-2) = $3.82
1 x 1/8" Tube to 1/8" NPT Prestolok Male Branch Tee Swivel (W172PLP-2-2)=$4.24

^Just in case you're in the same situation.^
mellemel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Monroe Air Shock Fittings Reply with quote

Does anyone know the size of the fittings on the monroe air shocks? I've already got a pair and want to convert to 1/4" air line. Pete at Airkewld stopped selling the fittings seperately. Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: