Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Top Cylinder Lubricator Oiler
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniman makes a couple of valid claims that figure out some on paper but dont translate to real world use, some of the theory is correct, but some never measures up as you might think. with that said I have used MMO for ever always a little to each tank on my ACVW's, have had motors apart with 50-60k on them and there fine no issues, maybe in theory it shouldnt work, but it does, thats why its a theory. The old story of lead in fuel is somewhat of a misnomer to a point as well, I have has hundreds of older cars (pre 70's, yes hundreds, im in the classic car biz, for the last 30+yrs) with orig engines over the last 30+yrs since they went to no lead fuel in 81-82 approx with 100k miles on them running the lead free gas and no problem at all, keep in mind these are just stock mototrs, some VW's most american V8's.
The addition of MMO doesnt hurt it works, my dad ran that shit in everything back when i was a kid, boats, mowers, cars, he swore by it, and i still use it today, some just put in the tanks, a few of my VW's have an Ampco oiler, its works fine, and looks cool as well...JMHO Cool
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
philermonic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta look at it like getting my motor a bit of a buzz - 'lil puff of smoke when it starts, and then it's good for the day, every one is out right now though Laughing
lawn ninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory, theory works. In practice, it doesn't

My 64 1500 S Notchback project here
My 58 sedan project here
My 63 Ghia here
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Top Cylinder Lubricator Oiler Reply with quote

I have used a squirt or so of Marvel Mystery Oil in the full fuel tanks of many cars and bikes, and it does smooth the running of the engine. Afaic, if it feels smoother, then it is is smoother, and smoothness leads to longevity, all else being equal.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: