Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Serial number Seq. and Model Change over for the 1967 Bus ?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: more 67 info Reply with quote

carolinabusguy wrote:
soon to be mine, 67 westy has 23 aug 66
but my vin is 7015618, so 15,618 in just 23 days! that is some serious over time !

Comparing this one (7015618) built on 8/23 a Tuesday and mine (7002740) built on 8/1 a Monday roughly 3 weeks apart.

That makes 12878 trucks in 23 days or roughly 560 per day.

Did those guys sleep ?
Koni Shocks
H & R Red Springs
Addco Sway Bars Front-Rear
18 X 7.5 and 18 X 8 OEM Porsche Wheels
Recaro Power-Heated seats

Last edited by pete000 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: more 67 info Reply with quote

pete000 wrote:
carolinabusguy wrote:
soon to be mine, 67 westy has 23 aug 66
but my vin is 7015618, so 15,618 in just 23 days! that is some serious over time !

Comparing this one (7015618) built on 8/23 a Tuesday and mine (002740) built on 8/1 a Monday roughly 3 weeks apart.

That makes 12878 trucks in 23 days or roughly 560 per day.

Did those guys sleep ?

That sounds about right.
That's why I've said that my '67 has to be either 1st or 2nd day of 1967 production, wheather that is July5 like my m-plate says or August 1.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: more 67 info Reply with quote

pete000 wrote:
Did those guys sleep ?

Wouldnt it be interesting if an old factory worker joined this site and told us some stories about life in those times related to the VW factory?

I have often wondered about that and bet there are great stories out there - somewhere.

Quote:
Mr. Hido: To post your bare ass to virtually all hardened bus enthusiasts casts thick, a slag not easily ground smooth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derv wrote:
pete000 wrote:
Did those guys sleep ?

Wouldnt it be interesting if an old factory worker joined this site and told us some stories about life in those times related to the VW factory?

I have often wondered about that and bet there are great stories out there - somewhere.

pete000 wrote:
Was this bus marked 002740 built on 8/1 which was a Monday

That day was hot and sticky. He had cold schnitzel and schwarzebrot. He thought about how his wife had stayed out late the night before. The cat was in heat.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: