Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mike Fisher - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Mike Fisher
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
abgwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Mike Fisher - [email protected] Reply with quote

can't believe I'm the first to post and say that Mike Fisher (fisherfarms@gmail.com ) is a reputable seller, gives solid advice and is an all-around good guy.

he's been helping me along with my ongoing struggle to reverse the evil done to my 70 fastback by a retarded previous owner. sometimes my ignorance means I have to translate his advice, but he's always ready to help and offer a part I need.

in the slightly Bizarro world of Type 3, it doesn't get much better.

thanks, Mike!
burgandysquare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Seller, went WAYYY out of the way to get what I needed. A+
tumyeto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my filler neck from Mike. Just as advertised. Quickest I have ever received a package up here in the great white north from the US. Great seller wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or buy from him again.

Thanks Mike!
dommer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a fourth recommendation for Mike. He packed my window like a tank, shipped it promptly, and charged me a very reasonable price.

-Dom
mac_dingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Buy from Mike, you will not regret it! Reply with quote

Buy from Mike, you will not regret it!

Mike not only answered a post of mine he sent me a link to the instructions I needed (hosted elsewhere) for replacing the hinges of my rear hatch. And instructions on how to make the tool I will need.

Mike sent me the parts I needed for my 70 Square. They arrived on time packed very well and in perfect shape.

Dealing with Mike was easier and more enjoyable than shopping a local wrecking yard that has 2 Type 3's that they are parting out.
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont believe the above posts say it well enough. I dont know if even I can but here goes. Mike is an outstanding seller who went way out of his way and way out in his want to provide me the parts I needed cut off of a car he is dismantling. His constnant communication and double checking the cuts I needed where great WOW he packaged it well(I received a large box today) he was honest on the freight cost and worked with me on the parts cost. I look forward to throwing more business his way. This man could teach a few Sambanistas a thing or two.
Thanks Mike

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've left feedback on the Samba- Mike is an honest seller with great communication. He will go beyond the expected to make you feel good about your deal with him.

Definitely would recommend Exclamation

Thanks again! Smile
Pierre G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d'oh! d'oh! I can't believe I didn't do it before, but I wanted to add my feedback on dealing with Mike. Mike send me a hood from his parting out '72. He sent it to Don (Fastbackdon) who dropped it to the freight forwarder facility in L.A. Months later (the hood had to travel oceans), I received the hood, was very pleased with the part, and time, dedication that it took from Mike to have shipping quotes, pack it so it could cross the oceans safely, drop it at the greyhound station, ...with numerous e-mails to arrange all this between us 3. Mike is indeed an outsatnding seller, who really wants to help T3 fellows. A big thank you, Mike.

You too Don Wink
1976 181/Thing, 1967 fastback, 1973 squareback, 1964 microbus, 1967 Double Cab, 1969 westfalia (currently under resto), 1972 LM1C dune buggy, 1974 jean's bug, 1974 1303 (super beetle, currently under reassembly after new paint).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre G wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! I can't believe I didn't do it before, but I wanted to add my feedback on dealing with Mike. Mike send me a hood from his parting out '72. He sent it to Don (Fastbackdon) who dropped it to the freight forwarder facility in L.A. Months later (the hood had to travel oceans), I received the hood, was very pleased with the part, and time, dedication that it took from Mike to have shipping quotes, pack it so it could cross the oceans safely, drop it at the greyhound station, ...with numerous e-mails to arrange all this between us 3. Mike is indeed an outsatnding seller, who really wants to help T3 fellows. A big thank you, Mike.

You too Don Wink

Anytime and Mike is a great seller like you said and a good friend

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdurak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Mike Fisher...Thanks!!!! Reply with quote

I wanted to let all of you know how great it was to deal with Mike. I just spent about 6 hours over at his house pulling out an engine and wiring from a 71 square FI. Mike is a really great guy and is fun to work with. I really was thankful to him for being patient with me for taking my time with it.(only the second motor I've pulled, so inexperience slowed me down a bit) Thanks again Mike!! Type 3 FI's rule!'Laughing'
mygreenbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a set of windows from Mike. They arrived quickly and were as promised, great shape.
Thanks.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some parts from Mike. Great guy to deal with, and went out of his way to make sure I had everything I wanted. I'll definitely get more parts from him soon, as he's got a few more bits and pieces I need. He's even fair with his prices, which is a big plus. Definitely an A++ seller. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misrepresented an engine I bought from him. Below is some of our correspondence. No offers of any kind to make amends. I would not deal with Mike again.

Your original ad title, "TheSamba.com Ad - re-built OG 67 engine"

Your original statements to me, "$900 We drove it for a year. It runs great!"

When I tried to talk you down, "It runs great, you can't even do a good rebuild on your engine for less than $900"

When I took it apart and complained to you, you said "Just take some Emory Cloth and red rags and polish/wipe the rust you
can reach out of there. It should run fine! You don't want to
replace 1 piston/rings/cylinder and throw the average compression out
of whack for the 4 cylinders. You could do a valve job on both heads
now?

Mike"

I said, "The pitting is way too deep. I am going to have to do a top end on it."

Mike said, Why not slap it back together and try it! It will run for years like
that! In a couple years you'll want to build a 1776cc or 2007cc
stroker engine out of it.

Mike"
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You paid $800 not $900 for a 100% complete '67 dual Solex's engine that we Drove for 2 years before Jack wrecked the car. I did tell you to use emory cloth on the cylinder and drive it, but you did it Your Way!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey

Last edited by Mike Fisher on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
You paid $800 not $900! I did tell you to use emory cloth on the cylinder and drive it, but you did it your way.

Mike is clueless. I did talk him down $100 but that doesn't change the fact that I was (by Mike's own words) buying a "great running" "rebuilt" engine.
kugelporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought hard to come by type 3 floor mats from Mike for my 66 Squareback. The mats were as described (in excellent condition) and were packaged well and shipped quickly. Doing buisness with Mike was easy and communication was great. I would highly recommend him as a seller and will keep an eye out for more of his type 3 listings
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a cowl section off Mike. He cut it out a little large, giving me plenty of metal to work with. It was well packed, and suffered no damage in shipping. We comunicated back and forth until he was sure of how much I wanted, then left a little more. A great guy, easy to work with, and went out of his way to make sure I had what I needed. And once it was cut out, it shipped the next day, with Mike giving me an approximate arrival date (it came a day early). I'll buy more from him in the future.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Fabinstein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a shifter adapter plate for my squareback off of Mike Fisher and as usual he knew exactly what i were referring to and had one in his pile o parts, He packaged it up and sent it out ASAP and i had it in no time! I highley recommend Mike and will most deffinetly be buying more parts from him in the future!

Melvin.

+SLOWRIDERS+
69 sunroof square.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff could have returned the engine for a full refund, but he just wanted me to rebuild it to his specifications!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Jeff could have returned the engine for a full refund, but he just wanted me to rebuild it to his specifications! Laughing

Mike, you have outdone yourself. I had written you off as just clueless but now you have added liar to the mix.

This is an absolute, straight up lie. I was NEVER offered a refund. I met you face to face, saw your cars, and craftsmanship, and I would NEVER ask you to rebuild an engine for me!

I asked if there was anything you could do for me like give me a hundred or two back as the engine changed from a rebuilt runner to a complete core and you said NO. You said I should just emory cloth the rusted cylinder and run it.

Weak Mike...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: