Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Positive Side of Coil
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ry-dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Positive Side of Coil Reply with quote

I recently installed a Pertronix ignitor in my 70 Westy. Directions had me attach red wire to + side of coil. There are only 3 available prongs on the + side of my coil, all of which were occupied. One is for the backup light, one goes to a cylidrical thingy on the side of my carb, and the third prong actually has two wires spliced onto it already - one for the automatic choke on the carb spliced in with a wire from the voltage regulator.

Could anyone suggest the best way to get the pertronix wire onto the + side of the coil (I actually already spliced into my backup lights for now - not sure if this is a good idea or not). What if I needed to attach any more wires to the + side of the coil even after I get this one on? Any help would be great. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type34inKY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Positive Side of Coil Reply with quote

Go to radio shack, they've got push ons that convert a single tab into 2. Stack them as needed.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: