Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Bus air cleaners
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:

Not enough room for that.

How so? I'm using a 1500 air cleaner on the metal elbow. Mine is on a 1600 dual-port engine. It all fits, even though the 1600 fan shroud has the fresh air outlets.

The air cleaner touches the fresh air outlets, but it fits.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Eric&Barb wrote:

Not enough room for that.

How so? I'm using a 1500 air cleaner on the metal elbow. Mine is on a 1600 dual-port engine. It all fits, even though the 1600 fan shroud has the fresh air outlets.

Is this picture of yours an early 1500 Bus air filter on a 40 horse Bus fixed tube from the carb?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If so this looks like it may work for me. I have a beach buggy with almost no room above the top of the fan shroud, making a good air cleaner solution difficult. Since I have a 36 horse style fan shroud on the engine even that slight contact you show wouldn't happen.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:

Exactly, touching means rubbing a hole thru the air cleaner.
blacka1vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

rjelli wrote:
Just found this NOS mount - I hope it's for my dusty oil bath filter. Could not find any information based on the part number: 261 613 503. Think it's for welding in. Anyone seen this before?

Your bracket looks very similar to a bracket I got on a bay window bus that has spent much of its life in South America. It has the dusty conditions air cleaner with the part number ending in 612e 71 date stamp. My bracket is the same shape at the bottom and longer at the top with an additional angle in it. I may use this oil bath in my s/c. I could possibly make a shorter bracket like yours. I’ll take some measurements.

73 Bus
79 Bus -Tic Tak
86 Cabriolet
blacka1vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

But both of those brackets are different from the split bus one shown on page one. Maybe they are both bay window parts.
73 Bus
79 Bus -Tic Tak
86 Cabriolet
Chewie Baker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Looking to buy an original air cleaner for my ‘67 bus… can anyone out there help please?
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Chewie Baker wrote:
Looking to buy an original air cleaner for my ‘67 bus… can anyone out there help please?

Do a search in the classifieds. Putting up a WTB advert in the forums is against the rules.

If no luck in the classifieds doing a search, put up a "WTB" titled advert.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

This popped back up on my “unread” list and I see I never never provided an installed picture. I found the Bus 40 horse elbow here in theSamba classifieds. This is a good shot showing the fit.

With an aftermarket 36 horse style fan shroud I’d guess a stock oil bath would fit, and the filter I installed would clear a stock fan shroud. I used a K&N RG-1003RD-L air filter and an Outerwears 20-1570 filter cover. In this picture the homemade support bracket off the coil mount was installed backwards so the pipe is slightly angled down. The bracket is very close to, but not quite, symmetrical. I’ve since painted it black and flipped it over.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Chewie Baker wrote:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search

Or: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Chewie Baker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

thanks for replies and apologies for not knowing the forum rules
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus air cleaners Reply with quote

Chewie Baker wrote:
thanks for replies and apologies for not knowing the forum rules

No worries, we all step in dog doodoo now and then.

Go up to the top of any TS webpage and hover your mouse cursor over the "Classifieds" button there. In the pop up list that pops up left click on the "Rules" there. That will take you to the rules. Good to refresh oneself now and then.

Lots of other very cool need to know VW stuff through those buttons.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: