Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

need help using a multimeter ???
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: need help using a multimeter ??? Reply with quote

ok, heres my dilemma, i got a little confused today while "threading" in my previous post. i was checking out my air sensor box, to make sure it was within tolerences, and thats where it all went wrong. i checked everything, and it all seemed ok (excpet maybe the potentiometer test being 312 for testing 6&9 .. till i tested the AIR temp sensor and then i got lost, ... in my bentley (i have the 68-78 book, not the one that goes to 79 , so i dont know if mines different or not .. but anyways, on page 17 in section 10 it says to connect an ohmeter to 6 and 27and that it must be above 68 degrees ... so i set the ohmmeter for the 20k setting to test, b/c it says it shouldnt be more than 2500 and got 5.33 , i also got out a self ranging one to be certain i didnt do something wrong,and it too said 5.33 ...so is it in fact 5.33 or do i have to move the decimal point because its on the ten thousands setting? if so id have to move it to the right 3 spaces right? or is it just 5.33? man am i confused, i got thru the other stuff without a hitch.
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: need help using a multimeter ??? Reply with quote

i wish i could help, dude, but you are more advanced than i am (b y this point i would be reaching for either "known good" parts to swap in, or grabbing a BFH)
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: need help using a multimeter ??? Reply with quote

hahahahahhaha , nice... been there dont that with other vehicles ive owned. i wanna learn how to use the sumbiotch ..
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: need help using a multimeter ??? Reply with quote

ok, i didnt do something right , because i checked it again today with a self ranging multimeter (which is supposed to tell you what the reading is , with the decomal point in the correct spot right?) and i came up 59.0 ( actually it fluttered between 58.8 and 59.2 , does this sound correct? Ratwell ? Everitt ? someones gotta know how to use a multimeter ??
NeverHadaBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: need help using a multimeter ??? Reply with quote

If you have a digital ohmmeter similar to mine then at 20k you only need to to move the decimal one space to the right. This means the 5.33 or 53.3 is close to what you found on the other multimeter at 59. This means that at 200K you move 2 space to the right and 2000k (or 2million) you move 3 spaces to the right. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: