Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interior Color Help
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanagonforever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Interior Color Help Reply with quote

Like many I am color challenged so I'm looking for a few extra opinions on some color choices I've been trying to make for my interior project. I've got an Ivory 83.5 Westy that I just ordered some new Sew Fine seat covers for. My seats are going to be the brown vinyl with off-white deluxe inserts (so I'll have a brown slightly darker than stock with a cream stripe down the center). I also use black Go Westy mats throughout the van. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the rear bench and front area carpet.

For carpet I'm either going with the carmel or cocoa kit. Does anyone have either? And have pictures of it installed? The colors look strange in the Sew Fine catalog and it'd really help to see it installed.

Then, because I've got a 60 lbs Pointer that goes just about everywhere with me, I'm thinking I should use tweed on the rear bench to avoid his puncturing my seats. That means that I'm not going to use that same vinyl in the back and I've got to come up with something else. Currently, I'm leaning towards the Bahama blue tweed from Sew Fine to brighten things up a bit along with a brown vinyl arm rest to tie things together. I'll either do that or chicken out and get navy. If anybody has any similar pics then I'd love to see them.

Finally for down the road I'm thinking I'll do a insert panel set with brown being the dominant color and off white being the stripe. To counter the darkness of the brown I was thinking I make a new set of curtains in bahama blue and put some white insulating fabric on the outside. The headliner would eventually get done in off-white to complete the look.

Any thoughts? Any pics to help me out?

Thanks everyone! Oh and I'll certainly be posting pics of this project as things come together.
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would go vinyl in the rear. i have sewfine vinyl throughout and my two 65/75lb german shorthaired pointers have yet to puncture them. vinyl just can't be beat for cleaning. my dogs were the #1 reason i went vinyl. they trashed the fabric seats in our old subaru.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
vanagonforever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now THAT is some awesome information. When I set out to change my interior I wanted to go all vinyl for easy cleanup but the SewFine guy I talked to (who was awesome by the way) made me a little nervous about mixing dogs and vinyl. So how long has the vinyl stood up to the wrath of your GSPs? My GSP is well-behaved but he's still got a lot of energy and will jump in and out of the seats.

Oh and have you got any pictures of your install?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: