Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"What did you do with your Thing today"?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got in from a quick spin around the neighborhood. It has been a while with heat and rains and priorities. Humidity left this weekend with temps in the 80's. felt great. nice cruise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ratt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Trimmed up new pans and 3" body lift today. Tomorrow we install beam adjusters and weld the pan.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rowens54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: New plates today Reply with quote

doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: quick run Reply with quote

Fired up the Thing for the first time in months since returning from Kubeltreffen, the weather and my weekends have been jacked up since then.

I did something to my back and shoulder too so I've not felt like doing much either, but that's finally cleared up thank goodness!

To start it Took a few cranks, so it's been sitting a while, usually it starts with 1 pedal pump, not this time.

ran fine though, took er' down the road a ways and back, hope to drive it some more if the weather holds.

Didn't get to test fire the heater tho, the wife showed up with lunch and I got side tracked... Wink

T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
Ratt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the new Motor and transmission mounted to the Pan. Looks like it belongs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The route 66 museum had their 20th birthday and had a very nice show. When we drove in with both our Things the DJ came out and said he wanted them parked next to the stage and in front of the pictures on the wall of the building. So we spent the day right up front. Had a great time and met another Thing. Will help the Joesph out getting his gas heater working and turned him on to the Thing Shop for his gas smell. We live 2 blocks off of Rt 66
GB

citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last day for a cruise because it is getting cold in Louisville so I took the Thing and the scooter out for a fall drive in the park and then off to a car cruise
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldthingguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Believe it or not I picked up my original owners manual from a member here today. Very cool as it shows the vin, original owner, dealer ( matches the license plate frames ) and maintenance record too. Surprised that the car did not sell until May 1975. Heading to Cars and Coffee tomorrow in the car.
64 notch - gone
60 23 window - gone
57 oval - gone
plus a few others I should have kept
uniball
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

I successfully resolved my reverse lights issue. When I bought her last June I noticed that the reverse lights did not work. Not a big deal IMO, just one of many things to fix. My '74 Thing is the first classic car and VW so every project is a learning experience. One thing that I notice, with the help of a friend, was that the reverse wire that should connect to the coil was not connected. I was able to trace the reverse switch wire off the transmutation and found the end near the coil and connected to the positive side. With naive hope I checked if I had lights but no luck. Next step was to review the wiring diagram book and compare it to what I saw. I saw a lot of discrepancies at the two four wire connectors on each side and at the lens. The color order did not match anything that was in the wiring diagram so just pulled all the wires and started from the beginning. I wired the lenses based on the book then worked on the harness. I started with the running lights and then got the turn signals working. After thatI went to the reverse lights and found the driver's side was working but the right side lite up the brake light. Confused Went back to the right lens wires and swapped the brake wire with the reverse wire and success. I have two reverse lights and confirmed brake lights also work. Very Happy
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Took in the first show of the season with my older brother in his aviation influenced build (1970 Beetle underneath)

Blooming Good Show was held Saturday in Nacogdoches, TX (The oldest town in TX)

Beautiful sunny day. Temps started in lower 30's. 60 by noon and 70 on high. Just perfect

We took the opportunity for a photo shoot afterward.My brother lives 4 hrs away.We try to hit at least one show a year together.

We did well. I took Best Baja trophy and my brother took Special Interest Trophy.

Fun times

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

We went to the 2016 Bugorama show and drag meet and took home the "Coolest Thing" award. Fun day!

GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Congrats Shoyrtt!!

We spent our weekend at Bugapaluza 18 in Chattanooga!
Came home with 1st place "Thing Custom"!!

I took this shot of my Hot Rod girls reflection the passenger rear 1/4 panel of a bug! A club member debuted it at this show, after 4 yrs of having it built and WAY too much $ spent on it.. The paint was glass smooth!

And we always have the traditional post show, ride home nap! She's a trooper and loves the shows.. But can Never make it home without a snooze!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

GI Joe

Congrats on the award!

I bailed on our first major show of the year. It was 4.5 hrs away and rain was scheduled at 70%-100% both days. I know rain or shine but not for me and the ride would not like it.

Love the trooper crashed in the back seat. I have seen that image a few times with my youngest son.

Keep up the great work
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Drove around town for a while then headed home when the clouds started to look bad.

lostarter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

I've been working on my thing every night for a few weeks now, trying to make it to the vw show In Woodburn, or on Saturday . I got the engine out for the first time, replaced the generator, coil , v. Reg. , wires, plugs, clutch kit, drained and filled the rgb's and trans. Wire wheeled the tow hitch and adjusted the brakes. Also grinded rubber undercoating to get to the fender bolts to replace painted over fender beading.

Today I got the front wheels off and found shot tie rods too. Hopefully all the parts come tomorrow and I can make it!

lostarter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Got 2nd place in "thing" at the Northwest bug run. The one on the right took first

kenj06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Took a 50 mile round trip to save a '68 Bug that hadn't run for a few years. Had a scare when I was a few miles away from the destination and started hearing a strange noise. Thought maybe something in the engine or tranny was going south. Arrived at my destination, shut off the Thing and heard the droning of cicadas. That was the noise I heard while driving. Much relived I spent a few hours on the guys Bug and got it going good enough for a trip around the block.
vw moses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

changed the oil today

went for a ride

62 beetle-gone
57 beetle-gone
convertable-beetle-w/bugspray & screamer dist.(019) gone
"Where There's a Will There's a Way"
63 one of a kind beetle. 57 dash,double rear window--sweet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlissBignall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

Drove it to work, with the top down...just like almost every morning for the last couple weeks! Lots of folks smile and wave as I go by!
vw moses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: "What did you do with your Thing today"? Reply with quote

added a vent above shroud intake--fresh cool air! Cool
62 beetle-gone
57 beetle-gone
convertable-beetle-w/bugspray & screamer dist.(019) gone
"Where There's a Will There's a Way"
63 one of a kind beetle. 57 dash,double rear window--sweet!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Jump to:
Page 78 of 88

Jump to: