Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche B32 Vanagon
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Front brakes are very small ventilated discs, because the standard wheel on the B32 was the 14 inch pepperpot(käselochfelge) wheel.
Rear brakes are drums from the LT.

Spring coils and shocks were very firm, the result was a very harsh ride.

You need everything from a 911(carrera 3.2), including engine, gearbox, shift lever, shift linkage, speedometer etc.
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Levwi wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone happen to have more technical data on the B32 than the manual?
Size of the brakes and what is actually done with the suspension and undercarriage of the car.

Going for a rebuild like this one here in Norway, but need the data to get it approved Smile

Regards
Lasse

Send a mail to Porsche AG and you might get copies of their documentation. Front brakes are Porsche 911 ventilated discs, upright is standard pre 84 VW T3 and calipper is also standard VW T3 pre 84 twin piston calipper with ATE spacers like on some Mercedes and Opel models.

I dont think it had larger rear drums, as the syncro 16 with the LT-spec rear drums wasnt in production until a few years after these B32's were made.
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

OddN wrote:
Levwi wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone happen to have more technical data on the B32 than the manual?
Size of the brakes and what is actually done with the suspension and undercarriage of the car.

Going for a rebuild like this one here in Norway, but need the data to get it approved Smile

Regards
Lasse

Send a mail to Porsche AG and you might get copies of their documentation. Front brakes are Porsche 911 ventilated discs, upright is standard pre 84 VW T3 and calipper is also standard VW T3 pre 84 twin piston calipper with ATE spacers like on some Mercedes and Opel models.

I dont think it had larger rear drums, as the syncro 16 with the LT-spec rear drums wasnt in production until a few years after these B32's were made.

Sent email to Porsche, but everything had to go trough the Norwegian importer. So no luck.....
Any tip on contacts would be much appreciated
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Levwi wrote:
OddN wrote:
Levwi wrote:

Regards
Lasse

Sent email to Porsche, but everything had to go trough the Norwegian importer. So no luck.....

Have you tried to send a mail directly to the museum:

[email protected]

They have all the archives with technical information on previous models.
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Ok, pulling this up again.

Porsche Museum could not help me.
But...I have a dialogue with some guys in TUV, and they can approve a build, if I can find a ADE-certification or National Type Approval or....a chassis number from one of the cars.
I have talked to some classic Porsche sales departments in Germany, but they go"Porsche what??" when I mention B32.
I have sent a question to VW as well, as I read some mentioned they got one in their hands in 2011.

Not giving up yet!!

OddN wrote:
Levwi wrote:
OddN wrote:
Levwi wrote:

Regards
Lasse

Have you tried to send a mail directly to the museum:

[email protected]

They have all the archives with technical information on previous models.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Or try contacting the PCA, Porsche Club of America. Someone might know of one, like this thing posted on another site about a gathering at Newcomb's on the Angeles Crest Highway. Somebody's bound to know about it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Or try contacting the PCA, Porsche Club of America. Someone might know of one, like this thing posted on another site about a gathering at Newcomb's on the Angeles Crest Highway. Somebody's bound to know about it.

Thanks! Sent them an email
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

I'd love to find out the offset of those front rims

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Is the "TÜV" in Norway really more difficult to handle than in Germany?

I know 3 former B32 owners, they all told me that the conversion from T3 to B32 clone is not that difficult. The first 2 B32 have even a Volkswagen VIN.
So put just the engine, gearbox and brake system like we told you in your T3.
It's no rocket science Wink
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

caravelle c wrote:
Is the "TÜV" in Norway really more difficult to handle than in Germany?

I know 3 former B32 owners, they all told me that the conversion from T3 to B32 clone is not that difficult. The first 2 B32 have even a Volkswagen VIN.
So put just the engine, gearbox and brake system like we told you in your T3.
It's no rocket science Wink

Short answer: Yes. They won't approve anything that isn't documented by either the car manufacturer or an independent party like the German TÜV. Some enthusiasts take the trip to Germany to have TÜV go through their car, and write out the neccesary documentation. Expensive but some times the only way.

This T3 is an example of such a project that got TÜV approval and thereafter approved in Norway:

http://www.vw-mag.de/vw-t3-v8-twin-turbo-extrem-umbau-mit-1-200-ps-und-1-500-nm-drehmoment-5415
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

So he need to find a German TÜV approved T3 with Porsche flat six. There are hundreds in Germany. Cool
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

It`s as OddN says, we documentation on everything we change on the car. If we want it approved.
Even the adapter kits from Epytec, brakes and hubs
I am in dialogue with TUV now, through a guy here in Norway. Found a 300BHP car on the net, which was approved of one of these guys in TUV, so hopefully soon...and it says stock chassis with stabilizers front and back

I have contacted so many, but most won`t reply or can`t help.
The only thing needed is that VIN nr, and I am good to go.
Asked many if the B32 chassis were reinforced some way, but no one can answer me.
The people who have their flat-six vanagon TUV approved, probably have spent a good amount of bucks to get them approved. So that`s why so many won`t give you that VIN nr.
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

caravelle c wrote:
So he need to find a German TÜV approved T3 with Porsche flat six. There are hundreds in Germany. Cool

If you know someone who will share a vin..please Smile
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I'd love to find out the offset of those front rims

Usually Fuchs are ET45
May be spacers on this car
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

You probably have these pictures as they are collected on the web, and I'm not sure how to find the vin number from the licence plate (its easy in Norway, but I think the germans are a little more protectiv with their vin numbers), but I'll post them anyways.

These are suppose to be genuine B32's:

[/img]
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

I can answer, because i know the former owner of the third B32 on these pics of Oddn. The T3 was already designed for a flat six with much more power than 70hp. So you need no reinforcement of any body structure!
Stabilizers on the rear axle are not required.

Please send me your email address via pm.

I can send you some paperwork of a powerful flat six T3 Cool
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

caravelle c wrote:
I can answer, because i know the former owner of the third B32 on these pics of Oddn. The T3 was already designed for a flat six with much more power than 70hp. So you need no reinforcement of any body structure!
Stabilizers on the rear axle are not required.

Please send me your email address via pm.

I can send you some paperwork of a powerful flat six T3 Cool

Does the former owner of that B32 know of the documents on the B32?
Or where to get them? The annoying thing are these 2 people here in Norway, having these documents, but will not share :/
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

No, when he sold his B32 to Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeug Museum, he gave them all his documents.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

Found this old post on Rennlist:

Old 01-01-2002, 05:50 AM #8
Porsche_B32
New User

Smile
Hello to all, I like this self-mad buses relly!!
But my original Porsche B32 much more!!!
No Joke!!!
It was build in 19984,
and the Chassis Number is
WPOZZZB32ZES200001
Iam interested in saling this bus,
for ca. 18.000 Euro
I will send more informations only to really interested people!!!!!
And will answer questions if it is possible for me.

ralf

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/6555-porsche-bus-the-b-32-ever-seen-one.html

EDIT: I just saw your post right below it, Levwi. My apologies.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Levwi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche B32 Vanagon Reply with quote

I have checked this VIN with the Porsche Museum, and it is not right.
After `81 there is supposed to be 17 digits in the VIN, this has 18

Did a search and tried to eliminate a letter or number. Came up with something, but only said build year 1984, and that it was a Porsche.
Nothing else

joetiger wrote:
Found this old post on Rennlist:

Old 01-01-2002, 05:50 AM #8
Porsche_B32
New User

Smile
Hello to all, I like this self-mad buses relly!!
But my original Porsche B32 much more!!!
No Joke!!!
It was build in 19984,
and the Chassis Number is
WPOZZZB32ZES200001
Iam interested in saling this bus,
for ca. 18.000 Euro
I will send more informations only to really interested people!!!!!
And will answer questions if it is possible for me.

ralf

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/6555-porsche-bus-the-b-32-ever-seen-one.html

EDIT: I just saw your post right below it, Levwi. My apologies.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: