Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How To Remove Your Late Westy Interior (Pics) FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
55veedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the early 68-71 interoirs mounted in the same way? Are they interchangable? ie. could you put a late interior into an early bay?

just wondering as i am looking at an early bay without an interior but they guy has a few later westys with good interiors. Just wondering if they would fit the early bay.

thanks
mike
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
subwayaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much Eric for the excellent tutorial. You answered every question I could have come up with; so I now know how to do my interior.
Two thumbs up
highlandmurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: RE: Ice box cooler drain pipe Reply with quote

Awesome photo tutorial. It will be a huge help when I pull mine.
Of course one view that I need to see is missing.

Anyone got a photo of how the icebox drain comes out of the cooler cabinet and goes through the floor.

Or, can anyone describe this area in detail?
I was under my bus last month and noticed that my Icebox drain pipe is missing. Glad I saw it before I filled it up with ice.

Are there fittings or gaskets below the icebox or does it just hang down and go through the floor?

Also, any ideas on what type of hose is good to replace it with?

Thanks
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's seriously just a straight pipe that goes from the ice box to outside the bus. That's it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kruton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooo much EZ Gruv!! I got my first bus and the interior was totally stripped out. Thanks to your thread I was able install the cabinets with the correct hardware! Ohh and btw your interior looks awesome!

Florida Licensed Solar Contractor
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Glad to see I can occasionally come up with something helpful. Cool
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dopiotogo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: removing westy interior Reply with quote

thanks EZ Gruv! just finished sound deadening and insulating all the doors/hatch and now need to re-lamintae the cabinets....this helps alot with some other tips on removing/replacing laminate...

but I do like all that space...
Tvättbjörn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did remove all my interior and noticed that the upper closet was bolted onto to fridge / cooler unit .

Is that factory?
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tvättbjörn wrote:
I did remove all my interior and noticed that the upper closet was bolted onto to fridge / cooler unit .

Is that factory?

Yes, that was factory. I missed it in the original post because I removed those bolts previously., but it was covered later in the thread.
My Photography Page.
Phat Pat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Need help with propane connection Reply with quote

Just got a '78 Champagne Edition camper, cannot figure out the right way to undo the propane connection at the floor. I was able to unscrew it from the stove end using two wrenches in opposite directions. The connection at the floor is so difficult to get a good angle on. I've even had my wife holding the bottom bolt under the bus while I attempted to crank it from the top with an open ended wrench, and it won't move.

I'd appreciate any help or insight. At this point I'd also need to know where to get a replacement propane line from the floor to the stove, because it got twisted up in the process.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with propane connection Reply with quote

Phat Pat wrote:
Just got a '78 Champagne Edition camper, cannot figure out the right way to undo the propane connection at the floor. I was able to unscrew it from the stove end using two wrenches in opposite directions. The connection at the floor is so difficult to get a good angle on. I've even had my wife holding the bottom bolt under the bus while I attempted to crank it from the top with an open ended wrench, and it won't move.

I'd appreciate any help or insight. At this point I'd also need to know where to get a replacement propane line from the floor to the stove, because it got twisted up in the process.

That one is a bugger. I recall using two wrenches on the inside of the bus, or you could use a wrench and maybe some thin pliers.

For a replacement, I went to my local trailer supply store. They had many to choose from on the rack. It was less than $5.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Photography Page.
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread!

I really need to replace my laminate but was dreading taking everything out but this thread helps tremendously!!
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool stuff, gonna use this thread post haste. Surprised
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should maybe go in the stupid question thread, but I'm hoping to get a quick answer.

Can you remove/install the rear side cabinet without removing the sink and icebox/storage units?

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bala wrote:
This should maybe go in the stupid question thread, but I'm hoping to get a quick answer.

Can you remove/install the rear side cabinet without removing the sink and icebox/storage units?

Yes, but you still have to remove the upper (head-banger) cabinet.
My Photography Page.
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:
Bala wrote:

Yes, but you still have to remove the upper (head-banger) cabinet.

Sweet, that's probably a bit easier.

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FNGRUVN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this thread when I did a search on how to remove the sink cabinet. I couldn't figure out what was hanging up. Your tutorial saved me a bunch of time and aggravation. Thanks EZ Gruv. I just wish I would have known about it before I started removing any of the cabinets. I started with the head banger and worked my way to sink cabinet. I could have shaved another half hour off this project. You gotta love the Samba.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad this thread is still helpful!
My Photography Page.
driverinmyhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this!!!!

It'll be a while, but I plan to remove my Westy interior to clean, replace hoses and inspect everything as well as do some light restoration. (someone added a fluorescent light when the old one quit working).

Awesome write up! You make it look so easy!
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driverinmyhead wrote:
You make it look so easy!

It is!
My Photography Page.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: