Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

In the detailed photos what is underneath between the rails?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
In the detailed photos what is underneath between the rails?

Since it's Canada:
I wonder if they boxed off the heater tube so the Bus would get warmer?
I'm wondering if they added extra insulation in there too... which may have caused extra rust over time
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

Keep the seats, junk the buses.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Evil Clown wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2399082
It may buff out Wink

Swivel Seat? I think so.

reeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

It would be worth triple with the seat. Cut out the seatbacks and some other key pieces and call the scrap yard on that one. Sorry to say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

My 60 DD SS I've had for 30+ yrs. I have the fixed back SS but am running a westy flip seat
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

a smith wrote:
My 60 DD SS I've had for 30+ yrs. I have the fixed back SS but am running a westy flip seat

Bus looks rad!!
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this pic posted on FB today. It is another bus with a SS and a regular walk through type bulkhead on the passenger side. It is also a slider and the roof is a mid-rise? What are your thoughts? It is similar to this one that was posted years ago.

Aaron wrote:
Here's a picture of the second style seat. Not to mention the skinny profile bulkhead and the asymmetrical bulkhead (and a slider but that's for a different thread). If anyone has one of these seats will you please post some pics. The bus in this pic is such a curiosity that it's kind of hard to use it as much of a reference point.

Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:

I saw this pic posted on FB today. It is another bus with a SS and a regular walk through type bulkhead on the passenger side. It is also a slider and the roof is a mid-rise? What are your thoughts? It is similar to this one that was posted years ago.

Aaron wrote:
Here's a picture of the second style seat. Not to mention the skinny profile bulkhead and the asymmetrical bulkhead (and a slider but that's for a different thread). If anyone has one of these seats will you please post some pics. The bus in this pic is such a curiosity that it's kind of hard to use it as much of a reference point.

German postal buses.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

With the Uber interior panels, I'll be in my bunk...

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
the bus driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Same bus as the one in the below photo ..

I wonder if the highroof slider is a SS too.. Interestingly is that it is a full sliding door as opposite to the Swiss postal buses.. It does have the upper vent delete so it's at least WT but I'm betting it's a SS too..

65 Highroof (13w-wt-westy)
64 Highroof (13w)
Midwestwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

Hello All, I thought I would resurrect this thread and post that I have a Swivel Seat Kombi. I've owned the bus since about 1995 and have used it for storage. I always knew what it was, but figured since I didn't have the original seat it wasn't that special. I was able to acquire an original seat last weekend, so now I'm starting to get it cleaned up and plan to make it road worthy again. So my question is. Is this officially Swivel Seat Kombi Number 12? I will post more pictures including the m-code plate in the coming days. Will enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts.

Steve
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

More pics of the SS Kombi!
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

more please!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

Midwestwagens wrote:
Hello All, I thought I would resurrect this thread and post that I have a Swivel Seat Kombi. I've owned the bus since about 1995 and have used it for storage. I always knew what it was, but figured since I didn't have the original seat it wasn't that special. I was able to acquire an original seat last weekend, so now I'm starting to get it cleaned up and plan to make it road worthy again. So my question is. Is this officially Swivel Seat Kombi Number 12? I will post more pictures including the m-code plate in the coming days. Will enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts.

Steve

Very cool. Has it ever had a passenger seat installed? Most swivelseats have had different seats hacked in at some point in their lives.

Any logos?
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Midwestwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

So all these years it's had a full width bench seat from an American car. I just removed it. It only had 4 very nicely drilled holes and wasn't hacked up in any way. It does have painted over logos. It appears to say CONSOLIDATED. I would like to try and lightly sand it down and see what the whole logo says. The mess on the floor in the picture is the remnants of a wooden and tiled floor that was put in. I always just assumed since it was particle board that the entire floor was rotten. It turns out they put in tar paper and it's not near as rusty as I assumed. I'm kind of ashamed I never really paid attention to this bus all these years, because I had other interests. Now that I have the seat I'm getting really excited about saving it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

Midwestwagens wrote:
So all these years it's had a full width bench seat from an American car. I just removed it. It only had 4 very nicely drilled holes and wasn't hacked up in any way. It does have painted over logos. It appears to say CONSOLIDATED. I would like to try and lightly sand it down and see what the whole logo says. The mess on the floor in the picture is the remnants of a wooden and tiled floor that was put in. I always just assumed since it was particle board that the entire floor was rotten. It turns out they put in tar paper and it's not near as rusty as I assumed. I'm kind of ashamed I never really paid attention to this bus all these years, because I had other interests. Now that I have the seat I'm getting really excited about saving it.

Where did you find the swivel seat? Any more pictures of it?
Midwestwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

The seat was in a panel that belonged to a friend of mine. He sold the bus two years ago. I happened to see the bus at a show and noticed the seat had been replaced, so I asked the guy if he still had it and if he wanted it. He said he didn't need it and sold it to me for a fair price. I felt very lucky. I'm working on getting it cleaned up and I'll post more pictures when I'm done.
Desert-ed Cab Cab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

@Midwestwagons I am extremely envious that you've been able to locate a seat! I have a 60 SS Panel that was a Jewel Tea Delivery Bus. The back window is the coolest thing on my bus! If only I had the seat too!

Looking high and with no luck. Its going to be almost impossible and am now considering having one fabricated. I will be following closely! More pics would be extremely helpful!

Awesome bus and congrats on the find you lucky son of a gun Cool lol
[] []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desert-ed Cab Cab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Swivel Seat Bus Thread Reply with quote

holding onto hope to find the right seat one day!
[] []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: