Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troytempest69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

Parts book has a seal for LHD split vans. Can’t find any pics, references, or for sale in any supplier. There is some information for an ’A’ variant but this is for a bay window.

It looks like a rubber o ring type seal but would be good to know if people are using it, and where from?
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

Appears to be Bay only

http://oacdp.com/pdfs/5867s7.pdf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Troytempest69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

Yeah, it’s strange. It’s in the splittie part book but other than that it’s like this part never existed. I’ve dug out my Bentley and there’s no sign of the seal in the pictures on in the section that discusses removing or installing the clutch pedal linkage.

On the bright side…it’s a part I don’t now need to find Very Happy
mdege
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

The seal is basically a short (10mm) piece of rubber hose. But that didn't work too good.

I made my own seal with a plastic donut shaped adapter which I made on my lathe and a rubber o-ring.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1965 21F: Restoration of a former '65 firetruck
1963 Typ3 Notchback project
1988 Multivan Magnum 112i
1984 Standard: My son wanted a bug for his first car
Troytempest69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

Thanks Michael….nice to know I wasn’t going crazy. If I’ve understood your solution the plastic spacer has an inset that the rubber o ring sits into?
mdege
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

Yes, correct.

1965 21F: Restoration of a former '65 firetruck
1963 Typ3 Notchback project
1988 Multivan Magnum 112i
1984 Standard: My son wanted a bug for his first car
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

I've found these on a couple buses, mostly badly deteriorated.

I substituted a piece of rubber radiator hose and it does seem to seal things up some.
Very neat solution with the home made plastic spacer/o-ring.
You could probably sell a few of those if you were so inclined.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Any information on this clutch pedal bearing seal 211721395 Reply with quote

My 65 had one when I took off pedals, it was cup shaped IIRC; Pedalwerks supplied a length of hose sized properly to replace, I had a bay seal in my parts bin but it was too big.

With Pedalwerks seal:

"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: