Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fusername - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: fusername
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 21, 2024
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Fusername - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was contacted on Wednesday, March 26 by forum member fusername about a Bus I was parting out. He needed the plastic line that runs from the upper reservoir to the lower on a late Bay Window. I told him I had the part, we agreed on a price, and he seemed really desperate to get it quickly to get his Bus back on the road. I made a deal with him where I would send the line out to him at my own cost in anticipation of him sending me the required payment. It isn't a huge transaction, it's $15 he owes me. It isn't even the money at this point, it's this lying, cheating, stealing scumbag who won't answer a PM now that he got his parts. He had last logged in on April 10, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he just didn't get the PM. He was online yesterday and still no response. He told me he would be sending the payment out on March 31 or April 1, and as of yet, he has done no such thing. I have contacted him via pm and email and gotten no response. DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON!! His integrity and good name can be bought for the low, low price of $15. Here are our PM exchanges, in chronological order--another genius that can't spell reservoir correctly:

To: VDubTech (Online)
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:01 pm
Subject: brake line?
hey, did you ever get that resiviour to resivoir line you were talking about? If not, do you know if anyone sells them?

To: fusername (Offline)
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm
Subject: Re: brake line?
Sorry, you'll have to remind me...what year Bus?

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:31 pm
its a 77

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 pm
Oh hell yeah...sorry man, I've been crazy busy lately stripping out that Bus and people emailing for parts. Is this what you need?

(Pic of part enclosed)

Did we work out a price or anything? Sorry to be so forgetful, I've gotten a ton of emails lately.

Brian

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:46 am
yeap, all I need is that plastic line. You didn't say how much, you just mentioned you might strip one out of a bus soon. Let me know how much to the east coast, I'm excited to get my bus back on the road.

Sent :: Message
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 am
No problem at all, sorry I forgot about it. Does $15 shipped sound fair? You can send me a check or money order and I will get it shipped out to you. If you need it quickly I could send it out this weekend and get it coming to you....it's only coming from Syracuse, so it should only take a day or two to get to you. Here's my address:

Brian Powers
Address enclosed

Send me your full address and I'll get it coming!

Brian

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:24 pm
Cyrus Vatan
Address Removed

no rush, 15 sounds fair enough if the piece is in decent shape. I take it paypal is no good for you?

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:00 pm
No, I don't do paypal.

Brian

Inbox :: Message
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:26 pm
cool, money will be in the mail monday or tuesday.

thanks a lot

This is the last communication I recieved from Fusername...the following are my PM's trying to get him to answer me

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:41 pm
I haven't gotten the payment for the line I sent out last week, wondering what's goin on? Did you get the line ok?

Brian

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:59 am
Subject: Re: brake line? ANSWER ME
This has gone on long enough and now I'm starting to get pissed. I sent you parts that you needed trusting that you would do your part and send me the payment so that you could get your Bus up and going again. I sent the part out a long time ago and I have yet to receive payment. WHERE IS IT?? I sent you a PM on the 8th and even that has gone unanswered. I'm about two seconds from starting a thread about this situation telling people not to deal with you because you can't be trusted. I certainly hope that isn't the case. Get back to me quickly please and let me know where my payment is for the part I sent to you.

Brian

He signed on to the site yesterday and can't even be bothered to answer me back. I gave him plenty of time to rectify the situation. It isn't the $15 at this point, it's the principle of it. I will forward a link to this thread to Fusername and see if maybe he'll bother to answer me now.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad situation, now you will think twice before sending out a rush part. Not good for us all...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that sucks but... as you say, it is only $15. I know I have had some poor times in my life where $15 would be my food money for the week. So maybe, just maybe it's a bad time for fusername. A little pity might be merited. MIGHT.

I will say this - the fact that you do not take Paypal is kind of a pain. Whenever people selling stuff don't take Paypal I think it's kind of B.S. in today's day and age. Something to think about.

And - Once I did have to PM you for a week or two to get a response about some parts I was interested in. We all get busy at times, and heaven forbid have medical, legal and personal problems that are far more important than $15.

All in all I'm not trying to get down on you, just trying to be optimistic about a fellow Bay driver. I'm happy with the transactions I've done with you.

Good luck with the $15 and either way hope that karma catches up.
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
Yea that sucks but... as you say, it is only $15. I know I have had some poor times in my life where $15 would be my food money for the week. So maybe, just maybe it's a bad time for fusername. A little pity might be merited. MIGHT.

That very well may be. Maybe he fell on hard times, anything could have happened, which is why I gave him multiple oppurtunities to at least respond to my pm's and tell me what's going on. He chose to do nothing, which in my mind makes him a scumbag who's just stolen parts from me.

ccpalmer wrote:
I will say this - the fact that you do not take Paypal is kind of a pain. Whenever people selling stuff don't take Paypal I think it's kind of B.S. in today's day and age. Something to think about.

There are too many horror stories out there of people and their dealings with paypal. I'm not willing to compromise my financial situation for someone else's convenience. I realize some people won't deal at all with someone who doesn't take paypal. I can't help that. I take just about anything else, including personal checks. What's it take? 1 minute to write out a check and throw it in an envelope? There are plenty of stories out there of people using paypal and getting screwed over. I'm not going to be one of them.

www.paypalsucks.com

ccpalmer wrote:
And - Once I did have to PM you for a week or two to get a response about some parts I was interested in. We all get busy at times, and heaven forbid have medical, legal and personal problems that are far more important than $15.

True, and I never claimed to be a perfect seller either. I have a life too, a house, a wife, a family. Just like anyone else I get busy too and it occasionally takes me a little longer to get back to someone than it should. I do always get back to people though.

ccpalmer wrote:
All in all I'm not trying to get down on you, just trying to be optimistic about a fellow Bay driver. I'm happy with the transactions I've done with you.

Good luck with the $15 and either way hope that karma catches up.

I've tried being optimistic and he's been signed into the forums on several occasions with my pm's sitting there and no response whatsoever. I sent him a link to this thread yesterday. Still nothing. Just wanted to warn the rest of you out there before you do business with this person.
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm; never heard of problems with PayPal. I have to suspect that the same people that don't like PayPal also believe the CIA killed Kennedy and Bush attacked the World Trade Centers...

My worst experience with PayPal is sending a seller money for a part, then later being told that the part has allready sold. THAT is BS in my book, even if he did refund my money. See http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105882&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

But that's cool. That you take personal checks is a bonus.

And Fusername not writing back is pretty bad. I mean, come on. $15? Can he really be that lame? That's what I wonder...
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
Hmm; never heard of problems with PayPal. I have to suspect that the same people that don't like PayPal also believe the CIA killed Kennedy and Bush attacked the World Trade Centers...

I don't take paypal, and I don't beleive either of those things. Read this forum on a regular basis, usually at least once a month someone starts a post with a problem with paypal, their account(s) get locked, money frozen, etc. etc. All a buyer has to do is start a paypal dispute and the account is locked, funds frozen, and it is assumed the seller is in the wrong, even if they can prove otherwise. I used to take paypal a long time ago. As I started reading more and more of these stories (from this very website no less) I decided it wasn't worth the risk to me and I don't accept it. I know quite a few people who feel the same way. Check out that site I posted, lots of horror stories there. Here's a couple just from a quick search:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281800&highlight=paypal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79004&highlight=paypal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100429&highlight=paypal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105501&highlight=paypal

ccpalmer wrote:
And Fusername not writing back is pretty bad. I mean, come on. $15? Can he really be that lame? That's what I wonder...

Exactly!! Shit happens, I totally understand, but communicate!! If he just emailed me and told me he forgot, had a personal issue, whatever it was, fine!! It's the no response that really pisses me off. If I was a less mentally stable person, I could be standing on his doorstep in less than 4 hours and personally extract $15 from him. That's not my style though, he'll get his, sooner or later.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paypal is more dangerous to use with ebay transactions, since they own ebay & have a higher stake in it. much safer with non ebay transactions:

if you check my feedback you will read a story of a NJ prick who blamed me that the USPS lost his package. then when he got his part a month late, he complained that the head had a dropped valve. i still have pictures of those heads. i also took a week to send it out, which he complained about. point is- paypal didnt giva shit about any of it as long as i sent it to a confirmed address. as long as you do that, and send out within 10 days, you will not have a problem with them

recently i dealt with a buyer who paid with paypal, but this guy had a PO box as a confirmed address and i had to send a large item by fedex to make shipping cost reasonable enough to seal the deal. but fedex wont deliver to a PO Box. now, i understand that PO boxes are a real secure way to get bills without risking ID theft, but paypal has an alternate confirmed street address process which he could have used- but no... i returned his money, which takes balls, but think of it this way- if a scammer wants your part without paying, all he has to do is claim he never got the part after you sent to an unconfirmed address, and he gets his money back!

paypal shouldnt allow unconfirmed addresses IMO. they also shouldnt allow confirmed PO Box addresses without an additional confirmed street address, but they dont mind you taking chances if it makes them some money! Rolling Eyes

anyway- just trying to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fusername
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the 15 ended out in my gas tank. I had a rough time, both financially and otherwise. I would like to apologize for any problems I may have caused. The 15 dollars was sent out and I do hope arrived, along with a letter explaining what happened. Again, I am sorry and had no intention of taking this long to pay.
I appreciate the speed at which the part was sent out, I honestly did not expect that, but the bus and everything related to it ended out on the backburner when my current transportation decided it did not want to keep the coolant inside the lines. I regret harming my own reputation infront of the very peopele I am sure I will be

FORSALE: Thrust cut T4 and 1.9 main bearings
obnoxiousblue wrote:
Maybe Ben Pon's ghost comes and vomits NOS stampings for your bus, but not mine!
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fusername wrote:
Honestly, the 15 ended out in my gas tank. I had a rough time, both financially and otherwise. I would like to apologize for any problems I may have caused. The 15 dollars was sent out and I do hope arrived, along with a letter explaining what happened. Again, I am sorry and had no intention of taking this long to pay.
I appreciate the speed at which the part was sent out, I honestly did not expect that, but the bus and everything related to it ended out on the backburner when my current transportation decided it did not want to keep the coolant inside the lines. I regret harming my own reputation infront of the very peopele I am sure I will be

Great job taking responsibility, I think most would understand falling on hard times. I think that communication is what was needed in this situation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fusername wrote:

Dude, that's all I wanted was some communication. Had you answered either of my first two pm's about it and just told me what was up, none of this would have been necessary. It wasn't even the point of the money, it was your refusal to answer me. I'll post when the payment arrives and this will be all cleared up. No hard feelings.
fusername
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, sorry for the mess, but I do want to say it would be good to email me directly as that is something I check regularly, my pms not as much, and for some reason I am not getting any notifications from thesamba. I accept the blame for this situation, but had you emailed me directly I could have been spared this thread. I rely on this website for most of my vw parts, and even more so i rely on the good faith of buyers and sellers here. I hope I can prove myself a reliable buyer in the future. I would like to mention that I did recieve a couple PMs from third parties calling me a deadbeat, among other things, and it is that kind of community that keeps me coming back here to do business. I am glad there are people who take this seriously. Had it been a larger part I would have emailed Dan to let him know payment was heldup, but I didn't think 15 would be too big a deal, and not recieving an emails asking about it, I assumed I was right. However he did PM me in a timely fashion, and is in no way responsible, however in the future it would be good to exhaust any other means of communication (personal email) before dragging this ugly mess out into a public forum. Hopefully the next and last post here will be Dan saying he got my money and thats that.

-Fusername

obnoxiousblue wrote:
Maybe Ben Pon's ghost comes and vomits NOS stampings for your bus, but not mine!
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell is Dan???? Someone else you owe money to?

If you look at my first post, there are all of our communications regarding this transaction. Show me the one that contains your direct email address. We did this entire transaction via pm. You would have to give me your email address in order for me to use it. Even if you aren't getting notification from the samba that you have a new pm, you certainly signed onto the forums at least twice without responding to me, and you read the pm's. When you have a new pm and you enter the forums, a popup appears to tell you you have a new message. Don't start making excuses and trying to turn this around on me. I did my part and sent you the part right away as I said I would. You assumed that I was ok with sending you parts and not getting paid for them. You were wrong. Your lack of communication is what caused this chain of events to begin and nothing else. Like I said, had you taken 3 seconds to let me know what was going on, we wouldn't be here right now.

I did receive the money in the mail when I got home last night. This transaction has been completed and Fusername did what he said he was going to do, though a few weeks late.
fusername
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, I did mean Vdubtech, not dan, aka dansvans. I dont know how that happened. I only mention my direct email as it is in the topic of this thread, so I assume you have it, else how did it get there? I do not believe I ever signed onto the samba in almost 2 weeks until recently, however its not worth starting a debate over. sorry for the delay, good luck and best wishes

obnoxiousblue wrote:
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted from other thread:

I paid Cyrus $487 for a roo bar and now he does not answer my requests for shipping information. I'd like to resolve this amicably.

Also:
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email to both of his email accounts.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus has contacted me with an apology and a ship date, he was away on vacation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fusername
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, the second check hadn't cleared by the time I left, sent it out when I got back, just checked all my emails now. Bar should arrive friday.

obnoxiousblue wrote:
bigbore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a 091 locker diff to fusername. The payment was sent promptly and good communication no problems at all. Good luck on you project fitting a vanagon 4x4 locker in a bus trany if it works it will be a wall climber!
socalfighter909
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fusername hook it up with some axles during those crazy blizzards thank you sir for the parts hopefully i'll have them on the car soon Very Happy Very Happy not to mention he got the parts out to me just in time for my birthday
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus ("Fusername") agreed custom make me a footrest for our early Bay. He sent me pictures of the bar installed in his later bay and I paid him in full including shipping. The bar took 26 days to get from Massachusettes to San Diego. Turns out he could not get me a tracking number because he sent it parcel post. (Why? "Well you wanted the cost as low as possible.") The bar looked good when it did arrive but would not fit on my early bay due a differences in the heater tube designs. I had to make a number of tweaks and modifications to get it to fit. He also used Rivinuts to install the bar which are a PITA.
Overall, am I happy with the bar? Yes, my 5' tall wife loves it.

Now...Cyrus tells me he ships only by priority so with luck that issue is settled for future customers. He has some good metal working skills. Like any number of craftsmen he needs to stay on top of the business side. He is young and hopefully will continue to learn. His communication with me lately has been timely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: