Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

this is a message of warning to all who consider buying a mofoco engine... they sold us a bad engine and will not take responsibility. i have made a
complaint with the better business bureau. i am trying to get others with bad mofoco stories to also file a complaint, it's easy and free to do on-line. your complaint will then become accessible to the public - helping to warn others not to buy from this company. it will also help spark an investigation of mofoco. i want mofoco under investigation. this still doesn't get my bus back on the road, so if anyone has some good advise on where to get a GOOD engine in the midwest please e-mail me. also e-mail me with your bad mofoco story and i'll post it on a web site soon. thanks for your help!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

Hi, I am one of the managers/parts sales/engine builders/service technitions at Mofoco. I would really like to know what is wrong with this motor. I'll give the short version. We sold a longblock, which I personally saw run with no leaks, good oil pressure and it idled quiet. It was installed by another shop that admitted to us that he timed the motor by ear. When we recieved the motor back(as a complete), the timing was off by about 20 degrees. We tested the compression on all four cylinders and got 150. We readjusted the valves. We then ran the motor again and it ran perfect. The gentleman who brought the motor back was also witness to this. (He also saw the motor run perfect the first time he picked it up) So my question to everyone who reads this is, what did I do wrong? They brought the motor back and we dropped everything we had planned and promised to do that day, to put this motor on an engine stand and check everything out. I understand we are not a perfect company, but who is? We deal with problems on an individual basis and 95% of the time we get a happy customer. Please give me some of your thoughts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

Oh, I just found out that the problem this motor is having is that it runs too hot. This was determined by driving it twenty miles or so(a 1600 in a Bus) and then touching the motor. I don't know about anyone else out there but every VW I have had(about 15 different cars and buses with about 20 or so different motors), the motors are way too hot to touch especially when it is 80-90 degrees air temperature. Please determine for yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

If you can drive any air-cooled VW 20 miles and then touch the engine case, I would immediately look into a fault in your thermostat and flaps system. I can't touch the engine case on my Bus after a couple minutes.

I wonder if he grabbed the dipstick or alternatively spit on the case to check for a sizzle?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

Oh the engine was so hot that the heat (at 4:00 this morning) was almost melting the cusion in the back of the bus. and smelled bad and hot... almost too hot to open the compartment door.... and this is after drivin 20 minutes going 40mph in 60 ¦ weather.... our last engine we could drive for two hours and still pull the dipstick out. now the green light of flickering. and now mofoco want us to bring the bus to them in milwaukee?
this is too much, i want some customer service already!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

here's my story:
we bought a rebuilt longblock, we pay to have it installed, it shot oil and smoke and ran very hot. so we call mofoco - they wont take it back, they make us drive it to milwaukee, adjust it a bit, we take it back and have to pay more to have it installed again... now it runs so hot we cant drive more than 20 minutes... and green light is flickering... engine is also knocking badly... all these problems were there when we brought it to them the first time. now they tell us to bring it back again. when all i wanted was to give it back and get money back. now we are stuck with no bus, no way to get it back to them. there are lots of complaints like our on the internet... lots of mofoco warnings. i am just trying to do my part in making it known to others who want to drive their vw - not tow it to milwaukee.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

ALSO - i dont know if anyone can help me here but the only documentation we got on the engine was the reciept. and the only thing it says is you can return somthing within 15 days. we brought it to them within the 15 days and they still wouldnt take it back... because it was "used". the reciept -which is all they gave me, does not say anything about "used" or "unused". simply that you can return it within 15 days. shouldnt they honor my return?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

i not trying to make problems for mofoco - i'm just trying to figure out why they are giving us so many problems. when we brought it the first time they told us it was a good engine - but wouldn't take it back. it seems like if it was good, they would be happy to take it back. the point is that i no longer trust the company... and dont feel safe driving on an engine that has had this many problems this soon.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

by the way, the engine did not run perfect after the first time we brought it back. it was still smoking and knocking. they are trying to tell us that all vw engines will smoke and knock for the first 100 miles. i have never heard such a thing before! can anyone tell me if this is true?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

I am not going to go back and forth on this so this is it. With the 5 experts in our shop, we have over 130 years of experience in this. Do all of you out there think we could last 34 years in business if we didn't know what we are doing? The motor was making noise because it needed another valve adjustment, newly rebuilt motors commonly do. I have had to do it on every one of my motors. I already explained the smoking. We don't want to take the motor back because we are in the business of solving problems, not just selling parts. If I take this perfectly good motor back, will the bus run? No, the whole process will have to start again and that helps no one. We want the whole car here, because we don't just sell parts; we install everything that we sell. We have always been able to figure out any problems with a motor or it's installation, every time. If you want our help, we are here.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

i'm sorry for all the bad things i'm saying, but now in finding out how many anti-mofoco people there are out there... and its give me little trust in the company.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

why is it still knocking? why do i feel so jerked around by mofoco? why are there so many complaints about your engines? why are you so willing to comply now, but not when we call? how are we going to find more time to bring the bus up to miwaukee? i'm sure it's not a good idea to drive on this engine, so who will pay for the tow up there?
ALL i want is help - that's all i've asked for.
we will get the bus to you,
you will see for yourself how bad it's running... maybe even you'll fix it.
but i want other people to know not to waste their time and money in the future.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

Where are they? I did the "search" as you sugessted in the other thread and I have not found anything and I see no one responding negatively on this forum... Sounds like they are willing to help and it IS your responsibility to get them the bus, No one offers free tows or free shipping back on warranties of any kind (as far as I can tell)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

or
Re: Mofoco
... Re: Mofoco. ... bad very bad. I bought a disk brake conversion for my 72' bug got it home
to find parts missing ( the backing plate) I asked them about it and I was ...
www.bowwowvw.com/_Q&A/0000025f.htm - 3k
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

here is a good one:
http://members.primary.net/~kdfmotors/VW_Zone/Behind%20the%20Cheddar%20Curtain.htm

in here he says...
were was the staff this year?á Probably busy pulling down all the anti-MOFOCO propaganda that kept popping up all over the place.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

or
http://moneycentral.communities.msn.com/VWVixens/e...otoID=5547
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

or another good one:
http://home.triad.rr.com/cyber/kghia/karmann.html
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

there are more... and there are more all the time. i've also been talking to vw people in the area and hearing nothing but bad comments. i'm not here to start a fight ... just letting other fustrated customers know that it really does help to file with the bbb. i hope that mofoco will stand up to what they are saying about helping us... but i've heard you have to put up quite a fight to get anywhere with them. .. so far we havent gotten anywhere - until i started posting my thoughts.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

here:
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/5770/carbinstallpage.html
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: mofoco - NO! Reply with quote

and:
http://www.oroad.com/volkswebbin/wall/general/showmsg.php?message=1046
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: