Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

Repro from ISPwest is one third of that.
https://www.vwispwest.com/311723173.html?p=YzE9MTUw

OG. There are no reproductions of that pad.

Really?? I have about 50 pcs that I bought thinking that they would fit my 411.

Not that I'm aware of. Why'd you buy 50?!?!?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

squaretobehip wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

Repro from ISPwest is one third of that.
https://www.vwispwest.com/311723173.html?p=YzE9MTUw

OG. There are no reproductions of that pad.

Really?? I have about 50 pcs that I bought thinking that they would fit my 411.

Not that I'm aware of. Why'd you buy 50?!?!?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

it was like $20 for all of them. This was way before automatics were cool. Twisted Evil Here's a repro for sale

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1728642

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

so it's not a 63... is it a 72? hey if the sunroof works its gotta be worth something, even with picture windows, and one one piece front window, one vent window...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2180389
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
so it's not a 63... is it a 72? hey if the sunroof works its gotta be worth something, even with picture windows, and one one piece front window, one vent window...

It's a 71.
Hard to say what it might be "worth" to someone, having been stripped and left to die, and no title or drivetrain. I'd say the price is pretty ambitious, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:
Erik G wrote:

It's a 71.
Hard to say what it might be "worth" to someone, having been stripped and left to die, and no title or drivetrain. I'd say the price is pretty ambitious, though.

Yes, I emailed him to tell him the VIN # posted is a 1971
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Sorry to pop all of ya'lls bubbles, but it's a 70. Look at the size of the ash tray opening. Big give away from 70 to 71.
It's definitely a custom though, as someone put "picture" windows in the rear of it.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Porsche Wheels / Brake mods / Beam / Pan / Sunroof clip easily $1K

If I was close I'd probably buy that stuff, cut it up, and let him collect the scrap money for the rest. Probably take the picture windows just to have them...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

He sent me more pics here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13YMoD_PGt48yDEW_i1CSOr63o5zS4DFl

It's on a '69 pan, maybe it's a '69 with a replaced front clip and they left the later VIN plate on there?

Definitely has 69 and earlier fenders, it's IRS in the rear.
Someone put an early tank in it and filled in the outside fuel filler hole up front

Yes, it has picture windows too, 80s flashback!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

It's on a '69 pan, maybe it's a '69 with a replaced front clip and they left the later VIN plate on there?

Someone put an early tank in it and filled in the outside fuel filler hole up front

Yup, definitely a 69. It was hard to tell for sure, since there were no front end pics in the ad on the Samba.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Yup, definitely a 69. It was hard to tell for sure, since there were no front end pics in the ad on the Samba.

The front's been clipped too, that's why the later VIN plate up front.

He told me he really needs to get rid of it and would take $500 if anyone is local and can go grab it
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
EverettB wrote:

The front's been clipped too, that's why the later VIN plate up front.

He told me he really needs to get rid of it and would take $500 if anyone is local and can go grab it

He emailed me again to say someone is coming to get it tomorrow
JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Erik G wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2171076

Interesting car but every pic looks photoshopped or instagramed. Cant tell if the car is built of chicken wire and bondo or not

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I think he's selling it to fix his bus. Don't know if he already sold his Square he picked up a couple of years ago.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2182053

Does anyone know what the original asking price was?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I want to say asking price was around 15K but for the life of me I can't remember. Everett will be able to tell what the original ad had in it
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

It says $19,500 in the deleted ad right now
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

My whine is you folks don't have a Today in Type 3 Hunting History thread/stickey .... Laughing Laughing

So I guess my whine is these cars all rusty....

Sorry for the Crapy pic, I was driving away when I remembered to take pics... Embarassed
A Craislist ad, no call back/email reply, so I hit the road, took a few wrong turns, finally found 4 Type 3s, a few '70's Bugs, and one toasted '68 Bus.... Sad Not my kind of Hunt. All are Vt. Rusty, one is a '64 ? Variant S, one is a hacked into pick-up... I'd be happy to pass on the info, it is on VT. CL.....

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

yep, nice early blue one. I'd love a pick up conversion but not VT Rusty Very Happy
homebrewin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is it appropriate to ask pricing opinions on stuff I’m trying to sell here? I’ve been out of the loop for a while, I no longer own a type 3 but I have a lot of type 3 parts left over from when I did. Passenger side door latch, 61-66, used but it’s all there and complete. I posted it earlier for $80, not sure if that is a crazy price of not. And if this is the wrong spot to ask, I apologize. Thanks.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

homebrewin wrote:
Is it appropriate to ask pricing opinions on stuff I’m trying to sell here? I’ve been out of the loop for a while, I no longer own a type 3 but I have a lot of type 3 parts left over from when I did. Passenger side door latch, 61-66, used but it’s all there and complete. I posted it earlier for $80, not sure if that is a crazy price of not. And if this is the wrong spot to ask, I apologize. Thanks.

Two things as this is an often asked question.

First look for your part and see what others are asking? Look at how long the ad has been up? Maybe ask the seller if they actually have it still or if it sold and they just didn't cancel the ad. Chances are its one of two things - they sold it for less and or thought their stuff was worth the asking price and they held onto it for um 2 years at that price Rolling Eyes with no sale.

Second - list it at what you think it should be. If you haven't sold it in 6 months, well then maybe there is a problem - and what would you think that is? Yeah, the price is too high. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Basic ass shit. Dancing Applause Brick wall Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

homebrewin wrote:

I don't know on current prices but I know I sold an NOS one for $75 a few years ago so $80 for a used one seems crazy to me off the top of my head
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
My whine is you folks don't have a Today in Type 3 Hunting History thread/stickey .... Laughing Laughing

So I guess my whine is these cars all rusty....

Sorry for the Crapy pic, I was driving away when I remembered to take pics... Embarassed
A Craislist ad, no call back/email reply, so I hit the road, took a few wrong turns, finally found 4 Type 3s, a few '70's Bugs, and one toasted '68 Bus.... Sad Not my kind of Hunt. All are Vt. Rusty, one is a '64 ? Variant S, one is a hacked into pick-up... I'd be happy to pass on the info, it is on VT. CL.....

Hey Tom sorry I missed you at Terryville, saw your single cab but never ran into you. I think you need that variant pickup for the farm Laughing

-Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Page 481 of 535

Jump to: