Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 531, 532, 533  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
homebrewin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
homebrewin wrote:
Is it appropriate to ask pricing opinions on stuff I’m trying to sell here? I’ve been out of the loop for a while, I no longer own a type 3 but I have a lot of type 3 parts left over from when I did. Passenger side door latch, 61-66, used but it’s all there and complete. I posted it earlier for $80, not sure if that is a crazy price of not. And if this is the wrong spot to ask, I apologize. Thanks.

Two things as this is an often asked question.

First look for your part and see what others are asking? Look at how long the ad has been up? Maybe ask the seller if they actually have it still or if it sold and they just didn't cancel the ad. Chances are its one of two things - they sold it for less and or thought their stuff was worth the asking price and they held onto it for um 2 years at that price Rolling Eyes with no sale.
Second - list it at what you think it should be. If you haven't sold it in 6 months, well then maybe there is a problem - and what would you think that is? Yeah, the price is too high. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Basic ass shit. Dancing Applause Brick wall Wink

Yes, it is basic, unfortunately the only example I can find for sale is not comparable to what I am selling. It’s like if you were cleaning out your moms house and you found her collection of exotic sex toys. And it had been a while since you had been in the sex toy game. You would probably log into a sex toy site that you used to frequent often and ask the experts. Sure they might sort of be total dicks to you, but there still may be one in or two that would give you a halfway useful idea of what that ceramic butt plug might be worth. Although I have a feeling you might keep that one.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I've got one listed at $50 shipped. NOS locks go for around $80 + shipping.

These are not parts that sell particularly fast but your price is high, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
homebrewin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate it. I didn’t see yours when I searched. I’m using my phone with a broken screen. And I wasn’t trying to upset anyone by asking a question. I used to have a couple of Notchbacks, and I frequently bought and sold Type 3 parts 15 years ago. Lots of things change. So again, thanks for your reply.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

homebrewin wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I didn’t see yours when I searched. I’m using my phone with a broken screen. And I wasn’t trying to upset anyone by asking a question. I used to have a couple of Notchbacks, and I frequently bought and sold Type 3 parts 15 years ago. Lots of things change. So again, thanks for your reply.

So.....how much did you finally get for that lightly used ceramic butt plug?

Laughing Wink Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
StephenDerek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2187655

pricey AND bossy.....what a combo
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

IDK if this has been posted.
Is this the old Bob LaCoste squareback? Big money...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-III-Squareback-Varia...Sw92RbCOpx
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:

January 64 build date

I should go check this thing out next week...
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
Critter1 wrote:

January 64 build date

Just sold at auction not too long ago.

https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Det...GON-219110

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

squaretobehip wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
Critter1 wrote:

January 64 build date

$24k isn't a horrible price for that car unless it's hiding a lot of sinister shit.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

For 38k you can have my car and my parts stash.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
Critter1 wrote:

January 64 build date

$24k isn't a horrible price for that car unless it's hiding a lot of sinister shit.

Pic for the thread
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

$24K seems fair to me. $38K? Nah.

Back seat handle looks busted here:

Rear wheel wells need to be redone IMHO
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

That car is really nice. But these people that run these consignment places no nothing about VW`s.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
Critter1 wrote:

January 64 build date

Pic for the thread

I thought that too about the rear wheel wells. I also saw some rust on the lower lip inside the left front wheel well. For 38K, I don't want to see rust, or it need something redone.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
EverettB wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
Critter1 wrote:

January 64 build date

Pic for the thread

I thought that too about the rear wheel wells. I also saw some rust on the lower lip inside the left front wheel well. For 38K, I don't want to see rust, or it need something redone.

The headliner is peeling alongside the rear seat backrest on the pass side. Might be a bad hidden leak.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a whine, but would be cool to see someone save this logo'd 66.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/67-vw-squareback/6614656966.html

Same with this OG paint white roof notch...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/1965-vw-notchback-type/6622224709.html

'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

For you California guys, they're both too far gone.
The 67 is too new, and the Notch too far gone with NO title.

Where I live, no title is a parts car. I know, as I have a 70 Camaro RS with no title in my backyard that was from Arizona. That's basically worth nothing now. You used to be able to get a title for them, but now they're basically scrap as far as the state's concerned.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:

Where I live, no title is a parts car. I know, as I have a 70 Camaro RS with no title in my backyard that was from Arizona. That's basically worth nothing now. You used to be able to get a title for them, but now they're basically scrap as far as the state's concerned.

Look into Vermont title loophole- not sure if they cracked down on this or not but it used to be that you didn't even have to live there to get plates and reg. Yes they will tax the crap out of you, but you will have plates and a reg to take to your RMV/DMV to get transferred to your title issuing state. NH used to be the same way but have since closed that down. When I bought my Notchback I lived in a small town in NH and we used a town clerk to register. All I had was a bill of sale. NH does not issue titles but I had a registration and plates. I moved to MA 5 years later and have had a title since.

-Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Parts car in Texas as well. I won't buy any car without a title. The registration and plates are not acceptable to get a title or even registration here. You can get a bonded title but thats exponentially expensive based on the car's value. Not worth the hassle it unless it's truly valuable, and you are getting it cheap enough where the time and expense of the bonded title makes sense

In CA, you just show up to DMV with the car and have a VIN inspection done, Bill of asale, and "None" in the previous owner section. If it's not stolen, you'll walk out with plates and registration, and a title in the mail in a couple weeks
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:

The 67 looks like a 66, just figured it was cool since you don't see a ton of logo'd squares. The front end is pretty bashed in.

No title is easy to take care of in CA. As Erik mentioned, the process is super simple.
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Parts car in Texas as well. I won't buy any car without a title. The registration and plates are not acceptable to get a title or even registration here. You can get a bonded title but thats exponentially expensive based on the car's value. Not worth the hassle it unless it's truly valuable, and you are getting it cheap enough where the time and expense of the bonded title makes sense

In CA, you just show up to DMV with the car and have a VIN inspection done, Bill of asale, and "None" in the previous owner section. If it's not stolen, you'll walk out with plates and registration, and a title in the mail in a couple weeks

You can get a title with a bill of sale, but it's got to be a good bill of sale (notarized), and not just something scribbled on a piece of paper.
Your other option is to call the cops, and have them tow it away, so it goes up for auction, then you can get a "salvage" title after you buy it.
Basically the state is trying to get rid of the cars coming in for parts, then getting rebuilt and sold with a clean title.

I too am at the point where I don't buy vehicles without a title. In the case of the Camaro, it was abandoned in my backyard by the PO who didn't want to pay for services rendered (getting it ready for metal replacement). He'd already had the paint stripped off, so it was either going to be dipped, or media blasted. But, he didn't do either, and was just looking for a place to store it. Now it's just a solid, surface rusted hulk (parts car). I'll probably Craig's List it when I get some free time (get caught up around here).

As far as getting a title in California for that Notch, that's great, but I don't live in California, and shipping it east can get expensive since it doesn't run. Also, if it's so easy to do, then why doesn't the seller do it?
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 531, 532, 533  Next
Jump to:
Page 482 of 533

Jump to: