Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dating Bosch script fog lights
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Dating Bosch script fog lights Reply with quote

I'm looking at getting a set of OG fog lights for my '55 but not sure which ones would be correct. I see two different types with the old script logo - one with the logo small, centered at the bottom of the lens and one with the lago much larger, at a 30-40 degree angle at the bottom right of the lens.

Anyone know what dates these two types correspond to?

Thanks. Wink
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the angled one with script is correct for the zwitter era. I saw many different ones at Bad Camberg this past year and asked a guy from Denmark about this very topic as he had several for sale. The one I considered buying had the large angled script and a nipple style lens. Too much $$ for me (350 euro for one) so I let it go back to Denmark where it came from Smile
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kafer53 wrote:
I believe that the angled one with script is correct for the zwitter era. I saw many different ones at Bad Camberg this past year and asked a guy from Denmark about this very topic as he had several for sale. The one I considered buying had the large angled script and a nipple style lens. Too much $$ for me (350 euro for one) so I let it go back to Denmark where it came from Smile

They are no longer in Denmark. Wink
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the smaller script logo in the center is later you think, maybe correct for my car?
tazm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Lenses Reply with quote

If you could post a picture from the lens you looking for , I probebly can help you ! I have a few boxes with lenses !
Bob did you buy a 350 euro (560 US$) Oval lens??
That price is correct for a KDF lens !
I would like to know what kind of lens that is !
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tazm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Lenses Reply with quote

These picture are from a pre 55 lens as far I know !
Please Tell me if I'm wrong !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lenses Reply with quote

tazm wrote:
If you could post a picture from the lens you looking for , I probebly can help you ! I have a few boxes with lenses !
Bob did you buy a 350 euro (560 US$) Oval lens??
That price is correct for a KDF lens !
I would like to know what kind of lens that is !

I didn't say "I" bought them. Wink And they were fog lights not headlight lenses.
tazm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops Sorry Embarassed

BTW Bob, that headlight lens in the pictures is that correct for a 53 ?
I can't find a source to put a date on my hella or Bosch headlight lenses !
I have here 3 boxes porsche and vw lenses all pre 60 !
There where other topics about the lenses but now after reading them I'm even more confiused about them ! Is there somewhere a source where I can find the exact date they changed to other models !
Hesa was checking one box lenses, he could help me with a few Very Happy (thanks again Hesa), but I still have a lot Question Question Question Question Question

Thanks in advance,

Guido
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazm wrote:
Ooops Sorry Embarassed

BTW Bob, that headlight lens in the pictures is that correct for a 53 ?
I can't find a source to put a date on my hella or Bosch headlight lenses !
I have here 3 boxes porsche and vw lenses all pre 60 !
There where other topics about the lenses but now after reading them I'm even more confiused about them ! Is there somewhere a source where I can find the exact date they changed to other models !
Hesa was checking one box lenses, he could help me with a few Very Happy (thanks again Hesa), but I still have a lot Question Question Question Question Question

Thanks in advance,

Guido

I don't know Guido. I could tell you, if it were a non-fluted Hella.................. Confused
tazm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These???
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are fluted....

(but I think those correct for correct for a '53. I'll send your photo to a friend of mine who has a OG Zwitter with fluted Hellas.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: