Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

66RubyBug wrote:
I bought it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Welcome to you and your Ruby Red ; I'll have to get your info and drop by next time I'm in the neighborhood ...My work takes me there occasionally ( Flagler Hospital area ) .

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

After searching town for someone to install my headliner and not finding anyone. I read everything I could find on the Samba, bought a DVD on installing one and yesterday got the courage to begin. At $90/yd I don't want to make a mistake!

Meefermadness
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tyzel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:
After searching town for someone to install my headliner and not finding anyone. I read everything I could find on the Samba, bought a DVD on installing one and yesterday got the courage to begin. At $90/yd I don't want to make a mistake!

Meefermadness

I recently did my headliner, first time as well, just take your time Very Happy I see you're in Eugene, what body shop did the work on your 59? Paint looks great on it! ( I assume it's the Capri one in your gallery)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

The paint was done by a good friend of mine; Matt Slager at Kustom Auto Body located at Wilson and W11th
Bruce
tyzel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:
The paint was done by a good friend of mine; Matt Slager at Kustom Auto Body located at Wilson and W11th
Bruce

Oh ok, yeah I drive by there on occasion, looks great! On the road soon? Hope to see it around, if you see a lowered single cab around more then likely that's me as I've never seen another one in town.
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Added pop outs to my 64

Air and Water do mix!
Laguna1116
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Picked up the almost correct engine for the '61 Ragtop. It's a few months older than the car but correct in every way otherwise.
Fred_e81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Arabella got her rear main seal replaced which stopped a serious oil leak and she also recieved a new oil filter pump. FIgured since I was at it, I also adjusted the points, replaced the plugs and adjusted her timing.....purring like a kitten!!
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Ordered some new wheels for my '66
mattbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Gave it a wash and filled the tank ready for Bugjam Auckland, New Zealand!

http://www.graphitedesign.co.nz
https://www.facebook.com/graphitedesignnz
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Valve adjustment. 4 of 16 were too tight, 2 of them on cylinder 1. No wonder it felt like it was running on three cylinders.

Laid out timing marks on pulley, set dwell and timing, greased points cam, and lubed front end.

Car starts and runs much better now.

Bought a used Bosch distributor, the proper one for my year. Waiting for it to arrive.
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Today my wife and I tackled the "B" pillars. The WCC kit we have uses pretty heavy vinyl which made it very hard to keep wrinkles out, but I think we did pretty well!
Bruce

Fred_e81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Meefer,

Great job, it's looking awesome!! I did mine at home as well. Bought the j bugs video, watched the classic vw bugs videos a million times, aND followed some tips on this site. For a first timer I think I did just as good of a job if not better than the upholstery shop.

Keep us posted, it looks like a pro is doing it. Pretty cool the wife is pitching in as well...she's a keeper!
03hdfatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Replaced the starter and bushing, changed the oil and washed it. Took it on a 3hr round trip to a friends. Buud did real good. 70-80mph most of the way and no oil leaks when I got home.
03hdfatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Just replaced the diaphragm for the accelerator pump in my carb. Sure is nice not to stumble when giving it gas.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

This month will be the one year anniversary of buying my '66. Sooooo I've treated the car to the following,

Installed new stainless body molding
Replaced broken window crank handle
Ordered a GPS speedometer from Speedhut
Ordered LED headlights from vintagecarleds.com
Bought LED bulbs for tail/brake lights and turn signals

And tomorrow I'm picking up a set of BRM's and new tires on my way to a wedding.
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

i bought it... :0)
then i cleaned the PO crap out, went through the parts, threw out trash, took the Honda seats out, took the added accessories out and pulled the bad wire, took the running boards off, added new plugs and wires, changed the oil, took the wet carpet and pad out, dried the car out, sanded the floor pan, painted the floor pan, added sound deadening material to the inside.. (storage area behind the back seat, the side panels, the doors, and the back seat floor area)
cleaned the bug seats (to put them back in)

Tomorrow will be:
grinding the running boards and prep for paint.
cleaning the convertible top
ordering the wire harness and floor mats Wink
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Reinstalled my speedo today. It's a little better, but not completely healed.
Fred_e81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I restored and finally registered Arabella's 1962 Texas plates!!

Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

They look great; looks like that would be a difficult job.

1967 VW Beetle - Savannah Beige Very Happy
2002 VW GTi - Reflex Silver (Sold) Sad
1966 VW Beetle - Bahama Blue (Sold) Sad
1961 Porsche 356B Roadster - Signal Red (Sold) Brick wall
1966 VW Beetle - Sea Sand (Sold) Sad
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
Central Jersey Volkswagen Society
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 268 of 317

Jump to: