Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crocksvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Well after 20 years of sitting dismantled and primed with surface rust now. I drug my 66 out the barn to bring t back to life.
OldFashion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

My 60 euro with new whitewall tires. I love how it came out

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
FL-Frank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

'67 Savannah Beige Type 1 Sedan
180,500 miles on the chassis, 80,00 on the motor.

Performed 3,000 miles maintenance yesterday...

Pressure washed engine (top & bottom), and undercarriage.
Scraped flaking areas of orignal undercoating, painted undercarriage with low gloss black ceramic spray paint.
Adjusted valves @ .006
Changed oil (brad penn 10w-30)
Serviced air cleaner
Lubed front end
Adjusted brakes
Adjusted tire pressure

Heidi's all set now for the next 3,000 miles of driving fun! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I had to clean out half of the garage so I can get a new roll-up door
So, Ol' Herb has go out on the curb on Thursday so they can install the new one.

While I was cleaning out the garage, I decided to vacuum up all of the sand that I left in the pan when I was doing some blasting earlier this year (yeah, I know)

Old pic with the old garage door...

And here he is out front with the new garage door in the background LOL

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle

Last edited by slave1pilot on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
I had to clean out half of the garage so I can get a new roll-up door
So, Ol' Herb has go out on the curb on Thursday so they can install the new one.
While I was cleaning out the garage, I decided to vacuum up all of the sand that I left in the pan when I was doing some blasting earlier this year (yeah, I know)

I had to put him in at an angle since the back half of the garage is full now.

Really? After all the drama lately with pictures you can't upload yours into the Samba Gallery?
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

apparently not.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
apparently not.

FWIW they are not showing up here.
This may be why he posted the message above
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bomb Doctor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I finally finished the King pin and Link pin shuffle on my daughters 1960. Taking it this morning for an alignment. No one around where I live can balance the 5-205 wheels so I had to bubble balance it. It has been a while since I had to do that.
boxkiteflyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

My '59 Bug is done! It has a new 1776 engine by Gary Berg. It has dual Kadrons, Berg deep sump, welded pick-up tube, remote filter, wedgemated flywheel, SVDA Flamethrower III dizzy, CB Performance breather box and other lesser but nice goodies. Voltage regulater moved to under the rear seat. It has a new Rancho Pro Street tranny. It has all new brake lines and brakes with disc conversion on front. The dual circuit master cylinder uses Dot 5 fluid. Any mounts, rubber, wire or fastener associated with the above items have been replaced or refurbished. Now it is going through the break in process. I gotta get some new pics! Thanks to my good friend, Bill, for his invaluable assistance and muscle during this five month ordeal! Kudos to his missus, Claudia, for feeding us at times and putting up with incessant 'VW speak'!
Jay-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Roller Pedal.

And finally figured out what in the hell Im gunna do with the interior.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Jay-Rod wrote:
Roller Pedal.

Well.....what are you gunna do with it?
67CarGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Unloaded it off the car carrier for the first time, loaded it on a flatbed, and brought her home! Very Happy

Photos to come shortly, although likely in my own thread...

rcooled wrote:

On the other hand, if what the OP really wants is a project that'll take up all of his free time for a couple of years, relieve his bank account of many thousands of dollars and frustrate the living hell out of him, then this car is a good place to start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kenc9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

In my 62 Ragtop I put new window lift and cleaned up and greased up. Put new Wind Wing post in new wind wings and rubber ( boy what a job) that rubber just wont push down and stay but it is in with wind wing closed.

Now the same thing for the passenger side.
Corney13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Kenc9 wrote:
In my 62 Ragtop I put new window lift and cleaned up and greased up. Put new Wind Wing post in new wind wings and rubber ( boy what a job) that rubber just wont push down and stay but it is in with wind wing closed.

Now the same thing for the passenger side.

I did the same. Not easy, my fingers were raw! I angled one side into the channel, use a plastic trim tool or screwdriver to push the other side into the channel and use your thumb to push down... all at the same time. You will know it is in, because it will not pop out. Now that I know how to do it, the passenger side should go faster... I hope
Jay-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Jay-Rod wrote:
Roller Pedal.

Well.....what are you gunna do with it?

Game Boards (Monopoly, Clue, Sorry, Ect...) for the interior panels. Kids rug with the roads and such on it for carpet, Twister for a headliner.
Fred_e81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Today I installed my new retrosound Hermosa radio. It looks awesome and it really woke up my speakers. The kenwood I had before did this thing no justice. Install was a bit annoying but well worth it. 1st pic with it on 2nd with it off. It came w optional radio station selection face plate sticker.

klroger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I took the body off the pan to start to get it repaired properly!!!!!
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I just now finished putting in and setting the ZV/PAU 4 R 5 distributor I got from Glenn many months ago.

I needed a .020 point gap to get a 52 (26 on the 8 cyl gauge) dwell, which is within the specified dwell range (50 +or-2, or 25 +or-1). With the specified .016 gap I was getting dwell numbers of just over 60.

Timed it after each dwell adjustment using static method shown by Chris Vallone.

It seems to run better, but I only went up and down the block. I'll know if there's an improvement when I get on the highway. Third gear is a dog in this car, but did feel peppier zipping up my block.

I do know it starts much easier.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

finished rebuilding the steering box. now to find time to install it..after this herbiecane passes completely.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Drove it out on the roads today. Quite the improvement. Smoother at higher speeds and rpms, and less butt-pucker merging onto the highway.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 274 of 317

Jump to: