Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fozzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Fired it up, drove around in the sticks.. only had to get under it once to jump the solenoid.. Shocked

71 Tin Top Westy
Adopted Dec or so 2017
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Socalpropertypro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I took a drive up to deutshland metal & body to go check out progress of my 65 sunroof body. Its gonna be Bad a**! Its gonna be a rough 5 months waiting for it to be finished!
Ah Ill make it i think... Very Happy
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

if you cant make it right just keep it there and let them make it. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Had some time this week for my students to help install a "new" windshield in my 67. Used the old seal for now until we're ready to repaint it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I pulled the glass from a 76 standard beetle in a junk yard. Hence the "new".

And the progress on refinishing the engine. Pulled this one out of our 74 super and we're just cleaning up this engine. I did use a different set of newer cylinders and different heads as there was some pretty severe damage. New rings and the Bahama coolers underneath with new pushrod tubes. I need to get a new crank pulley, as this one is bent. My students love building this car though.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I actually did work... Started fixing the front apron.

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

After months of nursing along an ailing battery, it finally shit the bed Friday night, in the neighborhood, thank goodness. Wouldn't crank, bump starting did nothing. Luckily my daughter was a block away with her car. Amazing how quickly a 6v starter will spin on a 12v battery.

The battery was so dead it ran pretty roughly the few miles back to the house.

Got me a new one Saturday morning and I am back in business.
chasepunx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I replaced my axle boots, fixed my 2nd gear grinding problem and used a ton dereaser on the bottom of my engine to clean it up.
66' Bug (current)
08' Bug (current)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bomb Doctor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Cut and buffed the rear deck and roof on Sunday. Even with the best cover I could find it is still a little rough on those spots. I cannot wait for the garage build. Seeing my lift sitting in boxes is frustrating to say the least.
Edith64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

A few weeks ago now, I spent some time doing a top overhaul on the 40 HP engine. 83 mm pistons and rebuilt F-heads make a huge difference.

Spent an afternoon out with a friend of mine and his '60 leaf viewing

Thanks to all who contribute their knowledge to The Samba so I could complete this project.
66RubyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Had the original 66 1300 engine rebuilt by East Coast VW Restoration. They added 1600cc heads, pistons, and jugs. New Dual Weber 40's, new oil cooler and alternator. And last a brand new ceramic coated exhaust to give the bug an amazing sound. Fallon and team did an amazing job. I highly recommend East Coast VW Restorations.

Next I gonna drop the front-end, add disc brakes and put on a set of 17" smoothies.

MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Finished adjusting the shifter, now just need to install the throttle cable, steering wheel and be ready for a test ride! Soon after after nearly 3 years I will put the body and chassis together for the last time.
Bruce Ebling

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Drove my '60 to work every day this week, 267 trouble free miles while netting 30mpg. Very Happy
toddmin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

chasepunx wrote:
I replaced my axle boots, fixed my 2nd gear grinding problem and used a ton dereaser on the bottom of my engine to clean it up.

What kind of degreaser did you use? I would like to clean mine up more, but don't want to use something that can harm the metal.
toddmin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Edith64 wrote:

A few weeks ago now, I spent some time doing a top overhaul on the 40 HP engine. 83 mm pistons and rebuilt F-heads make a huge difference.

Spent an afternoon out with a friend of mine and his '60 leaf viewing

Thanks to all who contribute their knowledge to The Samba so I could complete this project.

Those are awesome photos!
Buscowboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: 1961 Swedish Deluxe OG Paint Reply with quote

Moved my '61 out of storage to fix a few issues. Swap out the clutch, fix the steering lock and a few other minor jobs.
1970 FI Auto Squareback
1999 T4 Transporter 2.5 TDI Reimo

http://www.youtube.com/@BuscowboyClassics

https://www.instagram.com/buscowboy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BM3Gross
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Got my Gas tank hooked up Yesterday:
https://youtu.be/_HL-ZnBAj80
Very Happy
trektider60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I painted the seat frames, gear shift, parking brake, and rear seat bar. Also redid the seats with new coconut pads from WW. What a difference from the 1" foam and wads of cotton padding that was there. I put the TMI seat covers back on since they are in great shape. I also installed a new shift rod coupler. What a difference that made; I didn't know the old one was so bad.

nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Changed the spark plugs,checked the fuel pressure,and dialed in the air fuel mixture/idle.Drove over to the gas station filled up with NON ethonal gas then the wife and I went for a drive

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buscowboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

That is a sweet looking ride, well done.
1970 FI Auto Squareback
1999 T4 Transporter 2.5 TDI Reimo

http://www.youtube.com/@BuscowboyClassics

https://www.instagram.com/buscowboy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Debating on doing valve adjustment and new points at work today, but it’s like 55* and I’m freezing my ass off. Have zero desire to be on my back under my car while being cold. Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 275 of 317

Jump to: