Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yammi450
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Replaced the parking brake cables in my 66. They were stretched beyond adjustment. Removed most of the old glue from the old headliner, getting it ready for the new headliner.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Nothing on the bug.

But I did mock up one side of my new engine to see if the tins will work out.
They will be just fine.

2180, MOFOCO 050 Monster heads, Web 86b camshaft. And on and on.

And yea I know that I need to clean and paint the #3 cylinder.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Have a great week.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Identified the slight noise coming from the driver's rear wheel as an axle nut that wasn't cranked down quite enough. Roughly calcing the length of my breaker bar and the weight needed to get it torqued properly and the holes to line up, a buddy about the proper weight needed came over and stood on the breaker bar and got it torqued down. Took it for a test drive and no more noise!!!
yammi450
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Installed WW German hood seal in my 66 beetle. The hardest part was getting ahold of the titties on the corners to pull them through. I’ve been putting it off because I thought it would be a nightmare, but it only took about an hour.
JChambers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Bought a 67 roller last week and then a 67 parts car this week....getting all the body parts back together, just need to swap the hoods and then push in rear glass.

Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Pulled up my 67 to get the motor installed, had issues with the clutch. Ugh. My flywheel is too big so I had to lower the engine back down and start scrounging around for a different one.

All in all it isn't going too bad. Though I pulled the engine out of my California Clipper car, it had a larger flywheel as well. Still feel really good to be working on my Vw's instead of other cars though.

Oh well, back to my parts pile. I thought a larger flywheel was supposed to fit, same as my 69 and 74. Guess not.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lawnplumber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I scrapped all the undercoating off my 67 project and gutted out the interior and scrapped off sound deadner and test a convertible trunk lid, and test for wheels

a
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Adjusted my valves after work. For those of you who are still confused about this I made it crappy quick little video on the easiest way possible to make sure you’re on cylinder #1. I don’t care how my dizzy is installed. I don’t care which way my rotor is pointing. This is the easiest way to check.

https://youtu.be/9YDjbfeRSP0
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Very excited! This Saturday I have the gang coming over to help lift the body onto the chassis for the last time. It will be the first time I have ever seen the car together. It has been over 3 years since I started with a bare body/chassis
Bruce

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Excellent, Love the color. Looks like you have a nice wood working shop as well.
Post pic's of the up coming marrige
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I showed this to my wife, and she said you should rotate the body so its facing in the same direction as the 'bottom part'. Women are SO helpful ...!!!
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Tell your wife that I will just turn the seats around and everything will be fine!
Bruce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Nah, do a 30 point turn in your driveway with the chassis, easier. Smile

Will the body slide over with dual carbs?
Scratch that - I see the engine is pulled in the 2nd pic.
Exciting!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Exciting day of finally joining my 58 ragtop to the restored pan. Had lots of friends there to help. Very fun day!! Now its onto bolting the body down and installing the engine! Won't be long now to driving day!
Bruce

Link
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Uh oh .....I'm in trouble!!! I don't have eleven people to help me!!!! LOL
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

It helps to offer good food and drinks! I was surprised that so many came to help. Had a fun time!
keary_lewis0303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Lots of sanding

[/img]
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Installed the front set of original Rostyles on the front of my 66.

On 145/65/15 Conti.

Rear rims will be rehooped.

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
pilottangocharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I got a pair of Cofap front shocks pressurized and mounted to the beam.

I also installed new master cylinder hardware and spacers that came in the WW order I received today. I still need to set the pushrod free play and get the boot sitting over the pushrod properly.

Fred_e81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Today I had a set of dual Empi 34 EPC installed. Runs great
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 278 of 317

Jump to: