Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Heilite tent trailer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

I kept this one of myself and lowered the ride height a little

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Recently recovered this Heilite from Denver and delivered it to a buddy in San Gabriel Ca

johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Thanks for hooking us all up FOLKS55!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Does anybody have any info on where to buy replacement rims for Heilite single wheels? I just picked mine up this weekend and i want to have a spare before I head out. Here is my original one with tire last used in 1973 and stored inside since.

easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

I looked at Saginaw Products Corp. (Doing Business As CIGNYS)
https://cignys.com/

Saw this on their site: "We provide high quality components along with jacks, brakes and wheels."

Maybe check with them?

If no dice... I'd get crafty with some boat or cement mixer wheels:

If you're not so flashy:
8" wheels: https://www.easternmarine.com/8-Fixed-Hub-Integral-Tire-Rim/

Can always just carry a spare tire/tube/couple tire spoons & bicycle pump.
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I actually found those exact rims today locally. They are pretty much the same and also just received an email from Cignys as well saying that they may still make that wheel. Ill post what i find out.
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Finished up my Heilite single wheel last Friday and left for the Seattle Vintage weekend with it in tow behind my bay window. Towed great!

For those of you that don't have patience and a lot of spare time, don't embark on the polishing process. I have a lot more respect for those big Airstream Yaghts now after polishing this little trailer.

I found it in Detroit of all places and had it shipped to Oregon to a friends that was good enough to deal with the shipper. I drove down and picked it up there and brought it home. Last used in 1973 and sat indoors ever since. Original canvas and road cover are very nice still.

It has the optional crank down wheels and sprung mattress. I powder coated all of the suspension and crank down wheel assemblies, replaced the crank down wheels with new ones that were exactly that it came with. I found Vredestein tire for the single wheel and now also have a spare rim/tire assembly.

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Fantastic job, looks amazing.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

What a nice Heilite
Kathy J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

I need help finding a shock for a single wheel Heilite. Ours took some damage last weekend, and we need to replace it. We replaced the shock 3 years ago when we refurbed the trailer. But the place I bought that shock from dug it out of a dusty box in their attic, and they don't have any more. I can't find anything like it online using the stamped-in numbers on the shock body.

Does anyone have a brand/model number of shock absorber that will work with a Heilite? Thanks in advance!
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Kathy J wrote:
I need help finding a shock for a single wheel Heilite. Ours took some damage last weekend, and we need to replace it. We replaced the shock 3 years ago when we refurbed the trailer. But the place I bought that shock from dug it out of a dusty box in their attic, and they don't have any more. I can't find anything like it online using the stamped-in numbers on the shock body.

Does anyone have a brand/model number of shock absorber that will work with a Heilite? Thanks in advance!

You might try the Heilite Mafia Group page on Facebook
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Www.singlewheel.com might be able to help.

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kathy J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

I forgot to come back here and update, but I did find another shock for our Heilite. I took the damaged shock around in person to every spring and shock repair place in the area, and hit the jackpot at one shop that had some new/old stock stuff hidden away. Got another shock that matched, and scored a spare one too! After emptying out the Heilite and flipping it on its side to replace the shock, we were able to get in a few more weekends of camping last fall before it got too cold.
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Kathy J wrote:
I forgot to come back here and update, but I did find another shock for our Heilite. I took the damaged shock around in person to every spring and shock repair place in the area, and hit the jackpot at one shop that had some new/old stock stuff hidden away. Got another shock that matched, and scored a spare one too! After emptying out the Heilite and flipping it on its side to replace the shock, we were able to get in a few more weekends of camping last fall before it got too cold.

Glad it all came together for you. When you get a chance please post a few pics🙂
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Looking for a couple of the fold down feet for my expandable if anyone has extras or are parting out any trailers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
Looking for a couple of the fold down feet for my expandable if anyone has extras or are parting out any trailers.

I might have 1 or 2. I'll check for you tomorrow
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

folks55 wrote:
Yustrn wrote:

I might have 1 or 2. I'll check for you tomorrow

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: