Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Heilite tent trailer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
folks55 wrote:
Yustrn wrote:
Looking for a couple of the fold down feet for my expandable if anyone has extras or are parting out any trailers.

I might have 1 or 2. I'll check for you tomorrow

Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

VolksTech101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

I've got a 46 Higgins and a 48 Higgins camp trailer
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

My 64' Heilite lowered on original 14" Porsche Fuch wheels.

turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

So quick question as I've searched and read through all 22 pages on this thread.
I have a 68 Viking that I just picked up a few weeks ago from the original owner and just getting into it and figuring out everything on it.
Does everyone store their canvas on the frame and fold it under the road cover or do you pull it off every time and store inside the cabinets? The original road cover seems to fit perfect without the canvas cover on but I'm sure it's shrunk a ton over the years being stored outside. It clearly doesn't fit at all with the canvas tent installed. To me it seems to be a huge PIA to take the canvas on and off each time.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ralphiewigum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Hey all I have a 1963 expandable on a recent trip one of the legs came lose and fell off on while towing. Anyone know where to find one or how to make one? Without it (as you know) the camper is useless. Any help would be appreciated.
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Just got my HE2177 Heilite trailer. Anyone else have a spare tire holder underneath their trailer?
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

Does anyone have a picture of how the crank down wheel assembly attaches to a single wheel? An underside picture of the assembly would be great, I have a crank down kit to install on mine but sure exactly how/where it mounts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Heilite tent trailer Reply with quote

I picked up a 2 wheel Heilite last year that has the same style tent as SCVW has above^^^, except it opens to the right instead of the left:

It's finally time to get working on it, so we got in touch with Bear Creek Canvas to order a new tent. They say they need my original tent as a template, but reading through the different Heilite forums, it seemed like Bear Creek had all the templates in stock already (which is why it makes sense to order from them vs. a local shop).
They aren't being very clear on why exactly. So my question is: are there really a bunch of different sizes and versions of that tent?

Bear Creek also has a lead time of 7 months right now. So combine that with the fact I'll have to pay cross-border shipping 2 ways, I think it only makes sense to get someone local to make it. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: