Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brooke Carr - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: german tin
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 06, 2011
warriorbass05
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warriorbass05 wrote:
I paypal'd on 8/12 and the initial communication was good but have had nothing since. I don't mind waiting but the communication piece is so critical. I will filing with paypal I guess since there has been no communication and I have NO IDEA when I will see the part since it is still listed on this site. This is my first attempt at a transaction with him and I am not sure if I will do any more. "Ignoring the world" is not the best way to do business...

So I paypal'd on 8/12 and after filing a dispute and NO COMMUNICATION from him, I finally get the part today 9/17. While I am thankful that I finally received the item, it did not have to take 5 wks with no contact from/with him.

I will not buy any more parts from him on this basis.
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great communication, great seller, items received as described, many thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ze-bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: germin tin / Brook Reply with quote

Bought a rebuilt turn key engine from him in September 2009. now we have november 2010 and never got the engine i bought until yet!!!!!!

be careful! Sad
ze-bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: be careful!!!!! Reply with quote

fastet shipper?????cost me just a smile!

i bought a turn key porsche engine from him in september 2009!!!!!!!!

never got or seen the engine!!!!!!!!!!

i only heard a lot of stories!!!!! and dust!!!!! not more!

be careful in dealing with this person!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Salser Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Purchase and Delivery of NOS Part from Brooke Carr Reply with quote

Brooke...I want to thank you for having made this NOS Accelerator Pedal Cover available OnLine. Purchase went smoothly. I received the part and it is great! It will look special on my '67 Beetle. Thanks again! jay salser in Texas
aa1500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brook please!!! send me my cargo door mechanism for my bus. Been a month brother Crying or Very sad
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good communication and surprisingly fast shipping. Thank you Brooke for the parts.
hawaii five-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Bosch 25hp condensor from Brooke. Good communication at the start. For some reason, it took two and a half weeks for him to mail the condensor. When it was finally mailed, the actual shipping was quick.

After reading some of the negative posts about Brooke, I was a little worried. I just had to be patient and I was happy the condensor arrived just as described.

Thank you for the part Brooke.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a rear seat kick panel in rough shape from Brooke. I paid on 11-29-10 and the package was shipped on 12-27-10. I received it the week after that. Not quick, but he did deliver and the item was delivered as described and in acceptable condition.
ze-bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: 912 engine Reply with quote

I bought a ,,finished" TKEY Porsche 912 engine from brook for more than 3500 Dollar in September/October 2009! I never got my engine until yet! we have march 2011 and i am still waiting for it.....

take care!
bus guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid for a nose cone and hockey stick 31st Jan after agreeing a shipping quote with Brooke. I have received a lot of items from the USA that I bought after this and still just getting slow responses from Brooke. Was told he had to take another one off the bus and that was the delay, but has been 3-4 weeks now since he said it was shipped.
ViLL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bro is still waiting for his tail lights,

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=927514

Paid for 12 days ago...1 email sent so far for a status check....no response yet.
bus guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the nose cone and hockey stick finally showed up. Thanks Brooke.
ze-bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: 912 engine Reply with quote

i bought TKY 912 Porsche engine from brook in september 2009. now we have may 2011 and i never got my paid engine.
he wrote stories about a missing car a missing fuel line i gave him time to look for those parts but he was unable over nearly one and a half year to arrange those parst for a unfinished engine he sold as a finished engine in 2009.
after one and a half year he is selling MY ENGINE i paid again......
...yes you read right NOW HE IS SELLING MY ENGINE I PAID and waited over mor than one and a have year.

in march 2011 he promised to refund me my total money i paid to him the next 30 days. Now we have May 2011 and he dont answer on my mails, hasnot refund my money yet.....

waiting for reply, waiting for my money ....... Sad
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ze-bulli has been emailing me since this issue started and he has been waiting an unacceptable amount of for first his engine and now a refund.

I would NOT deal with this seller until ze-bulli posts that his issue is resolved.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Fri May 06, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr.-aircooled123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of BROOKE!!
He might be a nice guy in person- but seems to be permanently in money problems/ stress!!
I just bought his 1963 "beryl" convertible, made a deposit and told him that it could take a while ( some weeks) to transfer the money from Gemany to the states because i needed to cancel a saving bond first!
At the beginning that was no problem from his side!!
Than suddenly he started to stress me with paying, just like he needed the money really urgent!! But as i told him before, it needs time to the bank pays out the saving amount of the cancelled contract!! Now finally i wanted to transfer the rest of the money- but he wont sell the car to me anymore, does not pay back my deposit and just don't react on my mails! I guess he needs the money that urgent as refund for the porsche 912 engine of ze-bulli!!!
It's now really hard for me, as i cancelled my saving bond ( lost a lot of money and intrests on it), bought already special "beryl"parts here in Germany, and not to forget the "deposit"!!! Evil or Very Mad
Probably he thinks i am thousands miles away and he doesn't need to worry.....but i really consider to buy me a ticket and have a visit in Tennessee soon!!! Wink
Maybe there is somebody in the states who can help me...!?

Regards, Thorsten
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Brooke and copied you regarding your issue.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
german tin
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First none of my transaction are any of your business Thorsten other than the business between you and I. Second you never "bought" the car. You sent a 10% deposit on a $5000 car. As per our phone conversation on April 6th you were paying a Paypal deposit of $500 and were to have the rest of the money within one week by a US check. After 2 weeks go buy I start wondering what is going on and ask and you reply that you told me it would take 2 weeks so I say "oh ok" maybe I misunderstood. You said it takes a long time to get your money out of savings in Germany. Some where in this time you tell me that you bought new correct support rails from J3 Vw Restorations here in the states and they are being shipped to me and you also told me that you bought the NOS green floor mats for the car from kevinfromfrance. I know both of these people and I have talked to them. After I never received the support rails I got curious and contacted them. You only inquired to both of these people about buying so I don't want to hear how you have spent all this money cause it is a lie. So now this is the 8th of may going on 5 weeks now and I still have no money and I have kept the car in a storage building for an extra month now and you still do not have the money. I have turned at least 5 buyers away waiting for "your" money. Most people would not be so understanding.
mr.-aircooled123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Brooke Carr Reply with quote

...BROOKE- what kind of stories are you telling??
It's true that i thought at the beginning that i would be able to cancel the saving bond real quick and that it took than longer unfotunately. But exactly this is what i told you in mails and phone calls and i apologized for this status!! I even offered you a compensation for your waiting!!
I am a trustable person!!
Yes, it's right that i did not final the deals with the rails or the beryl floor matts- just because you started to become funny and stressful.
I was afraid to buy or order parts to your home-place which i eventually would never receive- just because i am in Germany and you feel safe in Tennessee!! You did not even want to sent me a copy of title or a bill of sale!!!It seems like you are doing all kinds of deals and that you are living in a way from these deals!!
With the money from the one guy you pay things from other guys, and this is going on and on!! That's not to bad- but it seems like you sometimes just do to many deals without having the cash in your pockets. And exactly in these situations you become problems like ours now or the problem with the Porsche engine. On the one side you need the money really urgent and you get impatient and demanding but on the other side you aren't able to pack and sent packages to people who have paid for weeks, month or even years!!
So you stress yourself and the others moreover!!

I wanted to pay the car in total a week ago but you just stopped answering my mails or just mailed simple that i am to late!!
So don't tell the people here what kind a nice and patience guy you are!!
You are just afraid about your marketplace here at thesamba!!

I hope others will be more lucky when having deals with you!!!

Regards, Thorsten
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Brooke Carr Reply with quote

mr.-aircooled123 wrote:
You did not even want to sent me a copy of title or a bill of sale!!!

It's fairly common to wait to hand over paperwork until after the vehicle has been paid for.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: