Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Canadian.NOS.vw parts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 04, 2022
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected] Reply with quote

bought some manuals and a few parts from colin, excellent transaction. check out his stuff, mostly NOS and good prices, too.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought, sold, and traded with Colin a number of times over the years and will continue to do so.
2Pack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just completed a sale with Colin and it was a smooth transaction. Also his price was very reasonable. I would definitely buy from him again.
Concept1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a few items from Colin recently, and he was very easy to deal with, prompt, and good quality parts as well.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubfan68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: NOS EARLY GAS PEDAL AND PUSH ROD Reply with quote

Very Happy First time purchase from Colin smooth transaction Great parts . Highly recommended will buy again THANK YOU !!! Another great seller found on the one and only the SAMBA . COM !!!
eagle5127
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a less than positive experience with Colin...I purchased a rear view mirror that the had advertised last spring as NOS...when I pointed out to him he had 2 separate on the Samba claiming both mirrors were NOS when in fact it was the same mirror, he change the ad to " I thought it was NOS..I purchased the mirror last week and when it arrived I noticed the stem had minor pits which he had revealed in the ad...however he failed to mentioned the glass was severely and extensively pitted... he called it slight overspray which could be removed with cleaning..I took the mirror to 2 different glass/mirror shops and they agreed it was badly pitted...and beyond repair...I told Colin I would return the mirror for a refund...he said he doesn't refund but failed to mention that in the ad...he grossly misrepresented the mirror..on a scale of 10 is is more more than a 5 at best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWinTHEblood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently made my first purchase from Colin and the transaction was excellent, high quality parts at a very reasonable price. I was very happy with my purchase and I will definitely deal with him again. Thanks again.
micahwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

great quality and ships fast
hunza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: advertised parts Reply with quote

Buyer beware.

Don't trust this seller to provide merchandise as advertised. I had a less than positive experience when I was shipped one (less than perfect but Hella) indicator lens and the other an aftermarket piece of junk. I tried to resolve the matter but seller just wasted my time by using delay tactics - asking for pictures first, then disapperaing on me for days before coming up with a vague one line response to gain more time. Apparently he knows the loophole that Paypal won't help if it can be proved that the shipment has been made (regardles of the contents).
I have since found the other lens at a swap meet (for a fraction of the cost) and learnt a lesson in the process.
1958 Type 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: This guy is a Scam!! don't buy... stole my MONEY! Reply with quote

This dude is a scam... he is all full of BS..!! look at the emails below, and you can see that it has been well over a moth the he says he recieved the cash and will send it out..well it never happened! I have been buying and selling from Samba and have never been screwed around like this before.!!! BEWARE OF COLIN

*****************LOOK!!!**********************

dude... your the dick for saying that you were going to ship the part on August 26th! look at the emails below.! If you 'shipped it'... then why do you have to wait to 'get home' to figure it out.??! You know that you didn't ship the part... just admit it.

---------- Original Message ----------
To: Brian Wade <>
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - NOS Hood pull knob
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 04:05:17 -0600

Dude you need to relax I can't do anything till I get home. Why would I screw you over for a $10 part. How do I know it arrived and you are being a dick.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-09-18, at 1:47 AM, "Brian Wade" <> wrote:

Well at this point I am defiantly convinced that you DID NOT send that part as you said you did over 2 weeks ago. I sent you CASH in good faith and you stated that YOU received the money. It has been a month to send a simple 10$ part. If I don't ear back from you or get the part by tomorrow, I will be posting some very negative feedback!! I have been buying and selling on the Samba for years and you are the very first person to screw me. You should not be posting ads if you have no intention on providing the product... I guess you prefer stealing.

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:32:51 -0600

Also you send the money maybe a month ago but remember it took nearly 2 weeks to get here how long do you think it takes to get back to you with customs.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-09-10, at 4:48 PM, "Brian Wade" <> wrote:

Hello.... did you send thi part??? it has been almost a month on this.... It should not take this long to receive the part.. please advise. Brian

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:46:54 -0600

I got it will get it out tommorow thx

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-08-24, at 3:26 AM, "Brian Wade" <> wrote:

you should have got it by now... I put it in the mail on Aug 10th?? let me know if you did or didn't.. thanks Brian

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:21:44 -0700

Not yet but I haven't checked the mail in a few days I will go check it

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-08-23, at 1:26 AM, "Brian Wade" <> wrote:

Hello... did you get the cash I sent you over a week ago?? Let me know thanks! Brian

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:42:59 -0600

Sounds good will look for it.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-08-09, at 2:37 PM, "Brian Wade" <> wrote:

Thanks... will just send you cash. I will send you $11.00 US. I hope this is ok. I will get this in the mail today. Brian

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:14:45 -0600

It has to be an international postal money order (pink) send to:

Colin Foote2309-58a ave
Lloydminster, AB
T9V 2Y6
Canada

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Brian Wade <> wrote:

Thanks... I don't do paypal. Can I send you a money order? If so, please provide me your address! thanks.

Brian

To:
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 20:28:36 -0600

shipping is $5.95 total is $10.95 US paypal at this email address thx.

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM, 1958 Type 1 <supersamba@thesamba.com> wrote:

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
NOS Hood pull knob � � Price: $5
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=772929
and sent the following message:

Hello... interested in this know.. what would shipping be to 83861 Idaho? �thanks! � Brian

This email was sent from the Samba user: 1958 Type 1
Their Samba profile can be seen at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=206851
--- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
If you have any questions about scams or other concerns about your privacy,
please contact me at everettb@thesamba.com

Regards,
TheSamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I read those emails:
You sent the money on Aug. 9
He got it 2 weeks later - Aug. 23
Colin said he mailed it on Aug. 26

So it's been 3 weeks since he sent it. I can't remember how long the last thing I got from Canada took but it does take what seems like a ridiculous amount of time. I'd wait at least a month before thinking anything was wrong.

It sounds to me like he was waiting to get home to give you the tracking or customs number(s).

I can verify that I have had letters take 2 weeks or more to get to Canada.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1958 Type 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.......Well now he is asking for my address 'to make sure he sent it to the right place'... yeah right!

What a scam...IF he only had ONE of these NOS knobs, how would he have another to send me!!?? He just realized that my bitching and complaining will not go away until he gets the part out (like he should have) This guy needs to be ban from the Samba from selling... it is appaent that he is doing more COLLECTING and NOT enough shipping.

EverettB wrote:
The way I read those emails:
You sent the money on Aug. 9
He got it 2 weeks later - Aug. 23
Colin said he mailed it on Aug. 26

So it's been 3 weeks since he sent it. I can't remember how long the last thing I got from Canada took but it does take what seems like a ridiculous amount of time. I'd wait at least a month before thinking anything was wrong.

It sounds to me like he was waiting to get home to give you the tracking or customs number(s).

I can verify that I have had letters take 2 weeks or more to get to Canada.
Canadian.NOS.vw parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this guy as you guys can see flys off the handle pretty quick. Then he wants his shipping info and I told him I was at the 36 hp challenge in Bonneville (Salt Flats) and wouldn't be able to get it too him till today. As you can see he just didn't quit even when he knew I couldn't do anything till today. Well I don't put up with harassment and told him well you can read it. Anyway he promises to kill the complaint when it does arrive but he doesn't seam the type. Also just to make sure I got the address right I asked what it was but he didn't post the rude comments he made. Anyway thx for the comments Everrett.

By the way the 36 hp challenge was awesome. We (Todd from Saskatoon) took down a single cab and got the record for a type 2. I was in the pit crew very cool.
1958 Type 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will delete the negative feedback when I receive the part. I will do that....

but (IF) I ever get the part, I will post on the feedback you ALL the actual post mark on the shipping just so you can see that he dragged his feet to get the part out- only when he was feeling the heat. We will all see that when it shipped was not really when he said in all the email... This will prove it once ad for all. I am sure once the lies are proven, then we will all know the creditablity of this guy.

I can't wait to gt the part... the suspense is killing me.

Canadian.NOS.vw parts wrote:
Wow this guy as you guys can see flys off the handle pretty quick. Then he wants his shipping info and I told him I was at the 36 hp challenge in Bonneville (Salt Flats) and wouldn't be able to get it too him till today. As you can see he just didn't quit even when he knew I couldn't do anything till today. Well I don't put up with harassment and told him well you can read it. Anyway he promises to kill the complaint when it does arrive but he doesn't seam the type. Also just to make sure I got the address right I asked what it was but he didn't post the rude comments he made. Anyway thx for the comments Everrett.

By the way the 36 hp challenge was awesome. We (Todd from Saskatoon) took down a single cab and got the record for a type 2. I was in the pit crew very cool.
Canadian.NOS.vw parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now that I am home to be able to check. I didn't get the part out till the 30th. So, I am sorry for the few extra days but no need to go overboard. Anyway hope it shows soon and you can see that I am not here to rip you off for "$10".
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy sells me a nos bumper guard and a used one shows up. I wouldnt buy from this guy!!!!! He is a scam!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you email him?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hunza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has another ID he sells under - Hotvw1
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2489

Buyer Beware. We would love to see him banned from the Samba but unfortunately its not my decision.

Last edited by hunza on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted him about the 2 ids and the issues above.
hotvw1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did the world turn into a bunch of princesses. Hunza man you should relax your going to have a heart attack. I said I would help you but you went off like a 2 year old so I am not your daddy so I left it alone. As for the issue with the bumperette I have 2 very clear pictures and clearly states has shelf wear. When did we need to start hold your guys hands. Grow up and take responsibility for what you bought. As for the 2 ids that's because some stuff is mine and I am selling a buddies stuff under a different id to keep it separate. Wow you would think I invaded a country or something.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: