Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Canadian.NOS.vw parts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 04, 2022
spittinfromabridge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my Samba Classified encounter with Colin Foote (of Lloydminster SA) aka [email protected]. I urge you to read this before you decide whether or not to deal with him. Foolishly I hadn't read this feedback thread beforehand... I wish I had.

I bought a (quote-unquote) "NOS" Super Beetle steering box from him for $350CDN ( http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1118196 ). Once I received the part, I could see it was obviously just a used/rebuilt one - not only that, it was rebuilt incorrectly and basically unusable - worth maybe $20-30 as a core. It was clear that he was trying to pull a fast one, hoping that I didn't care or know any better. (I'm calling this "Scam attempt #1") Almost comically, the box I was replacing was in better condition.

So I contacted him and without argument he agreed to give me a refund (for the part only - not the shipping). At this point, since my trust in him was less then perfect, I asked for a refund first and then I'd return the part. He refused, telling me that the part was marked to ensure that I'd return the same one. Well, I figured I'd cut my losses and pay to ship it back - thinking that I'd rather be out the shipping costs than $350 and be stuck with a useless part.

A week after he received it back I asked for my refund. He must have been determined to scam me because he then claimed he had not received it. I then informed him that I had tracking information to prove that he had in fact received it a week ago. (Scam attempt #2)

After a few days of waiting, I opened a claim with PayPal. On cue, he now changed his story. His response to PayPal was "I have received the item back as I was willing to give him his money back but the item that arrived is not the one I sent out". Wow, now he had the gall to claim that I was trying to scam him! (Scam attempt #3)

I gave PayPal all the details and thankfully they did the right thing and ruled in my favour. I'm still out the shipping cost but I consider myself rather lucky. I came out mostly unscathed and now I'd like to warn my fellow Samba-ites.

Based on this experience, it's my opinion that on the sidewalk of life, Colin Foote is the dog crap that people hope to not inadvertently step in. There are a lot of friendly, helpful VW folks out there and on the Samba - he is not one of them.

In the interest of full disclosure, here are the details... feel free to draw your own opinion.

Our email correspondence:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZOC27Pa_QjE/TrAo9wp8ugI/AAAAAAAABaw/TliQv4PMtNY/s0/Untitled-0.jpg

Pictures of the "NOS" part:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4KNJ8rDrZNc/TrA5peIl_hI/AAAAAAAABb0/GQbVOFZzK1s/s0/Untitled-1.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uKa_PHnwjmU/TrA5p9Mpx5I/AAAAAAAABb0/qPNBz3cG6l0/s0/Untitled-2.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1Pdr9_cuFGA/TrA5p1JChhI/AAAAAAAABb0/PQIEFag2izk/s0/Untitled-3.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0LtCnNYBbfo/TrA5qS3Kc4I/AAAAAAAABb0/VwTP1evhyWs/s0/Untitled-4.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vqaXHlenEtc/TrA5q6cf4GI/AAAAAAAABb0/5c-AjsDNFQY/s0/Untitled-5.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qP3RoJTIyVg/TrA5q8UiVnI/AAAAAAAABb0/RRt6xiRjgg0/s0/Untitled-6.jpg

tl;dr - Colin Foote is a liar (x3); steer clear.

Jayson
type1guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a door handle from Colin, very nice, and a good price, I am impressed. I will buy more.
Mike
Redlocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a stale air heater box flap from him. It arrived well packaged, as described, and surprisingly quick since I'm under the impression that customs from Canada to the USA often causes 15 day delays.

I'd buy from him again without any reservations.

A good seller.

71 Super Beetle (stolen)
71 Squareback (rusted, junked)
71 Squareback (factory-dealer A/C, sold)
68 Bus, sold
68 Beetle (baja'd, sold)
78 "Golf" (total burn)
81 Scirocco S (sold, bought back, sold again)
81 Scirocco S (sold)
86 Scirocco (sold)
83 GTI (DSP auto-crossed, sold)
84 GTI (sold)
2000 New Beetle
'60 Microbus Std. / Mango (project in progress)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Henderbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Happy with experience Reply with quote

Colin responded to my email the next day, and shipped the part well packaged, the day after pay pal payment. Happy to buy from him again
dutch1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've bought 4 used window cranks from Colin June 15th, communication was good and parts as described. Quick overseas shipping as parts delivered on June 23th. Thanks Marcel
Eddiedance123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected] Reply with quote

This dude Colin is a scam I ordered a product and never get it! When I asked for the tracking number he gave me a fake one!! and it didn’t work then I asked for my money and he said no! This guy is rude and no trust worth it, defenelly a sacammm
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected] Reply with quote

You emailed me before posting.
I emailed him about your issue.
I should have said to wait to see if he responds to my email before posting here so please post an update if it gets resolved.
If you have the tracking # he sent please post it
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Canadian.NOS.vw parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian.NOS.vw parts - [email protected] Reply with quote

First off I had barely sent the parcel and someone wanted their money back. I am not sure there is a way to make this guy happy. It's kind of bad time to be in a hurry. This time of year it can take weeks for a parcel to go to the US unfortunately. I also made the mistake of sending without a tracking number but in my defence I did send a picture of the receipt.

Anyway I know you don't have any patience but it will show up. Sorry you are a stressful person.

Eddiedance123 wrote:
This dude Colin is a scam I ordered a product and never get it! When I asked for the tracking number he gave me a fake one!! and it didn’t work then I asked for my money and he said no! This guy is rude and no trust worth it, defenelly a sacammm

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: