Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new hood
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oibovveroi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: new hood Reply with quote

i had a thread on this in the paint and body but it got deleted.
i hope this is not an out of line topic.
i was in need of a new hood and heard about the trouble people had with after market fenders.
so i wanted to know if it was the same for the hoods.
someone recomended i get one from mid america,so if you got one from there are you happy with it?
just some feedback please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ramblinrose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'd be interested in hearing what you guys have to say about this also. I to need to purchase a new hood.
jpsarver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience has been that aftermarket sheet metal is lighter weight than OEM, that is why I replaced the hood on my '74 with a used OEM hood. Every now and then you see someone in the classifieds with NOS hoods, but they are quite expensive. You should be able to find a good used one for a reasonable price.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: