Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus Value - Insurance purposes
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Bus Value - Insurance purposes Reply with quote

My bus insurance is up for renewal soon and I really have no idea how to value it right now. I was wondering if you guys could let me know what you think my bus is worth, just a rough idea

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnny d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty.. this is a good and (i guess) difficult to answer question!

but i think about 20 to 25K EUROS?! Confused
&
VWKernzentrale since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
happyhippo
Segapone Wanna-B

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you could replace that bus for less than $40K US. Does your insurance company understand that buses that aren't shiny and fully restored have, in some circles, a greater value to the collector than ones that are restored? Will your insurance company insure a "rusty old bus" for a large value?

You should probably also factor in asset appreciation. That bus will be worth more at the end of this year than it is worth today, etc... The trick is to figure out at what rate barndoor buses are appreciating in today's market.

Look, I'll do whatever you want...Just get that death-weiner away from me! -- Principal Skinner

Never let a stripper clog dance near your dangle. -- Bob Oblong
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BDWannaB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$40K...
Rusting Hulk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty insurance value in the UK is what it would cost to replace it, if it was totaled or stolen without trace. You can't replace your bus, (its a 52 RHD) so i guess you would have to make one from a LHD. I'm thinking £40k. This would be the cost of buying a non rusty Barndoor STD if you can find one, converting it to RHD and doing all the mods that you have done.
What do you think?
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty, is it up to you to set a price, or is it the insurance company ?
Here in Denmark it is the insurance company, and I have great trouble convince the insurance company the value of an old panel. As they say to me, "it is just an old volkswagen"

As it is now my panel is not insured as high as I wish.

-Tonny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty, Mate.........20 Euros or $40K, that's taking the piss mate! REALLY. Listen to the pissed out of his tree Pikey! Look at it this way, can you replace this rare bird of your's if something where to happen to her? God save the Queen! NO. Without a doubt. It boils down to "you cannot replace this ride"!!! I'm with the Pikey, £40k is more like it. Yes, in the Queens currency (this is for all the bloody Yanks who don't understand. REALLY! )

If you're Insurance co will not insure it for what it's worth? Then you need to go to a specialty insurance co who sorts out these types of matters. This is how we do it up in Lyon, France. REALLY Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusting Hulk wrote:
STD

Kombi
johnny d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
[.....]Look at it this way, can you replace this rare bird of your's if something where to happen to her? God save the Queen! NO. Without a doubt. It boils down to "you cannot replace this ride"!!! I'm with the Pikey, £40k is more like it.

this is why i said, this is a question wich is NOT easy to answer!!
i mean, this is a bus you can´t replace.. so how many $$$ is that Question Question
&
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnny d wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
[.....]Look at it this way, can you replace this rare bird of your's if something where to happen to her? God save the Queen! NO. Without a doubt. It boils down to "you cannot replace this ride"!!! I'm with the Pikey, £40k is more like it.

i mean, this is a bus you can´t replace.. so how many $$$ is that Question Question

BIG MONEY!!!!!! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnny d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
johnny d wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:

BIG MONEY!!!!!! Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Exclamation
&
barnjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the bus is incomplete ie without a rear bumper I would say £37 500
Laughing Wink

I would double the price its cost you then add 5% for the cool factor

Will the SSVC put a value on it Question

54 rhd Judson super narrowed

BDM Wannabe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dinsdale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty,

Also remember that the higher the agreed value, the more you're going to pay in insurance, so ask yourself, if you did have to claim, how much do you want for it.

And whatever price you put on it means nothing unless it's agreed with the Insurance company.

Pete
Rusting Hulk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
Rusting Hulk wrote:
STD

Kombi

Ok that makes it £45k Wink

Scotty i could do an SSVC valuation for you but i doubt their system would give an appropriate value. But if your insurance company will allow i can put any amount on the valuation form.

Who's a fuckin' pikey Rolling Eyes
BDWannaB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Hagerty's, I believe you can do "stated value" as long as it's in a locked garage. The more you state, the more you pay. Not sure if they write insurance over there, however.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusting Hulk wrote:
RockStock wrote:
Rusting Hulk wrote:
STD

Kombi

Scotty i could do an SSVC valuation for you but i doubt their system would give an appropriate value. But if your insurance company will allow i can put any amount on the valuation form.

Who's a fuckin' pikey Rolling Eyes

Well Fuck me Mate! Are you the Pikey version of Linda? Or are you having a bubble at the expense of these Bloody Yanks!!?? REALLY!

Cheers!
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Scotty, Mate.........20 Euros or $40K, that's taking the piss mate! REALLY. Listen to the pissed out of his tree Pikey! Look at it this way, can you replace this rare bird of your's if something where to happen to her? God save the Queen! NO. Without a doubt. It boils down to "you cannot replace this ride"!!! I'm with the Pikey, £40k is more like it. Yes, in the Queens currency (this is for all the bloody Yanks who don't understand. REALLY! )

If you're Insurance co will not insure it for what it's worth? Then you need to go to a specialty insurance co who sorts out these types of matters. This is how we do it up in Lyon, France. REALLY Wink

johnny...i thought you were in 80's with your prices?

scotty you have a very noteable bus...but like someone already said ask your insurance company for their method on how to come up with a value.once you file a claim will your policy be cancelled?do they cut you a check for a accident and then go after the other party?insurance companies are in business to make money so make your choice with your homework done...good luck!

bye the way i would say the bus would not make the wines if it was priced around $45-50,000 but what do i know...

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusting Hulk wrote:
RockStock wrote:
Rusting Hulk wrote:
STD

Kombi

Looks like a Standard to me...

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lo-lo55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldest on the road RHD, primer delivery wearing its first coat of paint Shocked could never replace it... got to be at least 40 quid if they let you.
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KombiMonster wrote:

Looks like a Standard to me...

As stated above, it was delivered in primer and owner painted but ti's definitely a kombi.

I have to try and persuade the insurance company of it's value. I can obtain a professional valuation, but then it's up to the insurance company to agree to that. It does often take a lot of persuading, especially with og paint type of vehicles. I just had no idea how to value it right now.......

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: