Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stock Battery Location and IDA
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
henrym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject: Stock Battery Location and IDA Reply with quote

Im getting ready to swap my 1600 single-port for a fire breathing Pat Downs 2276 with IDA's. Looking back there, it occurred to me that the IDA's may smack into the stock battery in its stock location. Is anyone else running IDA's with the stock battery location?

There are some great posts on relocating the battery to the back seat but still on the fence about that.

Thanks in advance!
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock Battery Location and IDA Reply with quote

I’m running dual 45 Dells on a 2276 in my 70.
I still have the battery in the same place but rotated 90 degrees.
Plenty of room to get an arm in there to bolt down the manifolds.

Depending on your manifolds and air cleaners I think your problem will be closing the decklid. You may have to fabricate some stand offs and lose the springs.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Battery Location and IDA Reply with quote

Mine is under the back seat now. There should be plenty of room. You can always buy an Optima type and lay it on it's side or stand it up.

here's my motor compartment.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: