Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jerry May - Brake Designs Fullerton [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: BrakeDesigns
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 06, 2009
Corysvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Brake Designs in business? Reply with quote

Curious if this guy is still in business? Made phone calls and no answer, or he picks up and says he will get back to me. Whats the deal?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Jeremy May, [email protected] Reply with quote

I contacted Jeremy regarding AD 1100088 for New German Heater boxes on 5/31/2011. He responded quickly that shipping would be $25 and I agreed to purchase. I sent out a US postal money order to Jeremy in Yorba Linda California on 6/2/2011 and waited and waited.
No acknowledment of reciept and no heater boxes. I emailed him on 6/15/2011 asking if he recieved the money order, No reply.
I then called the tel # on the ad and spoke with Jeremy. He asked what address I sent the money order to and I told him. He stated he hadn't checked his mail and while on the phone he acknowledged reciept and even confirmed the fact that I had put my return address in the envelope with all information. The return address was computer printed and could even have been used as a shipping label.
He said he would ship out the heater boxes that week. I waited and waited. I sent another email on 7/7/2011 Jeremy stated he was away and when he got back to work he found they hadn't shipped them out. His writes his GF of 5 years passed away he's such a mess he promises that by Monday he'll ship them out or refund the money. I email back that I would prefer the heater boxes but if it's easier to refund the money he can paypal me. I waited again. Now I go on The Samba and find out he was on here today and that he updated the ad on July 13th. Update the ad? I already bought and paid for that item, how can you update the ad?. Somethings seriously fishy. I see he has other ads on here and even has advertised complete engines for sale. I hate to think of somebody paying big money and going through what I have with this seller. It pains me to have to post this but if this is what I must do to compell Jeremy to do right or if I can save one other buyer then it's worth it.
Richard
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deactivated that ad since it is pending.

It looks like he may have bulk renewed a bunch of ads but yes, that ad should have been pulled.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: jeremy may, [email protected] Reply with quote

After I posted the negative feedback I got an email from Jeremy saying he's so sorry he's not trying to rip me off blah blah blah. then he says he will mail out a refund on Monday and to make things right he would ship the heater boxes on Wednesday. I figure OK whatever maybe he is honorable....... That was over two weeks ago.
Still no refund and no heater boxes. Any body here have ideas on how to compell him to do right? I see he has several ads on the Samba. I hope nobody falls into the same situation I have. He seems to have time to check out the Samba but not to mail a refund? Perhaps if he is faced with being banned he'll do as promised.
Richard
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: jeremy may, [email protected] Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to mention that I did send two more emails to him during those two weeks but still no reply. Yet he has time to log on to The Samba.
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I see that Jeremy aka Jerrynights is back on Samba and has lots of new ads. I never thought I would have gotten ripped off by a Samba member but that is what happened. It's probably too much to ask of the Samba to put him on probation of some sort until he makes good on his word. Buyer beware, be very aware not to trust anything jerrynights is selling.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.
Jerrynights is now banned.
We don't allow banned users to come back, especially under another id, unless all of their issues are resolved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returned again as
bugfanatic420 - [email protected]

Banned.

Ochie wrote:
Ad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1229910
is the same ad as
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1199493
that was placed by Jeremy May, jerrynights.
Jeremy keeps promising to send me the heater boxes I paid for but he still hasn't and as a result was banned.
So now he changes his name to Thomas May and tries to get back on Samba under yet another alias. Either that or somebody is letting him use their info to place a classified.
Either way don't trust this guy.
How about everybody on The Samba that knows this guy gives him a slap. Maybe then he'll wake up and do right.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned again as
VWsalesguy - [email protected]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned again as
Vwstuffforsale - [email protected]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just informed this person has returned under a new id:
vwpartsmanoc - [email protected]

Banned again.
vdubwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Jeremy, Reply with quote

I did pay for a set of good, barely used 94mm pistons and cyl's (AA's), he said he would send on the next monday (being I paid Fri. 12.16pm.)with a tracking number, I didn't get any info till I asked a couple times by text, and then on thursday got tracking # and P&C on Sat, yesterday. (7/20). So, took a little longer, he said he hadn't been feeling well, but got it out 4 day's later. I told him (Jeremy), better late than never! He was lagen His words, and working nights. So sorry that you guys have been waiting and r getting no answer, also have an E-Mail the Jeremy is using, "Lucy May" <[email protected]> and phone for texting we used, 714-476-8284, first # he used was, 714-869-7655 TEXT, then used previous # for the rest of our textings. 714-476-8284 Good luck, hope he works with ya'll, DID ME OK! (Forgot, Jeremy was using "vwpartsmanoc")
Gary
Please use <vdubwizard> for all messages, Big foot does not work correctly? Long rod Engines slow the piston down at TDC and BDC to let more flow and less angle to the pistons which helps the engine to last longer, less wear, and move the power band up the scale a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.

I think his only issue that is keeping him banned is the problem from Ochie above.
So resolve that...

And the fact that creating new accounts when you are banned is shady.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been informed this person was selling a car here under a new account
Some guy - [email protected]

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1514030

Banned.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a member who reported this

Banned again as
Kacie2021 - [email protected]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A member noticed that the phone # from a recent '53 Bug ad matched a phone # posted in this thread.

Banned again as
somestuff - [email protected]
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Administrators Reply with quote

I have to send a big shout out to the administrators of Samba. Thank you for being vigilante about shady sellers. After all this time I certainly don't have much hope of Jeremy May making right on the transaction. I make this offer to him. Don't send me a refund. Make a donation to The Samba in the amount of the transaction ($125, verified by Everett) and I will consider the matter closed out. That's right Jeremy May, support the community that you used to screw over a member and the member will forgive you. Everett I leave it in your capable hands.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: