Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Restoration October 1952 zwitter convertible.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazm wrote:
Pascal Was doing that because he wanted to have the car drivable for the next summer , and he has a other project that needs restoration, and that will cost him a lot of money aswell ! Now he has a cabrio ready for the summer and will enjoy that, and he can start working on his hebmuller ! Rolling Eyes

Guido

I couldn't say it better! Laughing
The vert won't see much rain I guess and will be redone maybe in the next 10 years or so, now it will drive.
I dont wanted to let it in a barn for another 10 years,(what happened to a lot of projects) the car is too nice for that.
There was no rust at all if you look at the pictures near the bottom of the rear side of the hood.
The heb will be a complete body off..... but after the zwitter is finished I'll take a break! Laughing
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 lowlight lizard green
1955 original paint oval
1956 1600 super V-sunroof Porsche
1958 lowlight ghia black
1963 firetruckred 23 window
1967 SO42 westy
1969 original paint Westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
tazm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To repair the money press ! Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazm wrote:
To repair the money press ! Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new pics.... Smile
http://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14651
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Zwitter vert on the road! Reply with quote

The vert has his first roadtest! Smile
http://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14651
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great car Pascal!!!!!
Well done!..

But I really doubt it will be "redone" within 10 yrs (like you say in the thread)
It looks far to good for that!

See you in Hessich Smile

Jonas (Wolfpart hangaround)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonas,
See you in Hessisch! Wink
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
tazm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked looks great Pascal !!
I'm looking forward to see you and the zwitter in HO next month !
are you comming also with the hebmuller ???
You know that Christian wants that world record !!!
So you better be there with both cars ! I was in HO last weekend with the audi , and I was already very tyred after the 450 km trip ! I thought my condition was better !
So I decided to put my split on the trailer for the trip to HO next month !
I was planning to take my zwitter conv aswell, to HO but my son is not able to come with us Crying or Very sad , he has to work on friday and saterday ! Rolling Eyes

CU,

Guido
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zwitter vert is ready for HO! Very Happy
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passoa55 wrote:
The zwitter vert is ready for HO! Very Happy

I look forward to seeing it in person next weekend. Good work!

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's good and what's wrong.....? Wink
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
brille52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD is to have you seen in H.O, WRONG is, that the car is yours and not mine !!! Wink

a Cool
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brille52 wrote:
GOOD is to have you seen in H.O, WRONG is, that the car is yours and not mine !!! Wink

a Cool

If you like I want to trade with your heb! Wink Laughing
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a smail story of the zwitter vert.
Sorry but it is in German... Sad
Unsere Reise mit 23 PS nach Istanbul!

1971 als ich meine Führerscheinprüfung ablegte,bekam ich von meinen Eltern einen dunkelgrünen VW Käfer- Cabrio aus dem Jahre 1952 geschenkt. Das Auto war die Wucht .Der Käfer hatte noch die Seitenwinker, ein Gasrollpedal und einen Knopf als Anlasser .Da keine Benzinuhr vorhanden war, musste ich mit einem Holz- Messstab die Benzinmenge im Tank messen. Wurde das Benzin mal knapp(was öfter vorkam)wurde mit dem Fuß ein Benzinhahn auf Reserve umgelegt . Eines Tages bekamen mein Freund(jetziger Ehemann)und ich eine Einladung von einem befreundetem Türken nach Istanbul. Wir überlegten nicht lange und entschlossen uns für diese Reise. Bei einer vorsorglichen Überprüfung des Käfers in einer Werkstatt, wurde uns abgeraten mit diesem 20 Jahre alten Auto so eine Reise zu unternehmen . Aber von wegen. Wir hatten uns für die idyllische Strecke über die Jugoslawische Küstenstraße ,durch das Monte- Negro Gebirge an der Albanischen Grenze entlang nach Alexandropolis in Griechenland entschieden, um dort ein paar Tage mit unserem Zelt Pause zu machen. Unsere Fahrt durch das Monte- Negro Gebirge sorgte für große Überraschungen und Aufregungen. Nachdem eine gut eingezeichnete Strecke in der Landkarte plötzlich in eine Schotterpiste überging .Wir waren noch guter Dinge, doch es kam anders als wir dachten. Die Schotterpiste wollte nicht enden. Kein Dorf ,kein Auto, keine Tankstelle nichts und unser Holz-Messstab zeigte nicht mehr viel Benzin an .Zirka 50 km waren wir auf Schotter gefahren und dann das! Plötzlich fing der Motor an zu stottern und das Auto blieb stehen. Mir wurde ganz anders zu Mute .Mein Mann immer positiv Denkend machte sich im Motorraum des Käfers zu schaffen .Der Ölbadluftfilter war durch den Staub verstopft. Mittlerweile kamen aus dem angrenzenden Wald mehrere Männer mit Turbanen und umhängenden Gewehren auf uns zu. Wir bekamen es mit der Angst zu tun. Ich trieb meinen Mann zur Eile an. In Windeseile wurde der Filter gereinigt und wir konnten unsere Fahrt glücklicherweise fortsetzen, bevor wir mit den Männern Bekanntschaft machen mussten. Mit dem letzten Tropfen Benzin erreichten wir die Stadt Pec. Als wir dort mit offenen Verdeck ankamen ,wurden wir sofort von vielen Kindern belagert, die auf unseren Trittbrettern des Käfers standen. Ihre Hände waren überall im inneren des Wagens. Sie wollten Zigaretten. Kugelschreiber und Süßes. Wir gaben was wir hatten .Dieser Teil der Fahrt war gut überstanden .Der Käfer lief und lief bis Alexandropolis in Griechenland. Kurz nach der Weiterfahrt von Alexandropolis ,ging schlagartig der Motor aus und ließ sich auch nicht mehr starten .Ein mühevoll herbei geholter nur griechisch sprechender Mechaniker nahm sich der Sache an. Zur Prüfung der elektronischen Anlage, wollte er eine 12 Volt Batterie anschließen ,was wir zu verhindern versuchten, da der Käfer nur eine 6 Volt Anlage hatte. Durch seine Gestik machte er uns klar ,dass dies erforderlich sei und wir ließen ihn machen. Beim umklemmen auf die 12 Volt Batterie begann der Lichtschalter im Armaturenbrett zu rauchen. Dies war die griechische Methode einen Kurzschluss zu finden .Er baute einen provisorischen Schalter und ein neues Kabel ein und siehe da, er lief. Wir konnten unsere Reise nach Istanbul vortsetzen. Dort angekommen hatten wir 3500 km zurückgelegt. Im Istanbuler Straßenverkehr zwischen den alten Amerikanischen Straßenkreuzern war unser Cabrio ein viel beachteter Exote. Die Heimfahrt führte uns über Bulgarien und dem Jugoslawischen Auto- Putt. Nach 7000 km zurückgelegter Strecke erreichten wir glücklich unsere Heimatstadt in Deutschland.
Nach 32 Jahren entschloss ich mich, den Käfer in Ebay zu versteigern .Ein Sammler aus Belgien erhielt den Zuschlag. Er nimmt eine komplette Restaurierung mit Originalteilen vor ,die er uns durch Bilder im Internett dokumentiert .Ich bin froh mein geliebtes Cabrio in so guten Händen zu wissen.
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
oval56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice story, do you have or need an translation?

1956 Oval, 2364ccm typ4
1957 Oval Ragtop 1584ccm singel port modified
1950 Hebmüller, 1584ccm okrasa modified

DBK Germany!!!!!!!!!!
www.dbkvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugman1955
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Translator:

1971 as I took off my driving test I got from my parents a dark green VW Beetle Convertible paid out in 1952. The car was the weight. The Beetle had the side Winker, a Gasrollpedal and a button as a starter. Since there was no fuel gauge, I had a wooden dipstick to measure the amount of petrol in the tank.

Has the gasoline's terse (as elsewhere) was struck with the foot a petcock passed on reserve. One day) got my friend (now husband and I an invitation from a friend of Turks in Istanbul. We deliberated and decided not long for this trip. In a precautionary inspection of the beetle in a workshop, we were discouraged with this car as 20 years old to travel.
But of motion. We had decided on an idyllic stretch of the Yugoslav coast road, through the Monte Negro in the mountains along the Albanian border to Alexandroupolis in Greece to do there for a few days with our tent break. Our journey through the Monte Negro Mountains caused a great surprise and excitement.

After a well-delineated route in the map suddenly passed into a gravel road. We were still in good spirits, but it turned out differently than we thought. The dirt road would not end. No village, no car, no gas station, and nothing our wooden measuring stick was no longer in a lot of fuel. We had traveled about 50 km on gravel and then this! Suddenly the engine began to stutter and the car stopped. I was quite otherwise mute. My husband was always positive Thinking in the engine compartment of the beetle to create.

The oil filter needing was clogged by the dust. Meanwhile, coming from the adjacent forest several men in turbans and cloaks guns at us. We got to do with fear. I drove my husband to hurry. At lightning speed, the filter was cleaned and we could continue our journey, fortunately, before we had to make acquaintance with the men. With the last drop of petrol, we reached the town of Pec. When we arrived there with an open top, we were immediately besieged by many children who were on our running board of the beetle. Their hands were everywhere in the interior of the car. They wanted cigarettes. Pens and sweets. We gave what we had. This part of the trip was well over.

The beetle ran and ran to Alexandroupolis in Greece. Shortly after the continuation of Alexandroupolis, went suddenly out of the engine and let also fail to boot. Herbei A laboriously fetched only Greek-speaking mechanic, took up the cause. To test the electronic system, he wanted to connect a 12 volt battery, which we tried to stop, because the beetle had only a 6 volt system. Through his gestures, he made clear to us that this was necessary and we let him do. When to reconnect to the 12 volt battery began to smoke in the light switch on the dashboard. This was the Greek way to find a short circuit. He built a makeshift desk and a new cable and lo and behold, he ran. We could vortsetzen our trip to Istanbul.

Once there, we had covered 3500 km. In Istanbul road between the old American convertible Straßenkreuzern was our much acclaimed Exotic. The trip home took us through Bulgaria and the Yugoslav Auto-putt. After 7000 km distance traveled, we safely reached our home town in Germany.
After 32 years I decided to auction, the beetles in eBay. A collector from Belgium won the tender. He makes a complete restoration with original parts, which he documented with photos in our Internett. I'm glad to know my beloved convertible into such good hands.
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the translation, my german is pretty poor too. Laughing
I've added some period pics too: http://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14651
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
millerje78
Samba Amishman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passoa55 wrote:
Thanks for the translation, my german is pretty poor too. Laughing
I've added some period pics too: http://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14651

beautiful car, passoa55. cool build picture series as well. thanks for sharing those photos!

do your research, consult with experts, and buy quality parts. you won't be sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a better translation. Wink
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14651
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 original paint oval
1958 lowlight ghia black
1967 SO42 westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: