Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mreuter
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

Zero Intergrity

I am relativity new to the Vanagon community as you can see from my past posts. I try to help the community with the knowledge I have gathered with my current Vanagon and I have asked for others to help with me with issues of my Vanagon, and it seems like a great community that I want to be a part of.

But, recently I put out a WTB ad to purchase a side step and I talked with the seller for 4 days, and I agreed to purchase the side step for $800 shipped, and he agreed. A couple days go by while he was searching for missing parts and then asks for the shipping cost, and if I didn't want to pay the extra amount he would just keep it for himself. He then posts the item on the classifieds for $1000.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2592179

Clearly, I am not happy about the situation but for others that might want do business with him, buyer be aware.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by pemz0r on Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Zero Intergrity Reply with quote

Happy New Years!

The Site is brimming full of wonderful people!
This is a kind, caring and generous place.

But....... we have a few AssHoles too.

Let it go, focus on the good, blow off the A-holes and forget about them.

Life is too short as it is.

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Zero Intergrity Reply with quote

I too was internally gritty for a week one Tuesday...but thankfully am also back to zero
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Zero Intergrity Reply with quote

You should leave feedback on the seller along with your supporting screenshots: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71850

These forums are not the place for it, but yeah that is rotten behavior and maddening.
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

OMG - this greedy little jerk cut out the some of the conversation where i ask him to pay for shipping because it is heavier as I remembered and he backed out what was fine because it was more worth as he offered and i was not unhappy that he did. Point is that this cheap member want to take advantage of the situation. If you read it than you see i did not want to sell this part what is worth much more because you cannot get it. Within 10 minutes of posting it i had already 2 interested buyer who pay what they think is really worth it. If you to cheap to pay for shipping on a great deal for an item no one else offers than back off you maniac. Than flaming me on Samba because little boy did not get what he wanted . How cute! Want a lollipop?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Zero Intergrity Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Happy New Years!

The Site is brimming full of wonderful people!
This is a kind, caring and generous place.

But....... we have a few AssHoles too.

Let it go, focus on the good, blow off the A-holes and forget about them.

Life is too short as it is.

How would you like if i post your name over the Samba “What an Asshole” but i would not do that because i don't know you except what i just read here.
Please read line 13 of the picture he posted saying” Offer $800 brother local picks up” than line 24 $800 but pay shipping because brother does not pick up” after i told him line 25 to heavy for free shipping he backs out. So reading all this who do you think is this person you calling names? Me, him or maybe is it you?
You sound like a condescending bully and how can you be an moderator using this kind words bullying other members without even knowing the story?

Last edited by mreuter on Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

To shorten this story here what happened.
He posted that he need a part
I responded i might have this part but do you what do you offer
He responded $800 local brother picks up (line 24)
I responded “sounds fair, let me check when i am back”
I responded found it but heavy than remember so if no pickup than you pay shipping.
He responded “no” and i say rather keeping ( selling to someone else than loosing money.)
Guy sees i called his bluff by posting it and on Samba and he flames me here because he could not get the part because he insisted on free shipping for heavy parts.
And thats what all it was.

Last edited by mreuter on Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

If you re-read the emails, it says that you wanted more, 4th line up from the screen shot. Not hiding anything. It's pretty Black and White, and it seems others think the same.
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

pemz0r wrote:
If you re-read the emails, it says that you wanted more, 4th line up from the screen shot. Not hiding anything. It's pretty Black and White, and it seems others think the same.

Well he posted the conversation and nothing i wrote says I wanted more money. I ask for him to pay for shipping, nothing else. He could have picked it up himself for free.
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

pemz0r wrote:

Lol, and I thought you got some common sense but seem to be wrong about it.

I never ask him for more for this part. If he had picked it up i would sold him the step for $800 but shipping was to expensive.

I had no plans to sell it but $800 seemed to be ok so i checked over 2 days and found the parts. I never told him that we have a deal because i actually did not know how many parts i have and if i find them.

After finding all parts i told him he can have it for the price but i not cover shipping. He could pick it up for $800.

However, seeing your text you posted with him I have to say you both are the worse scumbacks I ever had the pleasure to meet on Samba. Are you actually seeing what back stepping trash you both are?
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

To add to my 2 little sneaky friends attack, please read line 12 from him!
“I offer you $800 and my brother lives in the bayarea who will pick it up for me”
I responded “thats sounds fair”
At the end you read that i can do $800 but he has to pay the shipping or his brother pick it up. Never ever ask for more than $800.

When he rejected I evaluated the price and posted for $1000 to see if interested people out there and i can go down to $800 if needed.
This is normal procedure but what you guys do is shameful !
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

Now I am getting the dynamic of it.

You offer $800 with local pickup than you want free shipping and I say I cannot do free shipping than you reject the the buy and when I post it on Samba you flame me?

What a low level person you are. I hope many people read this and become aware what kind of scammer you are and how you try to press members to sell cheap to you otherwise you flame them.

Shame on you Cameron
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

Cameron, he said it was heavier than he remembered, and therefore shipping would be extra. Your last message after he explained that, and that he would rather keep it than be out shipping was "ok". So the picture is that "ok" means you understood.
Shipping costs are way up compared to even a year ago, and it has bitten some of us in the ass, because our gut feeling for what something used to cost is way off now. He tried to work with you and then realized it would cost more than expected, and after you said you had someone that could pick it up (in which case he would not be out shipping costs). You're making a person to person deal, based on your budget and what he needs on his end, you deal with it or carry on. If it's more than you're willing to pay, who's fault is that? At least this is how it appears to someone with no dog in the fight.
As for the "listing price" being 1k
common practice, you leave a little head room so you can negotiate.
I actually have no idea why I'm even commenting, except that I'm waiting for a train with nothing to do..
chill out man, and try to have a happy new year. SD
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

esde wrote:
Cameron, he said it was heavier than he remembered, and therefore shipping would be extra. Your last message after he explained that, and that he would rather keep it than be out shipping was "ok". So the picture is that "ok" means you understood.
As for the "listing price" being 1k
common practice, you leave a little head room so you can negotiate.
I actually have no idea why I'm even commenting, except that I'm waiting for a train with nothing to do..
chill out man, and try to have a happy new year. SD

Thank you for reading and understanding this situation as it occurred and not by only reading the headline of this thread.
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

Esde,

In all my years of buying and selling on this forum, I never come across a seller like Mike. You have your opinion, and I have mine, and clearly there's others that share mine. It's bad business. This is last I am writing about and moving on.
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

pemz0r wrote:
Esde,

In all my years of buying and selling on this forum, I never come across a seller like Mike. You have your opinion, and I have mine, and clearly there's others that share mine. It's bad business. This is last I am writing about and moving on.

You changed the story again. Did you not start your with “I am new to the community…” and now you change it to “In all my years in buying on selling in the community…”

You have to stick to your story my friend to be believable.

And to end up this endless flaming, you still can get this for $800 as I agreed on but pay for shipping or let you brother pick it up as you offered. I am not here to make money on parts.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: mreuter - [email protected] - Mike Reuter Reply with quote

Bought a set of curtains from Mike, He had lowered the price and I made him an offer with shipping. I really only needed one piece but am a bit of a vanagon parts hoarder I thought I's buy the set and pick and choose the best pieces.

He responded quickly and shipped just as quickly, items were as advertised and well packed. I'd buy from him again.

We all run across Jerks like like your last customer. I had one like that and after she paid me I refunded her her money and let her go. Some peopela re just not worth the effort.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: