Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help with ID of this 36hp Valve Cover
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Need help with ID of this 36hp Valve Cover Reply with quote

I have a pair of these on a 36 HP engine I'm rebuilding, never saw covers like this with a breather vent, are they industrial or old speed equipment? Doesn't look like a butcher job, they look like they were manufactured like this. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those are breather vents. The 1953-57 Bentley VW Service manual has a detailed explanation how to modify oem valve covers with this particular mod.
billmetric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of those also, some of the ones I've seen seem to be factory made, almost too good to have been modded, I think there was a part number for them, they were an attempt to reduce oil leakage from the crank pulley due to blow by on high mileage engines, mine seem to work great, its an easy mod too if you have the manual
There is an idea of a Billmetric; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: